Pooper's High Detailed Mvi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The added details on that torso are a very nice touch. It makes it unique. I myself like adding more stuff and adding details. I actually want to add lights on my busa helmet, but there doesn't seem to actually be lights on the helmet, but I think it will look cool. :)

I would like to see this torso piece finished. I bet it will look fabulous when it's done! lol

Wow I just read this whole thread start to finish. Nice work! I'm trying to get my suit done b4 halloween. Thanks for the inpiration!

Damn fine job on the torso details, dude! I love all the different levels you've added to them. Adds a nice amount of visual depth to the piece, makes it really stand out :)

That's actually the same HD model mine is based on (bought it pre-built and partially resined/fiberglassed from another member here), but came without any of the details for the collar area or back. As such, I've been trying to design those details myself, but they're not looking the way I want them to.

If it's alright with you, could I use your WiP pics on the last page as a reference for adding those details to my own? :unsure

I'd second that! What a piece of work that is. It will definately be a very useful reference for adding the same onto mine :cool

SoullessSin said:
Pooper I command you to get better and finish your torso!

Lol jk

LOL I hear ya, I'm feeling much better now. :D

HaloGoddess said:
The added details on that torso are a very nice touch. It makes it unique. I myself like adding more stuff and adding details. I actually want to add lights on my busa helmet, but there doesn't seem to actually be lights on the helmet, but I think it will look cool. :)

I would like to see this torso piece finished. I bet it will look fabulous when it's done! lol

Thanks HaloGoddess! I thought about adding lights to the Hayabusa as well, when I get to making it. The torso is almost done, I'll post pics asap. Also, I like your avatar... I'm an artist myself, and I think it looks pretty cool! :)

Dan W. said:
Wow I just read this whole thread start to finish. Nice work! I'm trying to get my suit done b4 halloween. Thanks for the inpiration!

Thanks for the kind comments bud!

SPARTAN II said:
Damn fine job on the torso details, dude! I love all the different levels you've added to them. Adds a nice amount of visual depth to the piece, makes it really stand out :)

That's actually the same HD model mine is based on (bought it pre-built and partially resined/fiberglassed from another member here), but came without any of the details for the collar area or back. As such, I've been trying to design those details myself, but they're not looking the way I want them to.

If it's alright with you, could I use your WiP pics on the last page as a reference for adding those details to my own? :unsure

Hey, thanks bud! :) It was a real challenge to make the torso right... and yes, you can use my photos for reference. :)

SoullessSin said:
I think that poopers torso is the spitting image for adding floating details

lol ya don't say? Thanks soulless :D

SPARTAN II said:
I'd second that! What a piece of work that is. It will definately be a very useful reference for adding the same onto mine :cool

Again, thanks for the kind words Elvis (hope I got your name right.)

Sorry for not repying/posting as often folks, but I've been busy. The torso is already glassed and bondo. I just need to add spot putty sand some more (my arms are about to fall out with all this hand sanding...) and hopefully I can get some batties for my camera.

Again, thanks for the kind words everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
pooper said:
[...]

Hey, thanks bud! :) It was a real challenge to make the torso right... and yes, you can use my photos for reference. :)

[...]

Again, thanks for the kind words Elvis (hope I got your name right.)

Sorry for not repying/posting as often folks, but I've been busy. The torso is already glassed and bondo. I just need to add spot putty sand some more (my arms are about to fall out with all this hand sanding...) and hopefully I can get some batties for my camera.

Again, thanks for the kind words everyone!

BOLD # 1: Awesome! Thanks much, buddy. It's greatly appreciated. Those will help tons with detailing my armour :D

BOLD # 2: No problem. After all, quality work like yours deserves proper recognition. And yes, you got my name right ;) lol

Looking forward to seeing some more WiP pics. Like SoulessSin said, get some batteries already :p

So, um... I was just wondering... got any batteries yet? Wouldn't mind seeing more of this awesomeness (not to rush you or anything buddy, lol) :) heh

Sorry folks, but I didn't have a chance to upload photos... :( But I've got the batteries and have taken so pics, but I can't upload until Sunday or Monday (don't have Internet at home.)

but it's been raining here and have been down playing my time to get it done.

