Posting Youtube Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

23Magnum

Well the update has caused a bit of turmoil for some of us using Internet Explorer to browse the site. Especially pertaining to YouTube videos for some odd reason. I believe I have worked out the issue and have rewritten this small tutorial to hopefully help out those wondering what to do.

First, if you ARE using IE, update to version 8. This will not only help with this problem but it seems to load the pages of this forum much faster.

(Video borrowed from Adam's Mold Making Tutorial)

Anyway, when posting a YouTube Video the code used to have to look like this...

Code:
[video]47Y8GW3AW7c[/video]

...which now gives you this...

Now it seems that this is the code you need for YouTube videos to display properly. (You can also use 'youtube' in place of 'media' as demonstrated below)

Code:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Y8GW3AW7c[/media]

(Notice that you need the entire link now instead of just what is after the equal sign in the address)

...the code now works as you can see here...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Y8GW3AW7c[/video]

Much of the code work is taken care of now with the media button. Just make sure to use the entire link now instead of just the partial for youtube videos.

Also, the embed code from YouTube still does not work on the forums.

^^^See^^^

Another note: It seems you can only post so many video codes per post.

Hope this helps,

Magnum

Last edited by a moderator:
<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'>[video]47Y8GW3AW7c[/video]</div>
You can write it like that by putting the code in between code brackets,
Code:
It makes it easier because you don't have to say "Without the *'s".

QUOTE(Robogenisis @ Jan 11 2008, 08:54 PM)

Code:

You can write it like that by putting the code in between code brackets,
Code:

It makes it easier because you don't have to say "Without the *'s".

I would like to say thank you very much to the 405th membership for helping me and my club make Halo for our 2010 show this past New Years night in Philadelphia. We work the entire year making the Halo costumes and the members at 405th had a ton of information and video's on how to make paper costumes into armor.The South Philly Vikings won the 2010 top prize and are now the champs with a big thank you to 405th board.

Please click on this link and enjoy an outstanding production from the 2010 champs:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using chrome and it doesn't work for me either. To see those vids, I've got to copy the link from where the vid should be located in these forums. But it doesn't really matter that much to me, only that there's a bug to be fixed. :3
This thread was really helpful and gives imo a big hand for beginners like me (atm) in 405th forums. Job well done, so to say :D

claps: Yay I hope people read this :) You've laid it out easy here. No more white boxes!
mating4.jpg

mating2.jpg

mating3.jpg

I like great forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back