Project Cloverfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did some research on the websites that link to the 1-18-08 movie or Project Cloverfield

ok on the Site Slusho.JP it says something about the ingredient being something for the smallest whales in the world. With the help of some research i found out that the smallest what in the world is the Pygmy sperm whale. Now i might have an theory of what the main ingredient for slusho's slushes is:

"Like its giant cousin, the sperm whale, the pygmy sperm whale has a spermaceti organ in its forehead (see Sperm Whale for a discussion of its purpose). It also has a sac in its intestines that contains a dark red fluid. The whale will expel this fluid when frightened. Its purpose is believed to be to confuse and disorient predators."
-wikipedia.
That Special ingredient might be what they are injecting into that woman and could be what the "monster" is looking for. Now Remember this is just a theory :/

Sites that link to the Cloverfield Movie:
-Slusho.jp
-Tagruato.jp

Spartan_D32 said:
i did some research on the websites that link to the 1-18-08 movie or Project Cloverfield

ok on the Site Slusho.JP it says something about the ingredient being something for the smallest whales in the world. With the help of some research i found out that the smallest what in the world is the Pygmy sperm whale. Now i might have an theory of what the main ingredient for slusho's slushes is:

"Like its giant cousin, the sperm whale, the pygmy sperm whale has a spermaceti organ in its forehead (see Sperm Whale for a discussion of its purpose). It also has a sac in its intestines that contains a dark red fluid. The whale will expel this fluid when frightened. Its purpose is believed to be to confuse and disorient predators."
-wikipedia.
That Special ingredient might be what they are injecting into that woman and could be what the "monster" is looking for. Now Remember this is just a theory :/

Sites that link to the Cloverfield Movie:
-Slusho.jp
-Tagruato.jp

Good work. I like the theory by the way. It's very possible and realistic(towards the movie anyway).

You are right about the sites. Those are the only two that are legit promotional sites for the movie, from the people making the movie. Tagruato is supposed to be the Japanese company that makes the Slusho drink, I think.

I can hardly wait till this movie comes out. I think this movie is going to break a huge record come opening day. I better reserve tickets now, haha!

-Magnum

PS - There is significance to the opening day. Do a search on Wiki for January 18th.

Last edited by a moderator:
23Magnum said:
Good work. I like the theory by the way. It's very possible and realistic(towards the movie anyway).

You are right about the sites. Those are the only two that are legit promotional sites for the movie, from the people making the movie. Tagruato is supposed to be the Japanese company that makes the Slusho drink, I think.

I can hardly wait till this movie comes out. I think this movie is going to break a huge record come opening day. I better reserve tickets now, haha!

-Magnum

PS - There is significance to the opening day. Do a search on Wiki for January 18th.
Thanks i did my best. Yea i think its possible for it to be that way.

As for the sites i found them on wiki then started my research.

I know this movie looks so cool. and ill do a search right away :)

okay the search results:
looks like 1-18 is when alot of disaster's happened

# 2007 - The strongest storm in the UK for 17 years kills 14 people, Germany sees the worst storm since 1999 with 13 deaths. Hurricane Kyrill, caused at least 44 deaths across 20 countries in Western Europe. Other losses include the Container Ship MSC Napoli destroyed by the storm of the coast of Devon, England.

2003 - A bushfire kills 4 people and destroys more than 500 homes in Canberra, Australia.

1977 - Australia's worst rail disaster occurs at Granville, Sydney killing 83.

1969 - United Airlines Flight 266 crashes into Santa Monica Bay resulting in the loss of all 32 passengers and six crewmembers.

Also a good find:
1964 - Plans are revealed for the World Trade Center in New York City.

Second edit:
Viral tie-ins

Puzzle websites containing Lovecraftian elements, such as Ethan Haas Was Right, were originally reported to be connected to the film. On July 9, 2007, producer J. J. Abrams stated that, while a number of websites were being developed to market the film, the only official site that had been found was 1-18-08.com. At the site, a collection of time-coded photos are provided to visitors to piece together a series of events and interpret their meanings.

