Preparation for PAX (wip)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says I am planning on going to pax prime,so im starting on a custom spartan suit with a AR and magnum.Ill let these pictures of the almost done AR do the talking.lol

FILE0010.jpg

FILE0009-1.jpg

FILE0008-1.jpg

As im writing this post, im printing a MK.V (A) reach helmet (thanks roadwarrior and rhinoc).
Hopefully have a update tomorrow.

UPDATE:

well I had to work with my dad all yesterday so I didnt get as much done as I wanted,but meh it happens.So I worked on it all day and TADDA

FILE0002-2.jpg

FILE0004-1.jpg

FILE0003-1.jpg

FILE0006-1.jpg

Its not all the way done,but you get the picture.Anyway I can't seem to find a way to make these pictures smaller other than making them thumbnail size (stupid photobucket) So sorry for the pic heavyness:(
Im still on the fence to either do the sholders or the torso next :/ ,will update when I get more done.crit is wanted.:)

ANOTHER UPDATE:

playermodel.png

This is what im shooting for.

AR is looking mighty fine, so is the Helm. :)
I never thought of doing the helm in cardboard. Can't wait to see more progress let alone in person when its finished!
Keep up the good work. :D

Cheers!

"Yea that floor was talking of sedition to the boom boxs,I had to show it who is in charge in this hallway"...LOL.Anyway yes I use hot glue on my stuff and yes it holds pretty good.I prefer it to other glues and tape but if you don't know how to do it,you can get globs of it on your armor or burn your self.And all my stuff is made of cardbourd..lol.Except the AR which is just gona be a master for a mold.

Color me impressed, your stuffs looking really good so far. I'm with longshot, can't wait to see this in person.

UPDATE:

You know I realy should have put PICK HEAVY in the title but (shrugs) I hope no one complains.lol.The helmet is finally
FINISHED....except that the vents in the front need to be exacto knifed out :/
FILE00072.jpg

FILE0002-4.jpg

FILE0001-1.jpg

O and I barely started on the chest.
FILE0004-2.jpg

Wow

I have been working with cardboard too, though yours is Alot cleaner then mine lol love the helm and I have the same boombox as u :D

Awesome work! Every time I look at someones work I always get envious and am ALWAYS impressed. Are you free handing this stuff or using a file?

Holy crud :O Im sorry I Haven't actually been keeping tabs on this thread much,hence why I haven't replied to any of your Qs (sorry)

@flash I swear the boombox is getting more press that the armor :p (lol) BTW love your DMR :D

@EuphoricDorian I pretty much print out the pep and trace it on the cardbourd and put it together like a pep.But its more structurely sound and if I want to tinker with it or free hand some of it I can.O and I do some free hand only stuff but not much :/

UPDATE:I just got back from washington (the state lol) Had to go see the grandparents :) ANYWAY took my tools with me and,well ill let the pictures again do the talking :)
EDIT:If any ones wondering whats up with my expresion it was like 90 degrees in my bathroom :O
FILE0087.jpg

FILE0090.jpg

BTW is it just me or is my MA37 a little small,Comments?
FILE0093.jpg

Critism welcome :)

You made my helmet file look real nice(It might be a tweaked model), and let me test my pep file knowledge, there's Rihnoc's forearm's I think, and ForgeReclaimer's bicep with L3X's torso file. I don't know about the hand plate.

Overall very nice.

O forgot to ad this :/
FILE0094.jpg

Im going to need to get some more crates for my spartan :/ Btw there is somewhere in this picture is a hint at a project that im going to post on this thursday. (my Bday build) If you figure it out keep it to yourself :]

O yeah and roadwarrior you got all of them right except the gauntlets are Ruzes (so are the handplates)
btw....YOUR HELMET IS BEAST.

You should make some video tutorial on how you make your suit. I think many people who has limited budget would love to learn from you ( I know I would) and because your build is drop dead amazing and I can't wait to see more.

O forgot to ad this :/
Im going to need to get some more crates for my spartan :/ Btw there is somewhere in this picture is a hint at a project that im going to post on this thursday. (my Bday build) If you figure it out keep it to yourself :]

I see two hints :p. Anyway, I'm liking the build, looks incredible for cardboard. I want to see this baby when it's all done.

You know, I'm not really a fan or advocate of corrugated cardboard as a building material, but you turned that on it's head for me! Great work, your helmet looks better than some Pep helmets I've seen. Really looking forward to seeing this finished.

Your armor is coming along great I can’t wait to see the finished product this year at PAX !

UPDATE:Got the biceps done.
FILE0002-6.jpg

I got the pacing wrong on the detail peices,for the one on the right.(theres only supposed to be six it has seven :/)
I first tried cardbourd on the detail.
FILE0128.jpg

And it didn't work so well :/ I tried foamies,and it turned out pretty good.
FILE0003-3.jpg

I think im gona start using foamies for detail more often know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back