Phauxelates's Mk. VI EVA Foam Build [Project Status: Done! New build thread link on my profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I spend the past few hours applying paper clay to the chest! I made sure that the front chest piece was connected to the back, since it bends a little when snapping the two pieces together. This way, it'll also hopefully hold its shape because of the clay filing empty spots and restricting it from bending back! Now enough talk, here are some progress photos!

IMG_20190407_203606.jpg IMG_20190407_203425.jpg IMG_20190407_203441.jpg

Now what's left for this stage is to add some modpodge to the clay to seal it, add a couple base coats of green followed by another coat of modpodge, and then do some black-washing magic to blend it in with the rest of the chest!

Ganna look sick when it's finished I can promise you that! :)

I'm back in business boys! Oohrah!

Ladies and Gents, the chest is finished! Not much to say here, so I'll just post the (final?) photos for this piece!

IMG_20190413_094024.jpgIMG_20190413_094000.jpgIMG_20190413_094420.jpgIMG_20190413_100339.jpg

I'd say that's a huge improvement from what it was:

BURST20190113144747710_COVER.jpg

Now I'm off on vacation, so I'll have to hault the progress for a week-ish but I'll still be active here! Cheers!

Edit: Added a comparison photo

Chest Progress.png

Attachments

• IMG_20190413_094042.jpg
    IMG_20190413_094042.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 293
  • IMG_20190413_094053.jpg
    IMG_20190413_094053.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 237
  • IMG_20190413_094101.jpg
    IMG_20190413_094101.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Hey Phauxelate, just curious, how long does it take you to gear up in your suit, start to finish?

If I'm doing it by myself, around 20 minutes. I live alone, so I had to build it so it's possible to put on alone. It'd likely take no more than 10ish minutes if I had someone to help.

The main consumer of the time is the strapping for the midriff. I'm planning on redoing it, because those nylon straps are too short, a pain to put on, and they could fall off after a while of usage. I'd put a picture of what the strapping looked like, but I'm out of state currently.

Once I redo the strapping for the midriff, I should be able to bring it down to 15mins. Granted I could get everything on in 10, but that'd be rushing it and I could risk forgetting to secure something, or break something.

Sorry for the long post, I just go way too much into detail :)

I've just been reading through this again, and I'd like to say I really enjoy your enthusiasm over this build. It's looking great. In the first pictures you mentioned people saying you looked like a child, and it's totally true
I giggled at the before picture because I dont know why, but It makes it look like you are a little kid (maybe 7) in a costume your dad made for Halloween. There's just no reference to base your size on and your posture makes you look small :)

And then you said this:

And it BLEW MY MIND!
HAHAHA just thought I'd let you know. This suit is awesome, though.

I've just been reading through this again, and I'd like to say I really enjoy your enthusiasm over this build. It's looking great. In the first pictures you mentioned people saying you looked like a child, and it's totally true

And then you said this:

And it BLEW MY MIND!
HAHAHA just thought I'd let you know. This suit is awesome, though.

Haha, yeah I do admit those photos make it look like I an 4-foot-short, but I'm glad I'm tall because nearly every Spartan is! It's beautiful for Spartan cosplay, as it'd look weird having a short Spartan run around in armor.

The build has made fantastic progress throughout the months, and coming back looking at these photos without my self-critic tinted glasses I'm pretty proud for how it looks. I feel it looks better than RandomRanger over here (Nothing like a little brotherly competition). Come on you pansy! Do better than me so I can top you again! :p

I'm still planning on 3D printing a whole new suit at some point, but I guess that can wait. I did just do a full build last month, and there's no rush. 3D printing a prop couldn't hurt though...

Just putting a post here to say I'm not dead! I've updated "The List" on the first post for things I've completed.

Work has started, so there's less time in the day to work on cosplay.... But I will get started on making things again soon! First thing I want to do is 3D print that weapon prop.

I'll be active here more since my classes are over, and I have time later in the day to relax and do whatever a Spartan man does.

I'll see you all in the threads. Cheers!

Just read through your entire thread. I've gotta say that I've seen a big improvement from when you started to where you are now. Great work! Keep at it! I'm looking forward to seeing that DMR made.

Thank you! I will say that a large portion of that improvement is learning how to hand paint with acrylics. It's difficult and time consuming, but is very versatile! At some point I'll try to get the DMR started. But for now, here's a couple of other 3D printed props I've made:

IMG_20190208_123159.jpg IMG_20180722_211555.jpg

Sure! Just depends onwwhen/how your gonna do it. I wouldn't say pick it up just to have it, but if you are gonna use it on your suit, go for it! Is that yaya han? There is a fabric that is printed, and one where the hexagons are raised out of the fabric

Sure! Just depends onwwhen/how your gonna do it. I wouldn't say pick it up just to have it, but if you are gonna use it on your suit, go for it! Is that yaya han? There is a fabric that is printed, and one where the hexagons are raised out of the fabric
Yes, it is Yaya hen!
IMG_20190622_151835.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back