Pepakura Mold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone was so set on making the pep files, fiber/bondoing, and then molding. No one thought to make the molds from pep first. :lol:

Cool idea. Very cool.

Edit:
Question, how thick will it make the plates by default? Just curious.

23Magnum said:
Everyone was so set on making the pep files, fiber/bondoing, and then molding. No one thought to make the molds from pep first. :lol:

Cool idea. Very cool.

Edit:

Thanks,

They'll be thick as Robo's plates just sealed on backside.

Last edited by a moderator:
but how would it work? wouldnt it leave behind fold marks and sruff like that? man this is definitley different

crackhead09 said:
but how would it work? wouldnt it leave behind fold marks and sruff like that? man this is definitley different

I was thinking about this as well. But I guess the work would be done with the cast afterwards. (sanding/ etc). Nice work bevbor! this is obviously a step in a different, but promising direction. Leave it to you to think of it.

Bevbor, that's AWESOME!

It's so great to see how everyone is coming up with new ideas and innovations :) In addition to the pep models you guys have been contributing :) It's really GREAT!

Amazing idea, you could just fiberglass the molds, then sand it, grease it up with a release agent and pur resin in.
This could turn out to be something BIG! If so, everyone will worship you!

-Fin(n)ish

23Magnum said:

Just measured the model.
Pepakura model of height = 19 cm (mold model creation size) will produce plates = 16 cm length.
Lil big :)

Zenzeigan said:
well, you could bondo it so make it smooth :/

Ummmm... Nope!

for some reason it wouldn't let me quote crackhead so i'll just answer it here (his question was in post #9)

i think what you're saying is that the flaps will leave an indent on the mold, but the flaps will be inside not touching the piece, + you could just sand any little inperfections

Zenzeigan said:
well, you could bondo it so make it smooth :/

Or just sand it. Unless you're talking about the mold, and not the cast. It'd be kinda tough to bondo the mold...

Great idea, too bad I already made mine. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back