PAX East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboose vs Grif

Member DIN
S737
Hello everyone! Although I did not go to PAX East, I was wondering who would go next year, or went before. I want to get an idea so that if I go, I would know who was there. Thanks! :)

I have went both this year and last, and do plan on going again. For a few things to start off with, always have a program guide with the times and locations of all the shows. I wanted to go to the rooster teeth show but couldn't due to the incredibly long line, so definitely go at least in hour in advance if you plan on attending that. Second, everyone LOVES a good costume. its not a huge dress up con like dragon con or comic con but it definitely helps to have one. Not expand on that thought, it gets very crowded there, especially on saturday when people have the day off, and is best to get there early that day or else you get the back of the line like I did. There are 2 major sections of the con floor, the game booths (majority of booths) from some major game companies like sega, ubisoft, rockstar, capcon, and occasionally valve, along with secondary booths from secondary game shops to semi-popular /popular businesses like the rooster teeth booth (they sell shirts, pins, and DVDs) Now they do have food in and close around the convention but I highly suggest walking to a nearby resturant for lunch as it gets packed the closer to a restaurant you are.

Here is a video of my experience and some purchases made at Pax East 2012, any other questions just ask away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks but I don't even know if I'm going yet so we'll have to wait and see. It looks like fun though.

I definitely plan on going and hoping to have my first Spartan armor ready by then! Not that you know me or that anyone really knows me, ahahah...

I'm not sure if I'll have any game costumes ready in time. I am currewntly working on my Evangelion build so if I get my other halo build done I might wear that. Thankfully unlike comicon its in march in boston so its really perfect temperature for wearing a costume.

I'm not sure if I'll have any game costumes ready in time. I am currewntly working on my Evangelion build so if I get my other halo build done I might wear that. Thankfully unlike comicon its in march in boston so its really perfect temperature for wearing a costume.

Yeah good thing or else it would be sweltering in there.

I'm planning on going next year, hopefully in full armor depening how much it costs to ship the whole thing.

live just outside Boston, so i pop into most if not all the cons at some point.. whether it be I'm working, attending or helping a friend

I realise this is a big bump, but PAX East is in less then a month. Anyone else going who wanna check in on here? I will hopefully be going in my chief armor if its done on time.

I'll be going! I'll be in cosplay, though I won't have any new armor to bring (Save for some skyrim stuff if I can get the casts done), and I'm not sure if want the hassle of going around in protoman armor I did last year. Either way, I'll see you folks there!

Really? what will you be dressed up as? I wanna see if we can get a small group shot. phoenix and I both have three day passes so yeah.

I might be wearing my protoman armor. I say might, because A: It was the first armor I ever made and I rushed it and made a million avoidable mistakes that I am now deeply ashamed of (see my forum picture), and B: I need to remake my arm cannon because the first is so covered in signatures I'm terrified of damaging it.

Otherwise, I'll probably be wearing a large black cloak with fur accents and my dragon priest mask. No radical cosplay plans this year (those are usually for otakon). I also might bring my mage robes. I have a lot of cloth costumes that I don't post much about on here because they're A. Anime and B. Not armor. Either way, I'll keep an eye out, I love meeting new people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back