Project Cloverfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunty5

Jr Member
Here it is if you havent seen it yet

I personally am in love with it already
i love how its filmed from a persons point of view holdin a camcorder the way its done (when the statue of liberty's head is thrown is a great example.)
So speculate what u think the monster is (godzilla, volron, thundercats, those are just a few ive heard)
I dont think its anything we have seen before its a new monster something thats not just the typical godzilla or king kong

Soooo ive already started my countdown and its just in time 4 my BDAY 1/27 :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The movie looks great, I just hope the whole movie isnt in that home video-camera perspective or I will not see it. I could not stand to see the over zoomed filming like it is in the trailer I seen before seeing I Am Legend.

SPARTAN-430 said:
The movie looks great, I just hope the whole movie isnt in that home video-camera perspective or I will not see it. I could not stand to see the over zoomed filming like it is in the trailer I seen before seeing I Am Legend.

Sorry to say, but I think that's the whole idea of the movie. First person perspective of a "Godzilla" like attack, even though J.J. Abrams claims it's like no other monster before.

From the preview, you don't get to see the monster at all, and I hope it's like that through the whole movie. Too many, movies have ruined the scare factor when they show the monster(s) that after the character(s).

If you didn't know, apparently Abrams is part of the show "Lost", they have a similar thing on the island where there is a creature that no one has seen yet I guess. I don't know for sure because I really don't watch that show, but the movie looks like its going to be great.

-Magnum

I also hope they don't show the monster.
The only good monster-esque movie I've seen has been King Kong. Even then it was WAY to long.

To me, it doesn't if they show what the monster looks like, as long as it doesn't look like that oversized whale that a fan did...

WHo knows, it could just be another terrorist attack, but this time on the statue of liberty in the movie, otherwise, I'm leaning more toward monster, GODZILLA!

AoBfrost said:
WHo knows, it could just be another terrorist attack, but this time on the statue of liberty in the movie, otherwise, I'm leaning more toward monster, GODZILLA!

It cant because the in the Cloverfield movie poster the Statue of Liberty has a huge claw mark in it!
cloverfield.jpg

unless the terrorists use a monster .... :lol:

I think if they show just a tiny glimpse of like the back of the monster, or an apendage, I would be satisfied, however, its too cliche to show the monster nowadays.

baileyboys said:
Guys, I hate to say and you might not believe me but, it looks like that fan art....
Shown here:

P.S. I KNOW THE URL SAYS FAKE, ITS A FAN DRAWN PREDICTION:

And if you look at the claws, it looks similar to the claw marks on the back of the Statue of Liberty. The "spikes" can be seen on the side of the head and on the underbelly. And if you went to see I Am Legend, you noticed a new preview for this movie, in one of the snippets, you see them in a store looking at the windows, and you see a figure that is around 7-8ft tall, and turtle like haunched backs, this could be the parasites that reside on the body of the Cloverfield monster.

The Cloverfield Monster IS....

Dick Cheney with a Perazzi-Brescia shotgun!!!!

cheney-gun-2.jpg

a buddy of mine is at full sail university in florida with some guy who worked on it, says that nobody knows what the monster is, not even the actors, the only people that konw are the CG guys who are additing it in last. my prediction is its the monsters from "Where the wild things are" childrens book. thats what the sillhouttes look like

Id like it to kinda just be like a sillhouet (i can spell) i think id like the movie more if it were like that ...

The first preview (not the one in first post) gave u like no info at all except for 1/18/08 and i was like WELL WHAT IS IT?!!!
The monster should be just like that

This whole ad campaign is an elaborate scavenger hunt. They set up Fake Myspace accounts for th characters in the movie,they even created a fake company called "Slusho-o", there's a website that gives clues to the story and what the monster is. Slush-O is a drink like a slurpee and they add a chemical they extract from the resting place of this monster, and the speculations this is what awakens the monster. And that this chemical is giving people infections etc etc.

It's not Godzilla, rumors are it's a mix of a something like a Whale, Dinosaur and Chthulu(note the pinhole like hole below the claw marks in the Statue of Liberty). JJ Abrahms in notorious for making everything in his movies pertain to the story.

SPARTAN-430 said:
Guys, I hate to say and you might not believe me but, it looks like that fan art....
Shown here:

P.S. I KNOW THE URL SAYS FAKE, ITS A FAN DRAWN PREDICTION:

And if you look at the claws, it looks similar to the claw marks on the back of the Statue of Liberty. The "spikes" can be seen on the side of the head and on the underbelly. And if you went to see I Am Legend, you noticed a new preview for this movie, in one of the snippets, you see them in a store looking at the windows, and you see a figure that is around 7-8ft tall, and turtle like haunched backs, this could be the parasites that reside on the body of the Cloverfield monster.

That thing looks like sin, some really big monster thing, from final fantasy X.

i just watched a commercials, it was a little extended... and right before the statue of liberty's head flies, i swear i heard someone say "its a lion, its huge"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back