Painting Technique - Version 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Bradley said:
This tutorial will be very helpful when I try to match Darkes helmet to your suit.. Can't wait.... you ARE the paint master!!!

Awesome! ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think everyone who watches your painting tutorial will either faint or go into shock, based off the awesomness of that video :mrgreen:

I never would have thought of spraying black into the cracks and wiping the excess. Clever idea there. Looks great, and thanks for the tutorial.

Adam said:
I just hope everyone doesn't have armor that looks like mine ;-)

Fitz might ;-)

Love the sock technique adam. I used to use that technique whenever I didn't have an airbrush handy.

How much is spray paint like that? :p

Today I have to make my diaper... Aka Crotch plate... Then chest and I'm gonna get stuff for glassing... :)

Adam... I'm absolutely amazed. Seriously I'm just in shock at seeing how you've done this..

You wouldn't believe how much I've agonized over my paint, and worried about adding battle damage and wear.. Your techniqe is brilliant.

I'll give it a shot with Darkes helmet..

Sean Bradley said:
Adam... I'm absolutely amazed. Seriously I'm just in shock at seeing how you've done this..

You wouldn't believe how much I've agonized over my paint, and worried about adding battle damage and wear.. Your techniqe is brilliant.

I'll give it a shot with Darkes helmet..

That makes two of us, and I'd love to see how it turns out Sean!

:mrgreen: (ADAM DOES AMAZING WORK, Hands down...)

I love his paint job, and I'm sure I'll love what you'll do with mine. ;-)

Fitz

I picked up all courage I had left after seeing the video and asked him for his secret colour scheme, very simpel.

This was his reply:

OREGANO for the greenish color, and black automotive primer for the other stuff.

I used hammered silver for the "scratches" You can get all at home depot or lowes.

So there it is... The ultimate colors... On behalf of Adam, enjoy.

Tk-3350

*all credit for this tutorial and/or information goes to Adam. I had nothing to do with any of this except for the part that I asked him for teh colors HE (Adam) used in HIS tutorial.*

TK-3350 said:
I picked up all courage I had left after seeing the video and asked him for his secret colour scheme, very simpel.

This was his reply:

OREGANO for the greenish color, and black automotive primer for the other stuff.

I used hammered silver for the "scratches" You can get all at home depot or lowes.

So there it is... The ultimate colors... On behalf of Adam, enjoy.

Tk-3350

*all credit for this tutorial and/or information goes to Adam. I had nothing to do with any of this except for the part that I asked him for teh colors HE (Adam) used in HIS tutorial.*

Hrm, I would never have thought of Oregano....wow Adam!

I use black automotive for all my scratches and dings on my Clone armor...so I'm familiar with that (Awesome how you did it though!)

And I'm familiar with the hammered stuff, very cool!

Have you ever thought of using white for scratches in combination with the silver? It really brings out the scratch your trying to show, what you want to do is put your silver, then grab the tiniest brush you can find and flick the smallest amount of paint around it.

I'll see if I can grab a pic of what I mean.. ;-)

Great job Adam, I can see you love to paint and Tk-3350, thanks for asking Adam and then posting it.

;-)

Fitz

Really Awesome Adam!

How long did you wait for the primary paint color to dry before doing the black primer trick?

I just ask because Ive tried something similar before and I wind up smearing all the coats of paint instead of just the black...

before I cut out all of the audio, i was narrerating, saying "make sure you let EACH COAT DRY ENTIRELY" before you paint a new coat. Otherwise you'll smear the coats together, or off completely.

I used a heat gun to speed the process, and about an hour between coats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back