R2D2 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breci

Jr Member
Hello,

I planing to make an R2D2 build.
Actually i looking for a pepakura file. I've found all star wars armor but R2-D2 no...

If someone know where I can find It please tell me ^^'.

Project for : 21st april

It's too expensive...

Scratch build is not a problem but I need to find a cheap way.
Paper mach with some resin ?
Plastic with some paint?

Scratch building is one of the most cost effective methods.

Get an old trash can, put bowl on top for dome, cut appropriate holes, put in bits from cut out plastic packaging, paint.

honestly scratch building it would be far cheaper then doing a pep build, the materials required to strengthen the paper are more expensive than using recycled parts.

good luck with your build though, i can't wait to see how this comes out.

Yeah you can get an appropriate size can for like 20 bucks or so or you could got like home depot and get a cardboard concrete form tube and cut it to the height you want, then primer the tube and paint it then add the dome and all of the bells and whistles

I remeber a store where i can buy plastic by metter (5mm or 10mm)
1m*1m50 for 10€
I think it will better than cardboard.

The hardest part : the top

no its not use the paper machet method for the top... get a ball that is bug enough to cover the hole and then paper machet over the top half of the ball and let it dry once dry you have your dome

Hello,

I planing to make an R2D2 build.
Actually i looking for a pepakura file. I've found all star wars armor but R2-D2 no...

Project for : 21st april

Hello Breci,

I am one of the original elder members of the R2Builders Group (can supply link in PM). I have built a full scale working R/C R2 (see attached link below) I do have plans that you could use to make a quick scratch built R2, I also have an R2 pepakura that you could scale up a bit and re work to suit your needs.

I can tell you though, that a good replica will be at least $500, and goes up from there based upon your resourcefulness.

~James
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/170/7637/1024/Img_3164.jpg

Hey! Nice project :D !
I think pepakura+ cardboard+ resin and bondo are the best solution to have the best result, even if it's more expensive ...
But after, you have the garbage solution too ^^

jlhR2 -> OMG it's awesome Oo!

Hello Breci,

I am one of the original elder members of the R2Builders Group (can supply link in PM). I have built a full scale working R/C R2 (see attached link below) I do have plans that you could use to make a quick scratch built R2, I also have an R2 pepakura that you could scale up a bit and re work to suit your needs.

I can tell you though, that a good replica will be at least $500, and goes up from there based upon your resourcefulness.

~James
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/170/7637/1024/Img_3164.jpg

James,
That is one excellent piece of work.

dood this is an ossem choice of projects, and I would def enjoy seeing you at a convention somewhere. Good luck and dont loose hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back