Pepakura Mold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
an idea for the box part is add keys so when it does get made it will line up correctly

Bevbor, you're genius! These pep molds are awesome. I was actually thinking about getting into molding, and I was planning on doing a pistol anyway, so I may give this a shot once my armour is done.

I can't wait to see what you come out with next.

crackhead09 said:
an idea for the box part is add keys so when it does get made it will line up correctly
i was just wondering if you were doing that. Knowing my luck i would make it would be way off

Last edited by a moderator:
wow man hats off to you lets give bevbor a standing ovation

ovation.gif
ovation.gif
ovation.gif

great job man i really want to try this out hope you release it soon :D your the man

ovation.gif

ovation.gif

Ok, here we go again. :)

As I said before I got helmet divided to 5 parts.
Today I'm done with back (neck) piece, imho most easy to work on.
This pep mold of 24 cm WIDTH gives part for helmet of 26 cm height and ~4mm thick.

Thanks a lot to marvellous FS - for his helmet model. :)

Link to PDO is here.

this is genius, can't wait till someone does it so we can check accuracy/durability of the mold.. Bev, you need to make one of these based around some common airsoft pistol, so we can insert it into the mold and create a m6d around it, would be dificult to get it right as far as making sure you didn't mold over the functional parts, but would be seriously cool

volkov said:
this is genius, can't wait till someone does it so we can check accuracy/durability of the mold.. Bev, you need to make one of these based around some common airsoft pistol, so we can insert it into the mold and create a m6d around it, would be dificult to get it right as far as making sure you didn't mold over the functional parts, but would be seriously cool
QFT, I never thought to make molds for pepakura files. First the layer Idea, now this! You truly have a creative mind Bevbor.

Why do you people keeping mum?
Why nobody asking "where floating faces are"?
Answer: I was so excited and utterly forgot about them.
My bad. Now I need to redo this part.

I had looked at this thread before, but now it's got my attention. I would be interested to see how well this technique works for making weapons. I noticed the pistol mold, and it looks interesting. What looks promising is the ability to make the parts hollow. That way airsoft components or what not can be installed inside ;) . I would like to see how the mold stands up to casting, though.

wow bevbor, that's hilarious because i was just going to ask if you could include the floating faces as part of the mold. Beautiful work! i love it. i will most definitely use it for the back piece of my helmet because i want that to be sort of rubbery and this will work wonders. :tutu:

SpartanPhalanx1 said:
I think it would be great if some hollow stuff could be done. Airsoft magnums, AR's, and shotties would be great!

:)
If you want to make hollow Magnum, just make pepakura version of model I made - here the thread of it.
Anyway, I'll do a pep mold of Magnum with ability to produce hollow inside.
Good luck.

SpartanPhalanx1 said:
I think it would be great if some hollow stuff could be done. Airsoft magnums, AR's, and shotties would be great!
Well, kinda. I wasn't exactly thinking about airsoft. ;)

bevbor said:
Wanna start mass production and get rich? :)
Happy (maybe) molding! :)\

OK, I'm J/K
Just see what I did:

Handplates mold PDO and OBJ (if you want to modify model)
UPDATE:
M6 Magnum mold PDO and OBJ

Pics:

Well I will try this out and see if this works for you and i will post pics

bevbor said:
Wanna start mass production and get rich? :)
Happy (maybe) molding! :)\

OK, I'm J/K
Just see what I did:

Handplates mold PDO and OBJ (if you want to modify model)
UPDATE:
M6 Magnum mold PDO and OBJ

Pics:
Wait if someone can make a unfolded version of the hand plates i will assist to try it

ok i just stumbled on this topic and am wondering if anyone can plz post up a new link for the M6 mold pdo or message me with the location i can download it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back