pepakura JFO helm WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home Depot has some nice Styrene sheets and some other great Flexan sheeting at about .093in decent sheet was around 15 for the Flexan stuff.

That JFO looks like a great Foam type model.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw his pics. Nice flat pieces to cut out of foam.

this is what i was able to get done so far today. i had to go cut some more strips of fiberglass so i took a break to do that and have lunch. i will try to get some more done today.

100_6880.jpg

the fiberglassing is done and the helmet is ready for bondo. i will hopefully start the bondo process tomorrow or saturday after i get paid. i will upload pics in a couple hours. also does anyone know where i can get some mirrored window tint film like whats on this cars windows?
img1550ee6.jpg

it is for the visor when i get it made.

im sorry i did not get the pics uploaded, today was full of unexpected hassles, work got really busy and i wasnt able to get out to go to come home for lunch and take the pics, i had to pick up my sister from school because she locked her keys in the car, and some other things i hadn't planned on doing. anyway i plan on starting bondo work this weekend. so far i am actually ahead of schedule for this build.

James.

just something i decided to do to see where i need to put the details when its time to bondo, which i picked up a quart earlier today. the lines on the visor area are the actual details i might add with bondo before i vacu-form the visor to get those details.

100_6893.jpg

100_6891.jpg

100_6890.jpg

100_6889.jpg

100_6888.jpg

nice suggestion for the visor, but i have actually already tried that method, it works okay if you only plan to wear it for a little while but for long periods of wearing the helm it is not ideal. i will probably use some spray-on tint or mirrored tint film if i can find some.

on another note, i have been thinking of what color scheme the helmet should be, and i came up with white and black, purple and black, or all black. i dont have any pics of the colors schemes yet just thought that i should start thinking about what it should be since its getting close to that part of the build.

James.

The JFO actually looks nice and simple, so its a great model and unfold, and it might be easier than any other reach helmet on here. I was actually gonna make almost every helmet after i finish the suit.

wasnt able to start bondo this weekend because it was raining. but i plan to start today around lunchtime so pics will be up tonight also can anyone take a close up screenshot of the black part on the forehead and post them here. the shots i have i cant really see the detail as much as id like.

james.

nice suggestion for the visor, but i have actually already tried that method, it works okay if you only plan to wear it for a little while but for long periods of wearing the helm it is not ideal. i will probably use some spray-on tint or mirrored tint film if i can find some.

on another note, i have been thinking of what color scheme the helmet should be, and i came up with white and black, purple and black, or all black. i dont have any pics of the colors schemes yet just thought that i should start thinking about what it should be since its getting close to that part of the build.

James.

Can't wait for pictures! Lol, It's going to look awesome. BTW, Magic sculpt works wonders for doing raized detail. I've been using it alot recently. I bought the 5lb batch, but haven't made a dent in it yet. the 1lb should be enough if you decide to use it. Great job so far on outlining your details. I know its a rough sketch, if you have time, try using a measuring tool to place the actual detail on the helmet, so you can get the crisp symetrical lines. i'm really stoked that the pep work was done so well and the model looks nice and symetrical. This is definitely going to look good if you take your time with it. Great work!

Update

i started on the bondo today, this is the first time i have ever worked with the stuff but it was easier than i thought it would be, sanding is a pain because i dont have a mouse sander. but its coming along nicely i think. here are pics.

100_6897-1.jpg

100_6896.jpg

100_6895.jpg

James.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back