Reach: An Lt Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received one of your helmets, and I have to say that I am extremely impressed by the quality and the and detail. Excellent craftsmanship; I can't wait to see the rest of the build!

Hey big guy quick question for you: who among the group is doing the torso armor? I have not seen really any updates about.

Just cheakin' in. Keep up the good work!

I will be doing the torso. It will be done mid-end of July. Right now I am working on the left thigh and molding the boot. Kasper is cruising on the shin and the thigh inserts. I will be doing the shoulders before the chest. Things are hectic right now, cramming a chem class into 7 weeks of school is rough, and is keeping me busy. Lots should get done this weekend. Still have the MKVI going as well, so that chips away at Reach time as well. But she will be ready by August for sure!! Lots of other little secret projects going, but y'all will see those soon enough...

Brandon McClain said:
Lt stand for lieutenant. Thats what Carter calls S-312 in the trailer. And yes, that is a replacement liner for a motorcycle helmet. Its a large. It is crazy comfy, a little warm though, so it will need some fans and ducting to keep my noggin cool and the visor clear.

I was wondering, how did you attach the motorcycle helmet liner to the inside of the helmet? Did you make it easily removable?

Last edited by a moderator:
I used industrial grade velcro and hot glued it to the helmet and the liner. I have several helmets and can switch the liners between them if I want.

I've also noticed some wierdness with the forearms, mainly how the top trapezoidal outcropping doesn't stick out, but rather just blends in with the rest of the forearm.

So this Flex-Foam stuff...which version do you guys use? Smooth-on sells several different ones and I'd actually like to try this stuff out, but use the same one you guys are using.

Hey Brandon, I dont know if this is correct, but I seem to recall you talking something about going out to Canada for vacation... When and where is this happening (if it hasn't already happened)? Again, correct me if im wrong.

I go up to Cold Lake in Alberta, I just came back to the states yesterday, but will be back in a couple weeks, I got a pretty good job up there

Thanks to all. As far as updates, well, got a lot done while at ithicas, you will have to wait for some video and pics, the vids have to get loaded, spliced, etc, and I need to find a camera that works, but we are almost there!!!!

Cant wait to see what you guys got done down there. You back in Utah, I need to order those handplates and see how that other thigh is coming along so maybe I can order those too. Been hard at work trying to get my cod piece finished. I shot you an email about my other parts. Didnt know what shipping you used.

Im interested in using flexfoam-it, just a few questions, how well does it mold/keep shape? How sturdy is it, for doing a chest piece and thighs for example? One more thing, what are the different versions like? Thank you, answers are much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back