PAX Prime 2011 - Who's going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
23 days till HaloFest
Countdown Pic of the day

Ahhh Fiberglassing... a messy stinky job!
img00014024.jpg

Soooo... my question is this: What are you going to be wearing to HALOFEST/PAX?

:)

pfft lol pansy... Eye protection and a painter's suit.... I do that job in short shorts and a bikini top. XD

edit: Will be wearing my armor, Cortana, and possibly I-no (Guilty Gear) and/or Ada Wong. We'll see if I bring more than 2 costumes.... I usually do, but we'll see how lazy I get.

you go all safteyed out don't ya, me gloves crapy clothes and eye pro for me. I will be wearing my armor MK VI chest,Recon helmet,Recon shoulders and a Magnum

I'm still making progress, but it's been over 100 degrees every day here so I can only work outside so long.
The visor is installed and etched. Turned out pretty good I think.
th_helm-visor.jpg

Sorry I am so late to reply! I really should check the site more often.

As for myself, I will certainly be attending PAX Prime this year. Seeing as I am a Seattle resident with a short commute to the Washington State Convention Center and two relatives living in an apartment a block away from it, I will not be staying in a hotel. However, I would be thrilled to do some kind of meet up.

I will be attending wearing my ODST armor. Sadly not a lot more to show of it than last year, but I have made a bunch of "under the hood" improvements that greatly enhance my comfort (for example, wearing the costume no longer flays skin from my feet, yay!) and some minor presentational adjustments.

I will be happy to participate in the Halofest Friday Fan Photos event. I am uncertain if I should go to the Thursday photoshoot though. That gear takes some effort to get into and out of again, and I generally prefer to minimize costume changes throughout the event. However, I might be persuaded to join in, if we have a good enough turn-out.

Hmmm... sound like good advice with regards to the orange on the ends of the weapons. I'll be doing the same with my shotgun(s). Better to play it safe than to stir up issues with security.
Just in case this is an issue, I plan on bringing a roll of orange electrical tape with me to the meetup. If anyone needs to mark their weapons, they are free to use that. However, I think that enforcement of safty-binding is rather lax at PAX. While Trooper0621 had to mark his pistol and SMG, I found that my assault rifle was not subject to such scrutiny, so I do not think that they really have a unified policy with regard to prop weapons, or at least not one as well defined as at other conventions that I have been to.

That having been said, if you go to lunch at Westlake Center, leave your weapons and helmets behind. One of the mall security there told me off (after I had eaten) saying that the helmet and prop weapon might intimidate some patrons. Other, more Halo-familiar patrons, seemed thrilled though.

Just in case this is an issue, I plan on bringing a roll of orange electrical tape with me to the meetup. If anyone needs to mark their weapons, they are free to use that. However, I think that enforcement of safty-binding is rather lax at PAX. While Trooper0621 had to mark his pistol and SMG, I found that my assault rifle was not subject to such scrutiny, so I do not think that they really have a unified policy with regard to prop weapons, or at least not one as well defined as at other conventions that I have been to.

That having been said, if you go to lunch at Westlake Center, leave your weapons and helmets behind. One of the mall security there told me off (after I had eaten) saying that the helmet and prop weapon might intimidate some patrons. Other, more Halo-familiar patrons, seemed thrilled though.

Yea I had to take off my helmet at the alderwood mall because they said it was a security violation so cams could see my face If i was to nick something. No issues at Tacoma mall though Glad too see someone else from Washington is going.

So what other get togethers are we looking at other than the Halofest Friday Fan Photo's and Interaction?
Any idea when people will be at HaloFest on Friday?

So what other get togethers are we looking at other than the Halofest Friday Fan Photo's and Interaction?
Any idea when people will be at HaloFest on Friday?

The doors open at 10 and I usually go way early to wait in line plus first 5000 through the doors at halo fest get some cool swag so i'll be there real early.

Got a question the pax site says you get access to halo fest with you pax prime pass, I have a Fri, and Sun pass is there separate passes you can purchase to get into halo fest from the description it sounds that halo fest is it's own thing attached to pax kinda like the D&D thing last year. If there is halo fest passes were can I buy one if any, because that would keep me from just sitting in a hotel on sat drinking the day away lol.

Got my info I needed Pax badge is the only way and here is the halo fest hours---
Friday, August 26 10am-7pm
Saturday, August 27 10am-6pm
Sunday, August 28 10am-6pm

19 days till PAX
Missed a few days of pics due to back to back work.
Sooooo... I'll make up for it here! :)

Worked on Chiefs new Gloves. Adding some paint. Waiting for it to dry. Then add the Velcro to hold the plate.
I used Mechanics gloves for a few reasons:
They are very breathable. Velcro will stick to it. They have a kick a$$ pattern.
picture_69.jpg

Assisted GameMaster with his "Spartan Intimidator" upgrades.
Finished painting H3 Foam Shotgun V2. This one has 3 blue LED's (from recycled computers and cd jewel cases) for the gun sights.
img00023486.jpg

Yes! I'm bringing it too!
Wait till you see me with this in a low lit room. LOL!

im000724.jpg

PAX Prime schedule is up
This is what we have all been waiting for.
Now we can all go through it and start to plan what groups want to go where and when.

PDF of the schedule is here
This one is easier to read and plan from.

pfft lol pansy... Eye protection and a painter's suit.... I do that job in short shorts and a bikini top. XD
edit: Will be wearing my armor, Cortana, and possibly I-no (Guilty Gear) and/or Ada Wong. We'll see if I bring more than 2 costumes.... I usually do, but we'll see how lazy I get.

