parkour or free running

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the foremost needed qualities of any free runner is full flexibility and as far as a range of movements you can dow ith MC armor its just not near enough to do anything but run and maybe jump. Also the rolling would jar the armor to much and it could fall off.

tryed it was veryy good at it until they found out i have server akiles tendenidious in both ankles =[ but u just had to be flexible

soxfanant95 said:
tryed it was veryy good at it until they found out i have server akiles tendenidious in both ankles =[ but u just had to be flexible
no lie i can free run like you wouldnt believe. I am flexible and can flip, run, basically i am very good

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...

I have a friend at work who free runs. He climbs on top of the Movie Theater near our workplace all the time.

we have stands in our gym that flaten against the wall. there about 20 feet tall. i can run up the side ouf it and land sitting on top.

papamurf812 said:
It's an extreme running sport used to get from point A to point B... As fast as possible...
They do it in Assassin's Creed

It's really cool. I'm starting to learn.

its not sopposed to be fast

Decided to check this thread out, freerunning is a fun thing to do. But there is a difference between parkour and freerunning, freerunning is simply what its name is, FREE running, doing whatrever oyu want, and parkour is the art of getting from point A to point B as fast as possible, parkour doesnt usually include flips gyros and all that jazz. Freerunning is all abuot the flips, spins, jumps and all that, and slightly off topic but who is your favorite freerunner?
Mine would have to be David Belle- He OWNZ.
And just another question, do any of you guys "trick"? If you dont know what it is, you can check it out on wikipedia, basically its karate moves, flips, spins, and all that, only in a smaller area. - Ice
~edit~ if you wanna survive ANY of the decent jumps in freerunning, you have to be able to to the landing where as soon as you hit the ground you tuck and roll, -it really helps, without it, you just crush your feet/ankles

the art of landing takes months to master. its all about the bend. if you hit the ground and your body wants to fall, let it orelse youll break your legs or blow ankles. ive mastered 20 feet with no flip so far. next im going for flips.

papamurf812 said:
Yeah, I'm working on wall spin and backflip.
Nice, I would, but of course- there is snow on the gruond preventing me from doing very much, so im out of this until about march or so... =/ - Ice

rvb4life said:
can the human body really take that kind of abuse? god.......im gonna have to get into this!
cartman said:
im suprised that they dont die or break there ankles. there jumping of some high stuff.
It looks crazy but it all plays off physics more than the human body; the moves are designed to pass off the energy and momentum the runner built up instead of trying to bring it at a full stop in a short amount of time. The most important thing is a "flow." I've never done parkour like I said before but the martial art Aikido is really similar in the respect of manipulating balance and energy.

rvb4life, definitely have fun learning but be careful! :)

soxfanant95 said:

[shameless plug] Check out Aikido. [/shameless plug] Seriously though, the founder was still practicing and flipping attackers over from a chair when he became too old to move around on his feet so much. I'm saying Aikido because I'm familiar with it but there's a lot of other "soft" martial arts which don't depend so much on brute strength.

I'd do this if it wern't for a few things. First, I live in the 'burbs, so no buildings right for this sort of thing. Two, it needs flexiblity, speed, strength, balance, and I think co-ordination. I have none of these in any mentionable amouts. :cautious: Still, it looks cool to watch.

Me and a couple friends tried parkour once, we were attempting gainers and wall flips...we put a matress to the jhouse and everything. Im in cross-country so I thought it would be easy lol. The sport would be easy if you could get over the psychological aspect of it. And Ice I beg to differ about parkours definition. Heres dictionary.coms deffinition.

Main Entry: parkour
Part of Speech: n
Definition: a recreational pursuit in which participants traverse urban structures by running, jumping, vaulting, rolling, etc.

and heres free running...

Free running is a physical art, in which participants (freerunners) attempt to
pass all obstacles in their path in a smooth and fluid way. ...

David belle is supposedly the creator of parkour and look at this commercial her did, it lol's me every time.

yeah im currently a black belt in tang soo do, but that dosent really help in landing with that kind of stuff.......aikido it is? all right......time to study!

unfortunatley, my neighborhood dosent have the stuff parkour needs......its really sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back