As part of the viral marketing campaign, the drink Slusho! has served as a tie-in. The drink had previously appeared in producer Abrams' previous creation, the TV series Alias. Viral websites for Slusho! and a Japanese drilling company were launched to add to the mythology of Cloverfield. When Cloverfield was hosted at Comic-Con 2007, gray Slusho! t-shirts were distributed to attendees. Producer Bryan Burk explained the viral tie-in, "[It] was all done in conjunction with the studio... The whole experience in making this movie is very reminiscent how we did Lost." Director Matt Reeves described Slusho! as "part of the involved connectivity" with Abrams' Alias and that the drink represented a "meta-story" for Cloverfield. The director explained, "It's almost like tentacles that grow out of the film and lead, also, to the ideas in the film. And there's this weird way where you can go see the movie and it's one experience... But there's also this other place where you can get engaged where there's this other sort of aspect for all those people who are into that. [...] All the stories kind of bounce off one another and inform each other. But, at the end of the day, this movie stands on its own to be a movie. [...] The Internet sort of stories and connections and clues are, in a way, a prism and they're another way of looking at the same thing. To us, it's just another exciting aspect of the storytelling."

-Wikipedia

Spartan_D32 said:
Also a good find:
1964 - Plans are revealed for the World Trade Center in New York City.

Bingo, but also...

1944 - Soviet forces liberate Leningrad, effectively ending a three year Nazi siege, known as the Siege of Leningrad.

1919 - World War I: The Paris Peace Conference opens in Versailles, France. (Ended WWI)

There were more on some site I found before, but I can't seem to find it again.

With some research I answered the questions to the Cloverfield clues.

1. What is Cloverfield’s release date? 1.18.08
2. What is the approximate total size of Manhattan, in square miles? 24
3. What is the name of the villain in the original HALLOWEEN film? Michael Myers
4. Mike Vogel – one of Cloverfield’s young stars – appeared opposite Channing Tatum (Step Up) in what film? Motorcross
5. On 1.18 in 1964, the plans for what New York City skyscraper were unveiled? World Trade Center
6. On 1.18 1919, the Paris Peace Conference, putting a close to WW1, opens in what French city? Versailles
7. Which of the following TV series’ did Matt Reeves, Cloverfield’s director, create? Homicide: Life on the Street
8. In the main poster for the film, INDEPENDENCE DAY, what was the alien space ship blowing up? The White House
9. What is the record high temperature for New York City on 1.18? 60°
10. Which of the following films does NOT involve a meteor headed towards Earth? Sunshine
11. Janet Leigh, star of PSYCHO, is the mother of what Hollywood actress? Jamie Lee Curtis
12. Who composed the music for the original horror film, HALLOWEEN? John Carpenter
13. What film used the following tagline: “they’re coming to get you…again!” Night of the Living Dead
14. Who played THE CREATURE in Kenneth Branagh’s 1994 remake of FRANKENSTEIN? Robert DeNiro
15. In the original film, where is GODZILLA discovered to come from? Udo Island
16. What is the name of the space-ship in the film, ALIEN? Nostromo
17. Where did the “pods” come from in the original INVASION OF THE BODYSNATCHERS? Aliens
18. In what famous 1953 disaster film did a monster come to New York and destroy Coney Island? The Beast from 20,000 fathoms
19. Central Park is nearly six times as large as the world’s smallest country, which is? Vatican City
20. What was New York City named by its first European settlers? New Amsterdam

Found this in a forum online when looking to find a translation of the Japanese on the back of one of the photos on www.1-18-08.com.
Doesn't really seem to help, but I think the ocean-bottom crab have something to do with the creature. Or it could still be just something in the picture.

Here's the link: http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtop...7&start=210

Edit: Better Translation...
Thank you for checking us out! We are introducing this week's tasty dish.
Make sure you eat it cold!

* Skinless chicken breast 2 halves
* Soumen noodles 10 oz
* Watercress julienne 1/2 cup
* Sliced radish 1/2 cup
* Shiitake 1/2 cup
* Chicken broth 1/3 cup
* Sake 2 tablespoons
* Sugar 1 teaspoon
* Kaitei no mitsu 1 pinch

In a small sauce pan, stir together 1/3 cup water, chicken stock, sake and sugar. Bring to a boil then chill until cold. Grill chicken breast 8 min on both sides then also chill. Boil the soumen for 3 min and leave in cold water until chilled. Spread watercress, shiitake and radish around the soumen. Slice the chicken breast thin and fan on top of the soumen. Add the Seabed's Nectar to the sauce before serving. Pour the sauce generously.

Go, go, delicious chef!

So far this is the only picture on 1-18-08.com without a time/date stamp

The image's difference in color on the back suggests it is actually a printed card, instead of a photograph

The number 3912 is a code for the human gene LAMB1

Krylon said:
there is no "project" in the name. its called Cloverfield.
I think this has been covered, but just in case.
We all know that the movie is called "Cloverfield", but the OP didn't when he posted.