Well, on another note, I've got good news, bad news, and then somewhat good news. First the good news... Torso is done and ready for paint! Bad news? It doesn't fit... D*** IT!!!!! I scaled it the same size as my old torso. The difference is that the hot glue on my old torso makes it flexible (homemade Flex-It-Foam huh? ) and it can flex and wrap around my body. This new one is made of fiberglass and bondo putty, so no flexing. It's at a good size, it just doesn't fit around the open part around the ribs/abs. Yes, I was very pissed, and don't want to make a new one. Sooooo for the somewhat good news.... I trimmed the outer edges off with my dremel, until it fits. This took some of the details off around the ab area, but not much. It fits good, but there's hardly any room for the ab plate. So the torso will connect good on the top area close to the shoulders, but the sides? not so much with the ab plate on. My old armor never really connected much on the sides either... So I added extensions on the side pieces using hot glue to reinforce it. This way, it can bend and flex into the sides of the Chest piece. So just in case I get a pot belly (hopefully not) I can adjust it up and down to fit.

It's still completely moldable and it works good so far. Sorry for the lack of photos folks, but I promise to have some up ASAP to show you all what I mean.

Now I'm trying to find the best method to strap the front chest torso piece to the back torso piece (on the top near the shoulders). I thought about magnets, but that won't work with my side extensions. I'm looking for the best (and easiest) way to use straps and those bracket clamps.

I'm open for suggestions.

Awwwww... no more pics? :(

It's all good, buddy. I know what it's like not having internet access sometimes (like when I'm over at the gf's place, lol) so I understand ;)

Kinda sucks you ran into that problem with the new chest armour, but I'm glad to hear you were able to come up with a quick "fix" for it. Sounds like it should work just fine, so long as you don't add on a few pounds :p

As for the strapping dilemma, I'm afraid I'd have no idea how to go about that. If you've seen my WiP thread at all, you'll see I'm nowhere near that stage of my build :rolleyes

@ Spartan II: yeah, having no internet sucks.. and sorry for no photos bud, but I promise to have new photos soon! As for the strapping I'm sure I'll figure something out. I mean, I have too. I needs to be ready for Dragon Con.

@ Soulless: lol sorry soulless, but this one stays with me :pat least until I get it molded.

pooper said:
@ Spartan II: yeah, having no internet sucks.. and sorry for no photos bud, but I promise to have new photos soon! As for the strapping I'm sure I'll figure something out. I mean, I have too. I needs to be ready for Dragon Con.

@ Soulless: lol sorry soulless, but this one stays with me :pat least until I get it molded.

No worries, buddy. The pics you already posted here will be a great help in me detailing my chest armour. So, all's good :D

And good luck getting the strapping done in time for DC. That's this weekend, isn't it? :unsure

Hmm Mold worthy I see? I can see this happeneing. Maybe in the near future, armor can be rated as Pooper "Elite" Apporoved :p

EDIT: Hey I didn't know what pic to use, so I used two of em :D But if you want me to take pic down with your real face, let me know. The power of photoshop is awesome!!!

Lol wait I resized em. These are better. (Use to be a bit bigger)

PooperSeal2.jpg

@ Soulless: Lol I like the first one, and yeah, if you don't mind the one with my face please take that one off. I don't want everyone getting jealous of how gorgeous I am :p(jk folks!)

Looks like I'm going to have to make my own now :p

UPDATE TIME! (sorry for double post)

Okay, so I have a lot of pics to post, but hopefully you all will like em. I still have to do a little bit more weather with the silver in the black areas, but here they are...

Primer

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

Added extensions because it was a little to small...

IMG_0354.jpg

Here it shows that I can adjust the sides to fit folks that are bigger/smaller than me by shifting it up or down on the side pieces

IMG_0362.jpg

Painted

IMG_0359.jpg

Blackwashed weathering

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

Me wearing it (I know I'm looking rough, but it's been a long weekend of working on this thing in time for D*con)

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

With Helmet

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

And that's that. I've already added straps since I took these photos... Also, here's the Cod Piece

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

Man, I've been busy! The Cod piece is already glassed and I'm going to bondo and primer it today. I hope I can get it done in time for D*con. Tell me what you all think! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back