Proposed Halo Armour for Halo: CE Re-release! (Text/Pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneKiller1992

Good evening everyone! It's been a long time since I've been on 405th but I'm back now with more maturity and more of a will to get something done :)

I've become slightly obssessed with the Halo universe recently, and my curious quest for knowledge to know more about it (without infrindging spoilers of Halo: Reach) I eventually led myself here. Here I though to myself, 'hmm... I suppose I could give it another shot!' :p

So, to the point, I'm wanting to build my own Halo suit in time for Halo: CE's re-release (yes, it's true! Look here) and to pay homage to the ten legendary years that the Halo franchise has bestowed upon us. I would like to make a Halo suit as close to looking like the MC's suit back in the original game. I have looked around on the forums and have found many peps would may be usefull, but since it's said that the Halo remake will be using the Reach engine I thought it would make sense to make the suit using Reach armour.

But upon my findings (and using MC's original armour as reference) I found few that might be used to replicate the armour. Which is understandable since there's no real HD version of MC's original armour (that I know of). But what I have found I'm thinking of splicing together to make the suit, such as pieces from Reach and other Halo games.

I propose this is what I do:

I've found a Reach version of MC's original helmet (I don't think it's completely HD, but I'll add details nontheless) and I hope to have this done but at least the remake release date, I doubt I'll have the whole armour done by that date. So, logically, the helmet seems the best bet to do.

Here's a pic of the helm I'm talking about:

HaloMkV.png

I somewhat know how to proceed with making a Halo helm, I will search the forums otherwise.
------------------------------------------
Now here's (hopefully) what the finished product may look like:

Halo1.png

Now for some questions:

I was originally gonna use the Reach ODST shoulder add-ons but I've sinced found a possible alternitive which kinda looks like the original's, the shoulders from the mark Mk IV armour.

HaloMkVshoulders.png
ODSTshoulder.png

Would that make a good alternative instead of the ODST shoulders?

Also, I'm a bit confused as to how I'm gonna fit the thigh pieces. I've looked at the Reach thiegh pieces and I've noticed that these bits are missing:

Theighswithlines-1.png

Is there a pep with these attached or should I use the ones from the Mk VI armour (MC's modern armour)?

Also, one more question: I'm considering using the Mk IV shin armour instead of the Reach shin armour:

MkIVShins.png
ReachShins.png

Which one looks more like it belongs to the original Halo armour?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well that's all I have for now :) I'll update on my progress whenever I get round to it, this is just a proposal.

Please leave encouraging comments and please (if you can) answer my questions or offer relevent advice :)

Happy pep making!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey!

Before you start you do know that the armor is going to look just the same as in the first game but with insane detail, not like a Reach version of it.

So since that is I suggest going with these BAMF-ers (made by me)

As for the thighs, in the files in the link above have most of it, but if you go with reach versions then use a foam mat (as seen here!! )

Just my two cents

I'm really diggin' this idea. When's the release date?

ODST may have to go on hold...

@Rhinoc: Crazy files man. I think I'll be grabbing some stuff from there because I just realised that Moz never made shins :p

Hey!

Before you start you do know that the armor is going to look just the same as in the first game but with insane detail, not like a Reach version of it.

So since that is I suggest going with these BAMF-ers (made by me)

As for the thighs, in the files in the link above have most of it, but if you go with reach versions then use a foam mat (as seen here!! )

Just my two cents

I'm really diggin' this idea. When's the release date?

ODST may have to go on hold...

@Rhinoc: Crazy files man. I think I'll be grabbing some stuff from there because I just realised that Moz never made shins :p

Link 4 da helmet...nao! :)

@Rhinoc: Oh, I see. Thanks for the advice! And I've looked at your links, they look pretty helpful! I'll watch the foam vids once my gf leaves :)

Also, I like your suggestion on the Mk V armour but I've not yet got Pep Designer, just Viewer. I'll download it in a min so I can view them :)

@Liamthedevastator: Thanks :D I hope to go through with it. It says in the link I mentioned earlier, November 11th (if I remember correctly). Go check yourself just to be sure :)

And yeh, I thought that myself. I'll see how the progress takes me :)

@Spartan_D211: The majority of the files I'm gonna use can be found here. The Helm's there too :)

Happy hunting!

The rumored release date is "November 15, 2011, ten years after the original launch of Halo: Combat Evolved."

You should really use Rhinoc's HD Mark V. im almost done the codpiece and it looks awesome. His models are very nice!