But IN the movie however, the military calls it "Project: Cloverfield".
'Cloverfield' is a military designation for this type of event, or so I've read.
Wiki - "The director said that "Cloverfield" was the government's case designate for the monster, comparing the titling to that of the Manhattan Project."

If you're not going to contribute, don't bother posting. :cautious:

-Magnum

16 days untill it comes out..

It looks awesome though.

I'd like to see sometime in the near future a Cloverfield with a diffrent perspective..like from the military or something..Like some guy with the forces recording a film :lol:

How was your post any different than mine?

I just wanted to say that the title of the movie does not have the word project in it which is not indicated in this threads title.

Krylon said:
How was your post any different than mine?

I just wanted to say that the title of the movie does not have the word project in it which is not indicated in this threads title.

Technicly its a movie PROJECT so he could have it as Project Cloverfield.

GruntOfAction said:
Technicly its a movie PROJECT so he could have it as Project Cloverfield.

Who ever uses movie in that context? No one. Did anyone ever say Project Lord of the Rings or Project Star Wars? No. He implied that the movied title was project cloverfield and it is not.

Krylon said:
Who ever uses movie in that context? No one. Did anyone ever say Project Lord of the Rings or Project Star Wars? No. He implied that the movied title was project cloverfield and it is not.

He posted it AWHILE AGO, back when it WAS known as PROJECT CLOVERFILED.

You saying this is like some guy going into a thread about Halo 3 made on August 28th posting in like october saying all their stuff was wrong.

Krylon said:

Either way, it doesn't matter. You didn't come in with any intent to help. You just wanted to sound smart, and to me you came off more like an ass. That's why my post was different from yours, because it had no underlying tone to it. And if you thought I was being a jerk about it then, I'll let you in on a little secret...this is me being a jerk, RIGHT NOW.

Like I said, if you're not going to contribute don't bother posting. Jerkoff.

Now back on topic...
Adam said:
1. Book of Job 3:8 "May those who curse days curse that day, those who are ready to rouse Leviathan "; NIV
2. Book of Job 41:1-34: "Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?...He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride." KJV (quoted 1 and 34 only)
3. Psalms 74:14: "Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness." KJV
4. Psalms 104:24,25: "O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches. So is this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts." KJV;
5. Isaiah 27:1: "In that day the Lord with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea." KJV

Adam, you were pretty close. I did find someone that said the time stamps from the photos on the 1-18-08.com site bring up some pretty dark verses from the bible. I haven't really figured out which book they're from yet, but it's pretty interesting. ;)

Edit: Here's someone that eluded to the same thing, but found some similarites between the movie and the fall of Bablyon. From the Book of Revelation Chapter 18 Verse 08(18/08!!). Could be just a conicedence though. http://cloverfieldcracked.blogspot.com/200...milarities.html

Edit2: I just read some of Revelations and it sounds creepily familiar to what we already know about the movie.

-Magnum

i was simply notifying him that the title had changed. Chill OUT. This is not a place to arue so leave it at this. I wasn't being rude i was helping him out down the road.

GruntOfAction said:
16 days untill it comes out..

It looks awesome though.

I'd like to see sometime in the near future a Cloverfield with a diffrent perspective..like from the military or something..Like some guy with the forces recording a film :lol:

Agreed, and who knows with military today, they might have those helmet cams on. It's a possibility.

Who cares what i named it?!

I was reading an early article about it and the whole thing was referred to as Project Cloverfield

But! It looks great im totally seeing it at midnight on the 17th!

This movie looks amazing. I wanna see it so bad.
Xavier said:
i just watched a commercials, it was a little extended... and right before the statue of liberty's head flies, i swear i heard someone say "its a lion, its huge"
Yep, I heard it too.

Friendly said:
This movie looks amazing. I wanna see it so bad.

Yep, I heard it too.
Sorry, but it has been debunked before.

Grunts Deserve Shields Too said:
"It's alive! It's HUGE!"
It's on some other sites as well where people thought the creature was a Lion.
I will say it does sort of sound like it, but that wouldn't be an fun if it was a huge lion. ;)

For some reason, I heard "It's a lion, it's huge!" when I saw the videos on YouTube, but when I saw the commercial air on TV, I heard "It's alive! it's huge!"
As has been mentioned before in this thread, I believe the latter is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back