Pooper's New Odst Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooper

Hey everyone, how's it going? Well, armor projects have been slow for me... with working things out for my new job promotion (I'm now Art Director for Augusta City Magazine), weather, and taking care of my Girlfriend and kid, it was hard to find the time to get things done. But hey! Everything has worked out great, and now it's time to get back at it!

Just wanted to show you all what I have been working one besides my new MVI (updates in that thread later). After seeing Sean, Link and Team Win's ODST suit's at Dragon Con, I caught some of the ODST fever. Soon I saw Sean providing suit kits for us fellow members, so I started to get cranking on my own ODST helmet to go with his suit kit. I love Sean and Rube's helmet, so I decided to make a cross between the two, by using Rundown's Rookie model and making custom pep/cardboard/floating faces details based off of Rube's helmet...

I'm really pleased with the results so far... please keep in mind that this helmet is not done yet. Still have to add headliner fabric on the inside and some more paint details.

Sorry for low quality pics... had to use my camera phone.

Pep

AttachmentPreviewdocumentA.jpg

My Bondo skills are okay at best, but I was fine with the way it turned out.

AttachmentPreviewdocument3.jpg

AttachmentPreviewdocument4.jpg

AttachmentPreviewdocument5.jpg

AttachmentPreviewdocument6.jpg

Applied a silver base coat

AttachmentPreviewdocument7.jpg

Applied the color and weathering details

AttachmentPreviewdocument8.jpg

AttachmentPreviewdocument9.jpg

AttachmentPreviewdocument10.jpg

I started to add some more color on to the helmet, like the black around the visor and the stripe. Still need to do the black on the back on the helmet. I decided to go with a black stripe on my Helmet, like I have on my ODST in the game.

AttachmentPreviewdocument11.jpg

AttachmentPreviewdocument12.jpg

AttachmentPreviewdocument13.jpg

Added in a Link ODST visor

AttachmentPreviewdocument14.jpg

Me wearing the helmet

AttachmentPreviewdocument15.jpg

AttachmentPreviewdocument16.jpg

And that's what I have so far! It's almost finished... just a few more things here and there. So now, I'm waiting of Sean's awesome suit kit to arrive, which he is working really hard on.

I like the way this helmet us turning out... And I'd like to give a special thanks to Sean, Link, Goosebot for all the helpful tips that you gave me. I don't think the helmet would have looked this good without your advice. And many thanks to MrOreo, Soullesssin, Jedistumpy, Spartan II, Macattack, jlhR2, Mr. Bungle and even Rube for the helpful hints and motivation to get this done. All you guys are great! If I missed anybody, I apologize. :p

As always, I love to read your comments. Thanks! :)

EDIT: Rundown, thanks for creating such an awesome model!

Looks great pooper!! I'm anxious to see what the rest of the suit is going to look.

Quick question: Is that one of link's or sean's visors?

mks81 said:
Looks great pooper!! I'm anxious to see what the rest of the suit is going to look.

Quick question: Is that one of link's or sean's visors?

Thanks bud! And yeah, it's a Link ODST visor.

Last edited by a moderator:
holy cow! wow that is amazing! me and my friends are almost done with ours. i havent been on in ages and i have to show you my odst armour! that is impresiv.

feet first into hell!

Thanks for the comments everyone! Yeah, I'll be posting my SB Suit Kit when it arrives... I can't wait! :D

Adam Anderson said:
Lookin good and I have one of links visors also, I think it shouldn't shoudent show as much light through, though

Yeah, I thought that too... but I think it's because of the way the bright lights were hitting the visor, or how the room was lit is why you can see my face. But hey, even the WETA ODST visor you can see through it...

DSC_5626.jpg

Mister Adam Grumbo ladies and gentleman!

but yeah, I'll take some pictures outside with me wearing it to see if any of the light will shine through... It is a GREAT visor though!

Nobody said:
Wow! Looks Great, what color gray did you use for the main color?

Thanks! The color I used is DupliColor Gunmetal Gray, then weathered/black washed with Flat Black acrylic paint (Ithica's black washing method).

pooper said:
Thanks! The color I used is DupliColor Gunmetal Gray, then weathered/black washed with Flat Black acrylic paint (Ithica's black washing method).

Thanks

Looking great there buddy! Like the paint as well!

DO you have any wip pics of how you did the back details? Would like to know more on how you did those?

Can't wait to see you in some armor!!

Keep in touch!

pooper said:
[...]

Me wearing the helmet

AttachmentPreviewdocument16.jpg

And that's what I have so far! It's almost finished... just a few more things here and there. So now, I'm waiting of Sean's awesome suit kit to arrive, which he is working really hard on.

I like the way this helmet us turning out... And I'd like to give a special thanks to Sean, Link, Goosebot for all the helpful tips that you gave me. I don't think the helmet would have looked this good without your advice. And many thanks to MrOreo, Soullesssin, Jedistumpy, Spartan II, Macattack, jlhR2, Mr. Bungle and even Rube for the helpful hints and motivation to get this done. All you guys are great! If I missed anybody, I apologize. :p

As always, I love to read your comments. Thanks! :)

EDIT: Rundown, thanks for creating such an awesome model!

I think this needs to be said:

sealSpartanII.jpg

You're welcome for the helpful hints and motivation, buddy. It'd be a shame for craftsmanship like this to go unfinished, after all ;)

Looking downright awesome, btw. I love the weathering you added to it. And thanks for posting the base colour you used. When I manage to get my hands on one, I think I'll use the same.

Although, instead of applying a black stripe to mine, I'll go with a dark red/maroon stripe. I think the Gunmetal Grey and Maroon would be a good contrast :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back