POST QUESTIONS IN HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack said:
sorry to double post but if you are adding layers of fiberglass do you you resin each layer or jut put layers on top of each other than resin them? Sorry with all the questions but I want to get this right.

Answer please.

Last edited by a moderator:
would this visor fit right in a pep helm?

Manufacturer: HJC
Model Name: HJC REPLACEMENT RST IRIDIUM SHIELD
Color: RST IRIDIUM GOLD
Size: FITS ALL HJC CL-12, AC-10, SYMAX, FG-12, CS-12 HELMETS

i know thats a popular company for these things but the "size" lists different model helmets

one question about the resining. how much does spray glue cost and were do i get it? and is there an alternative way to putting the fiberglass on.

-UPDATE-

Sorry for my absence, my school's going haywire and I'm running prox. 5 weeks behind 0.0

I went through this thread 3 times, and so far all the questions have been answered in the first post.

Is the resin and fiberglass waterproof and im about 5'8" should the Helmet fit good if its not scaled?

Zama said:
Is the resin and fiberglass waterproof and im about 5'8" should the Helmet fit good if its not scaled?

The helmet, after it's finished being resined and fiberglassed, is 100% waterproof ^^. About scaling, it depends on who's helmet you're using. But most of them are scaled to fit the actual MC, and he's 7 feet tall btw. So definitely not, you have to scale the helmet, if you don't you will look like a bobblehead.

*QUESTION FOR ALL*
The first post is getting really long, and I need to sort them out into smaller categories. I thought of having multiple posts one right after another, with each one having a different subject, (i.e. one being about resining questions, another about fiberglassing, bondo, etc.) and I want them to be on the first page. But I can’t create posts at the beginning of the thread. Do I start another thread with these extra categories?

Suggestions please.

What do I use to spray paint the visor. I am using clear plastic, and I heard that there is a Testors spraypaint in transparent gold. That way I can see out, but no one can see in. Do you know what this is about?

-VF

Viperfox said:
What do I use to spray paint the visor. I am using clear plastic, and I heard that there is a Testors spraypaint in transparent gold. That way I can see out, but no one can see in. Do you know what this is about?

-VF

-BUMP-

It's a tinting spray, it's specificaly designed to spray things like this. Try going to Canadian Tire or any autoshop.

Those are really bad, they come out looking clumpy and not smooth, plus you can only see 10-15 feet infront of you, while using a real visor, you can see as far as you can with your own eyes.

I am planing on making a marine pep since i finally found working files but many of the pieces have very little support and would probably warp during fiberglassing and resining, is there a good way to fix this?

AoBfrost said:
Those are really bad, they come out looking clumpy and not smooth, plus you can only see 10-15 feet infront of you, while using a real visor, you can see as far as you can with your own eyes.

He knows that. He just want a really cheap alternative.

*QUESTION FOR ALL*
The first post is getting really long, and I need to sort them out into smaller categories. I thought of having multiple posts one right after another, with each one having a different subject, (i.e. one being about resining questions, another about fiberglassing, bondo, etc.) and I want them to be on the first page. But I can’t create posts at the beginning of the thread. Do I start another thread with these extra categories?

Suggestions please.

If you edited your original post to ask a question then I doubt others will read it, better to just make a thread for fiberglass/resin/bondo

neopezz said:
I am planing on making a marine pep since i finally found working files but many of the pieces have very little support and would probably warp during fiberglassing and resining, is there a good way to fix this?

Reinforce the weak pieces with carboard.

im using the halo 2 helmet on the peparuka tutorial that is stickied and it doesnt have some of the details that your helmet has, is it possible to add them or should i just do the halo 3 one?

Major Malfunction said:
im using the halo 2 helmet on the peparuka tutorial that is stickied and it doesnt have some of the details that your helmet has, is it possible to add them or should i just do the halo 3 one?

Go for the H3 ones, the folding might be harder than the H2 but you don't have to do as much when you bondo it.

hey is it ok if theres small holes in my helmet like this? Cause I REALLY dont want to redo it

[attachment=1188:IMG_2875.JPG]

Ok im having trouble here determining where i should put fiberglass. becuase in the FAq it says to never ever do this. Put in a Fiberglassing tutorial that is pinned it says and shows putting fiberglass on the outside. What do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back