Question Concerning Bondo

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0xtr0t09

Jr Member
Ok so I am on to the Bondo step, and I got my stuff and I was all excited, and then I remembered I know nothing about using it...

So I read the tutorials, very helpful, but there is one thing I could not find covered in the tuts, and the question is this:

Do I cover the enitre piece in bondo? or do I just cover parts I want to raise or such in it, then cover the rest of the piece with another product?

Boba Fett said:
Only cover what needs to be smoothed. If the resined pep piece works fine, let it be

I would say give it another couple of layers of resin where your not going to bondo so it stays strong and smooth

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, i also would like to know how some people when after they are finished with their bondo, get a porcelain esque piece, it looks like a nice white, is that just the primer?

f0xtr0t09 said:
ok, i also would like to know how some people when after they are finished with their bondo, get a porcelain esque piece, it looks like a nice white, is that just the primer?

It's possible because it may have been pulled from a mold or they could have painted it with a white primer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back