LOL! I could have added bunny ears to that suit. :p

you go all safteyed out don't ya, me gloves crapy clothes and eye pro for me. I will be wearing my armor MK VI chest,Recon helmet,Recon shoulders and a Magnum

Sweet. Can't wait to see your suit. :D

I'm still making progress, but it's been over 100 degrees every day here so I can only work outside so long.
The visor is installed and etched. Turned out pretty good I think.
th_helm-visor.jpg

Nice to see the etching in the visor. It really does add to the look and feel. Well done!

Sorry I am so late to reply! I really should check the site more often.

As for myself, I will certainly be attending PAX Prime this year. Seeing as I am a Seattle resident with a short commute to the Washington State Convention Center and two relatives living in an apartment a block away from it, I will not be staying in a hotel. However, I would be thrilled to do some kind of meet up.

I will be attending wearing my ODST armor. Sadly not a lot more to show of it than last year, but I have made a bunch of "under the hood" improvements that greatly enhance my comfort (for example, wearing the costume no longer flays skin from my feet, yay!) and some minor presentational adjustments.

I will be happy to participate in the Halofest Friday Fan Photos event. I am uncertain if I should go to the Thursday photoshoot though. That gear takes some effort to get into and out of again, and I generally prefer to minimize costume changes throughout the event. However, I might be persuaded to join in, if we have a good enough turn-out.

Nice to have you onboard. I'll add you to the Who's going list. As for the Friday Fan Photo's event, we are awaiting more details from BSAngel (halowaypoint). In the meantime I'll add you to that list.

I was hoping that someone would be prepared for this. Kudo's! I'll leave that in your hands to help us out should we need it. Thanks F.S.

The doors open at 10 and I usually go way early to wait in line plus first 5000 through the doors at halo fest get some cool swag so i'll be there real early.

Got a question the pax site says you get access to halo fest with you pax prime pass, I have a Fri, and Sun pass is there separate passes you can purchase to get into halo fest from the description it sounds that halo fest is it's own thing attached to pax kinda like the D&D thing last year. If there is halo fest passes were can I buy one if any, because that would keep me from just sitting in a hotel on sat drinking the day away lol.

Got my info I needed Pax badge is the only way and here is the halo fest hours---
Friday, August 26 10am-7pm
Saturday, August 27 10am-6pm
Sunday, August 28 10am-6pm

I'm hoping to line up early.

There are no separate passes for HaloFest. :(
The PAX Pass is your only ticket to getting in. :)

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
ugh do I go to halo fest at con start or Halo Anniversary pannel!? -.- I kinda wish I could just run around the expo hall at con start. -.-

yea... me too! I just wana look around 1st.

What ever ya choose ill tag along with if that's cool, I am thinking of puting a back pack with clips that hold it on my back to hold my swag, any insight on if its a good idea to add this to my suit or not? Didn't need a bag to carry till late because my buddy was coming with me and was going to take pics and carry my swag I get but he is having a issue of getting a pass/leave from his battery his reason was not good enough for them I guess. I put down going to a wedding lol worked for me if he cant go I will see if my cousin can in his place.

What ever ya choose ill tag along with if that's cool, I am thinking of puting a back pack with clips that hold it on my back to hold my swag, any insight on if its a good idea to add this to my suit or not? Didn't need a bag to carry till late because my buddy was coming with me and was going to take pics and carry my swag I get but he is having a issue of getting a pass/leave from his battery his reason was not good enough for them I guess. I put down going to a wedding lol worked for me if he cant go I will see if my cousin can in his place.

I have no problems with you tagging along. In fact I think that would look more epic hanging around as a Spartan group. Adding a back pack would also be a great idea. As you say... any incoming swag would need a place to be stored... The backback would be perfect. :)

Edit: Update. Just found out that my PAX passes are being FedEx'd to me. ETA is for the 18th.

I have no problems with you tagging along. In fact I think that would look more epic hanging around as a Spartan group. Adding a back pack would also be a great idea. As you say... any incoming swag would need a place to be stored... The backback would be perfect. :)

Edit: Update. Just found out that my PAX passes are being FedEx'd to me. ETA is for the 18th.

Alright sounds like a plan. I will put the back pack on tonight and post a pic on what it came out like.

Update to backpack: Ok I got the backpack on used buckles, and nylon straps and riveted them to the back piece only flaw is I need help putting my swag in can't really reach around that far.

IMG_0705-1.jpg

IMG_0707-1.jpg

I think that's "OK" as you'll have other Spartans to help you with that (myself included) :)
Otherwise... I like it! Only concern is will the rivets hold up to the weight of swag that gets put into the backpack? Testing may be required. :p

I think that's "OK" as you'll have other Spartans to help you with that (myself included) :)
Otherwise... I like it! Only concern is will the rivets hold up to the weight of swag that gets put into the backpack? Testing may be required. :p

Done and done put a 20LB dumbbell in it and jumped around for a bit no issues. I still have to see what it looks like with everything on might be scraped if it looks too ridiculous.

The more I look at it the more I hate it i'm not doing the bag hopefully by buddy get's his stuff together and ends up coming so he can be my pack mule lol. If not there might be a spartan with a messenger bag lol.

No worries. At least you gave it a good test. I'll be bringing my fanny pack to hold my camera and other items, but that's about all I'll be able to carry. Hmmm.. perhaps I should look into getting/making a thigh pouch attachment. I'll have to ponder on it for a while. :)

Scott and I both bought some sweet fanny packs from ebay. His looks great on him, but I find on me, it's too big (because I'm obviously much smaller than him and the pack was bigger than I thought). So if someone wants to borrow the one I bought for myself, pm me and I'll bring it along.
I'll just use Scott as my mule; wearing a fanny pack would be silly and there's no point getting used to being dependent with mine as a spartan, then having none as Cortana later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back