Progress At Last! Kind Of :$

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, that helmet is nice, I'm glad that you was able to salvage it from fiberglassing the outside. A sanding bit on a drimmel tool will come in handy in the tighter corners.

Lord of Midgard said:
wow, that helmet is nice, I'm glad that you was able to salvage it from fiberglassing the outside. A sanding bit on a drimmel tool will come in handy in the tighter corners.

lol! thanks you make it sound like fg'in the outside went disasterously! the weather is good here though so i should be able to get more done today! also, of course i'm going to dremmel it, how else would i do the details?

Last edited by a moderator:
SpartanG said:
lol! thanks you make it sound like fg'in the outside went disasterously! the weather is good here though so i should be able to get more done today! also, of course i'm going to dremmel it, how else would i do the details?

with a fingernail file :lol: sorry, i had a long day yesterday. and with all of the advice against FBing the outside of the models and yours being the only example of it being done, I was curious how it would turn out.

Last edited by a moderator:
its actually worked REALLY well, i'm genuinely surprised myself, i knocked it off my work bench earlier when i was filling the pock marks, and the damn thing didnt even chip! i was amazed! it was a good 4 and a half foot drop onto concrete too!

Hi guys, sorry for my piss poor updating on here, but i've moved to london this summer and i've had limited access to workshop facilities, so i've only been doing work on the rare occasions that i've been home! So i thought i'd update this in the run up to me going back to wales for the weekend, with work i have done a over my last few visits, mostly just helmet work, aside from the few pock marks that i'm going to fill and sand this weekend, i have polished my helmet to an almost sensual smoothness. pun not intended :D the blue marks are just guides to remind me what needs filling, shaping or sanding still!

myarmourwip026-1.jpg

myarmourwip020-1.jpg

myarmourwip021-1.jpg

myarmourwip022-1.jpg

myarmourwip023-1.jpg

myarmourwip024-1.jpg

myarmourwip017-1.jpg

myarmourwip016-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back