Prepare To Drop - Halo 3 Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpArtan-270 said:
Awesome! I think's its pretty cool that you get to play as an ODST for a change. However, since this game takes place before the Covenant schism doesn't that mean you would be going up against elites too? Either way this game looks epic win. ODSTS ftw. :D

I have been wondering that as well. But there is a few things you have to put together with how this comes together with halo 3 as well. I personally think that Earth had to have more Covy attack to support more ground fighting that occurred. As well Split forces over two fields. Earth and Delta Halo. I think that the Brute force was sent to attack Earth shortly after Regret Screwed up. After his Premature arrival and the short conflict on Earth .. or as they thought it was rapping up. They pulled out and Jumped to Delta halo. Making it much more Dig team with Scarbs and the Fleet ships you see in the distance on Halo 3, Tsavo Highway.

So in all I think that the Brutes will play a big roll in halo 3. As well for a finish kicker on the Elites and Brutes. Do you really think that the brutes didn't just simply kill the Elites when they got the chance? Backstabbing Possibly?

ONE of my biggest questions are about the new cover. I keep looking past the ODST and I think its close to base we see At VOI. I mean its many many hours before MasterChief and his team arrive. But I think that it could be a very interesting thing to learn about what happened there be fore Masterchief arrived.

Second, I think that the Plot will start before he drops. Giving alittle into maybe a bit like Halo 1. Maybe talking to Lord Hood or an ONI officer about the jump and what he is about to do.

I think that the actions people saw in the Believe trailer will happen as well. I mean Getting to crater seems to fit the entire idea of the believe Trailer. A last chancer Blitz to the Crater. Seems like a really interesting section of campaign to cover and It would only be that one level... Just it would be a very Bloody Section.

I also consider that the plot ends about the during the halo 3 Trailer for the first Halo 3. With the bright Flash. It would be that He causes the Portal to open. Or something to that sort.

Summary- I think that it will be 3-4 Levels where your going from The Drop to Crater. And I think that there will be Rain for the first time in halo...and IT Should look awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
i finally got the hd QT version n ive been going through it frame by frame and there's a good few things you don't notice right away:
anyone else see the 10 or so parachutes in the background when he's looking at the red flashing sign?

oh and cuza the hd-ness i got a bit more work done:
smgtest3tn.jpg

and yea, its just an smg in the trayler. its got a scope, an extra mag on the side, a large sound suppresser, a small flashlight with a little red light on the side to the left of the sound suppresser with a wire going up to just under the scope and when he pulls on the back of the gun hes actualy extending the stock a bit more and not loading a bullet into the chamber. i still havnt spotted the handle for loading the chamber (dont get it mixed up with the quick release on the scope), if you spot it let me know plz. :)

oh dont worry, its guna be a pep file. i just wanna make it super hd first.

heh, in the vid fro one frame at 1.17 it tags the drop pod with "POSS. PARKING VIOLATION" and it points out bits in the rubble saying "RECYCLING, DO YOUR PART"

also, at 1.20 the SI's face thingy appears on the monitor to the left along with a few messages like "INCASE OF FIRE", "CONSTRUCTION ZONE", "PROCEED WITH CAUTION", "KEEP OLD (and some long word i cant make out)" and just as the covenant ship's light appears the sign says "TURN OF LIGHTS (and something i cant make out that looks like 'PRIOA'), then just before every thing turns off it has his little angry face with the words "DISP. SHUTDOWN"

there's a few other smaller things like where it notes a time anomaly near the start and fixes it. it was probably caused by the slip space jump.

but those 12 parachutes near the end are definitely something. i wonder if its other team mates or some poor buggers you'll have to rescue.

"Anyone else see the 10 or so parachutes in the background when he's looking at the red flashing sign?"

OMG your right... What they could be are really interesting. I'll think about it..and have a reply later about it.

another quick thing to note is that when the camera zooms in to show the 16 pods diverting from the rest down low it says AUTH. INQ. which looks like it means its checking if it has the authority to find out why their diverted. then a few frames later it says AUTH. NEGITIVE.

now, we know the SI was involved in diverting the team so the fact that this AI doesn't know and isnt aloud find out means . . . .

also when the A.I. trys to search the UNSC data bases, after exhausting the N.M.P.D. to try find out what the vechicle might be, what looks to be an ONI A.I. cancels the search which annoys the a.I.

they should do what they did in medal of honor airborne where you control your parachute or in this case drop pod and can land anywhere you want within a certain battle area and have dynamic controls etc...

Master_Chief_13 said:
they should do what they did in medal of honor airborne where you control your parachute or in this case drop pod and can land anywhere you want within a certain battle area and have dynamic controls etc...

The ODST has already landed. So your idea is invalid.

;)

Well in the halo 2 trailer was jumping out of the cairo station, and the game demo was on new monbaza so I imagine that you could have the plot start pre jump..but selecting where you land doesn't seem very possible..due to the fact that the drop team gets hit with the Shock wave in the Trailer... So it could happen but I think its going to be set up to have close or similar drop spots..maybe in Co-op they land in different places and have to link up. At least that would be interesting.

parachutes? wow that's interesting... I bet they will play a big part in the game aswell.

I doubt you'll 'drop' more than once in this game. I'm guessing most of the story will be based around the escape from new mombasa (kind of like HL2: Ep1 was based around the escape from City 17).

New Info

At least 1 new weapon in Recon

The Hero is unknown (in no games or books)

New version of the Halo 3 graphic engine

New Soundtrack

Will be somekind of night vision

No map editors or bots in multiplayer

No remake of Chiron TL34 in the Mythic Pack (Could be in another pack)

No new armors with the game. You won't have Recon.

LastSpartan said:
New Info

New Soundtrack

dang, i was gonna put this up. oh, and (no map editors) doesnt mean that forge is gone, its still there, just not uber-moded or anything.

LastSpartan said:
New Info

New Soundtrack

This is the last Halo project Bungie is making besides the Mythic maps, so the Mythic Map Pack will be the last DLC maps for Halo 3/Recon.

Also, it is the same engine as Halo 3, so that it can support the Mythic maps. The engine is completely unchanged, unless they are literally making the maps twice from the ground up, which would be completely useless.

LastSpartan said:
Well it's an updated version.

Maybe the multiplayer maps will stay the same, simply the campain mode'll be better.

The game must run off a single engine. If the maps are the same exact thing in both games, it must be the same game engine.

Does your car have two engines?

Anywho, the game's features may be changed, but the game engine will be the exact same. The game will present a lot of changes in the campaign and weapons/HUD in it, but the engine and multiplayer will stay exactly the same as they have.

It wouldn't feel like Halo 3 if it wasn't the Halo 3 engine, would it?

Graverobber said:
is there anyone that could make me a Gif avatar of 1:42 to 1:51 from the trailer? it starts as the camera spinning around the ODST and ends when you see the front view of him lowering his weapon. i would REALLY apreciate it if someone could.

I made one. :) feel free to post.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x3/zomb...ODSTGIF-new.gif

ODSTGIF-new.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back