@Liamthedevastator: and yes, MOZ did make shins :p

i wouldnt recommend using the MARK IV shin.....it is an amazing file but for actually wearing them, they arent great. ive made an entire mark IV suit and let me tell you, if your shooting for that date, they will set you back. they look amazing but they are made for people with chicken legs :/ lots of trial and error.

Its not really a re-release of Halo: CE its more of a Redux, sorry to sound picky lol. But like they stated above, you never know what the armor is going to look like. Everyone thought the GoW 3 armor was going to be the same as in Gears of War 2, cause GoW 2 was the same armor as the original GoW. Little did they know its not, they are finally changing it. I hope after I get my Gears of War Armors done (Yes Plural) I will make a GoW 3 Suit (If anyone releases peps, cause I suck at making.)

The rumored release date is "November 15, 2011, ten years after the original launch of Halo: Combat Evolved."

You should really use Rhinoc's HD Mark V. im almost done the codpiece and it looks awesome. His models are very nice!

@Liamthedevastator: and yes, MOZ did make shins :p

i wouldnt recommend using the MARK IV shin.....it is an amazing file but for actually wearing them, they arent great. ive made an entire mark IV suit and let me tell you, if your shooting for that date, they will set you back. they look amazing but they are made for people with chicken legs :/ lots of trial and error.

@Flying Spartan: Yes, I know :) and hopefully that'll be the date to have at least the helmet done.

I've looked at his armour and I'm very impressed with it =P I'm thinking of using that instead but I'm cought between being true to MC's original armour (using Rhinoc's Mk V armour) or custom making it with Reach armour.

Now, no offence to Rhinoc, but I think the Reach armour has more detail on it, but then again nothing is stopping me from adding details to Rhinoc's armour. I'll see what happens :) I'll probs use his Mk V armour.

Also one more thing: I like your signature :)

@soul products:
Thanks for advice :) I can see why it would look like a chicken leg, and now that you point it out I can see how it could be time consuming. Looks amazing, but probs difficult to do under a set time frame. Thanks for the tip :)

You could always just do it from scratch. I make most of the pep files for reference, and then I make my own version from them.

I try to make it as high def as possible while keeping the same look of the original suit.

Here is my thread:

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/28723-JUSTINIAN-117-s-MARK-V-BUILD

I hear what you're saying and it is a good idea, but I personally just don't have that certain "drive" start an armour completely from scratch. Pep works as a good kick-start for me :) but thanks nonetheless.

I've also looked at your thread: looking pretty good! I see what you mean by making it as high def as possible but making it look like the original suit, well exicuted!

I especially like how the gauntlets are coming along :)

[[Sorry if this counts as a double post, please notify me if it is and I'll correct it]]

First: I'd like to thank all of you who have commented, your advice and encouragement have been most helpful :)

Now to point: I've made my final decision for what armour I'll make. I'm going to make the Mk IV armour. My reason for this is because it was the very first MJOLNIR armour MC wore prior to the events in Halo. What better homage than to start right at the beginning, right? :)

I'm currently trying to find HD peps of the Mk IV armour. I've found a few in ThunderHammer's Halo Pack but I've not found all armour pieces. Any direction on where to find other pieces would be greatly appreciated (the helmet most importantly) :) I will do some searching myself.

I'm planning on going into town later on this week to try and find thick enough card stock to print off the peps, I'll update again with my hopeful findings.

Once I've got the card and all the necessary peps I'll be posting up a new thread (this one will actually be the progress thread) and my idea will be explained on how I plan to make the armour, including fitting of pieces, etc.

Wish me luck (again) on my findings, and any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Alright guys, I've got to be honest with you.

Recently events have happened which have hindered my ability to make a start on this build: studing for exams, trying to find a job, having no money, etc.

So I'm afraid I won't be able to make a start 'till at least the summer (and even that's optimistic). I wish I could try sooner but I dunno what life will throw at me.

My only solace in this is knowing I'm being honest with you guys.

I hope you guys can understand, I'm kicking myself about it.

On the plus though I do aim to continue to frequent the forums and try to be a helpful and active member of the comunity :)

I'll probably be only blogging things from now on. But I do thank the people who have shown interest and advice on my proposed idea - thanks guys!

Yours,
~LoneKiller1992

Sorry to hear that. Sure you can't at least work on Pepping the parts? All you need is some cardstock and hot glue, and you could take your time and work on making the parts until you can resin/finish them during the summer. Just food for thought, good luck with whatever you do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back