Pony's Build Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAN Love the design of the Guantlets looks why easier then the ones I have now... I wish i discovered this alot sooner

Don't you have time to remake them in time for comic con? I think you have enough time to get two sets ready by then.

i would'nt suggest using cardboard to do that floating face, i used a foamie. cardboard seems too un-rigid and coarse.

Well, I have some thin cardboard that I'm going to use. After some more work on the main piece, it's going to get molded and finished up as the final product.

i wanted to make em too, but i didnt know how i would integrate detail into them.

You can use bondo or clay for the details., but before you do any of that you need to get the piece smoothed out and rounded out where it should be before you start detailing.

===============================================================

Sadly, I don't have any updates for you guys. Maybe I can show you guys the Rogue helmet I'm building for my dad if you want?

-Pony

Well, I finally got some progress done even though it aint much.

I decided to go on a hunt to find the perfect shade of grey for my ODST pistol. The good news is, it's gunmetal grey. The bad news is that it is a metallic gunmetal grey.

Below are the two paint schemes followed by the third and final paint job.

1st one

DSC00533.jpg

2nd one(sorry for the blurry-ness)

gallery_6532_1859_1220759.jpg

Final

gallery_6532_1859_2207.jpg

It's not toally finshed yet. I still need to buy a new black paint, red, and orange(I don't want to get in trouble with the Po Po, lol)

I'll try to get more stuff done for you guys to check out.

Until next time...maybe :p

-Pony

looks real cool bro! i love that gun...nuff said hahaha

Haha! Thanks buddy! Some of the spots on the gun were kinda hard to paint, but I got it!

Which reminds me, You'll be getting a PM from me in the morning, so stay on your toes trooper.

-Pony

Hello everyone!

I was too busy to get the visor cut out, but now I had some free time today and I got my ass to work!

gallery_6532_2311_3617.jpg

gallery_6532_2311_53381.jpg

Now it still needs some light sanding around the visor area, but that's easy to do.

What I really want to do right now is dremmel in all of the line details that were shown in the reference pics, but before I do that I must mark the areas that are going to be cut.

So for now enjoy the pics even though the helmet is still in it's raw state.

I'll be adding more build pics as well as other projects that I have going on so stay tuned people!

-Pony

Dude... Pony.

I'm totally geekin' out over that reach helmet! I must know how you made that thing, and will you be poppin out copies to sell off to us lazy bonzez...

lol, quartermain, you just made my day. Pony, as far as the jigsaw blade, mark the lines you want to cut, then I use double sided tape to mark off the area I want to cut (you can see it in the Reach LT Wip on the thighs). I leave just enough space for the width of the blade. Then just cut the line until its the depth you want. Keeps the line nice and straight. Pretty simple too.

I must know how you made that thing, and will you be poppin out copies to sell off to us lazy bonzez...

I don't know if that a joke or if you were being serious.

Either way I will tell you this. I would never want to replicate other people's work. I don't want to be a scumbag recaster!

Pony, as far as the jigsaw blade, mark the lines you want to cut, then I use double sided tape to mark off the area I want to cut (you can see it in the Reach LT Wip on the thighs). I leave just enough space for the width of the blade. Then just cut the line until its the depth you want. Keeps the line nice and straight. Pretty simple too.

I'll check out your WIP thread later on today. The good thing is that I have both a blade and some masking tape lying around! Unfortunately, I won't be able to work on it this week. I got hit with a bloody cold!

I HATE BEING A SICK PONY!!

-Pony

I am pretty sure Quartermain was serious. I know you wouldn't recast! Thats one of many reasons you got it in the first place!! As far as tape, I use double sided tape because it is thicker and will actually lock your blade along the line.

This might save you some time

Before:

IMG_5666.jpg

After:

IMG_5667.jpg

for the Quartemain part< he probably thought it was originally made by ACDC. lol, we all make mistakes. :p

@ACDC: Looking great there, and jealous of the new Reach helmet! :D

Yes, indeed... I was being serious, but based on the reaction, it appears that I did too much skimming and not enough reading. I looked for a refrence to the origins of the helmet, as it looked like a casting, but couldn't find anyhting (because of all of the skimming), hence the foolish question. Didn't mean to imply that you were willing to recast, dude.

With all of this in mind, I have ceased the geeking out over your helmet; therefore I will recast my original question.

*ahem!* Dude, that helmet rocks! Who'd you get it from, so that I might acquire one for myself?

Shade... thank you for giving me the benifit of the doubt. Thought I had unwittingly made myself a couple of enemies for a second there. :eek

Brandon... you're a genious. Now I know your secret MUAAHAAHAAHAHAAAAA!!!

You seem to be working a lot faster than me on your armor. Luckily school is letting out in 7 days (not including a two day weekend) and I will be able to pick up the pace and finish my Marine armor. Also If you want battle damage on your pistol, I was thinking that you could paint black over that and hand sand some of the Black off to reveal the metallic paint. If i'm right it will look like scratches in the paint revealing metal underneath. Anyway good luck with you builds and rock on. :cool

You seem to be working a lot faster than me on your armor.

Dude, trust me, I have been busy ALOT lately! I'm actually lucky to be even working on anything right now!

Also If you want battle damage on your pistol, I was thinking that you could paint black over that and hand sand some of the Black off to reveal the metallic paint.

Nah, it's ok. I'm going for that fresh out of the weapons depot look :)

Anyway good luck with you builds and rock on.

Thank you and will do! I play several times a day to keep myself from getting rusty!

Now, onto a verbal update.

I know you guys have seen alot of Halo related stuff in thread, but I'm going to take a slight detour from this and so you guys a suit that I'm working on for a buddy.

Pics will be up in a day or two since I'm not at my casa(Home).

-Pony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back