Reach Armor build first build, journey and questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newnobel6

Started 3 days ago, I'm printing the pieces separately and doing them one at a time. I've been using the stuff from the armory but I'm running into a problem. Not all the pieces are there. I've got the helmet, shoulder pads, and knee guards. I found the scout chest piece but I wanted to see more options. Will I find the other parts on 405 web site, Or should Look elsewhere? The pieces I do have look great!

Attachments

• 1560056108155.png
    1560056108155.png
    311 bytes · Views: 218
  • WIN_20190608_21_56_35_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20190608_21_56_35_Pro.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 219
I responded in your other thread, but I will drop it here as well.

In "The Armory" the Reach Armor is broken down by sets. Since the base chest, bicep, forearm, legs, and groins are the same across all Armor sets they can be found in the "Base" Mark V Here:

I responded in your other thread, but I will drop it here as well.

In "The Armory" the Reach Armor is broken down by sets. Since the base chest, bicep, forearm, legs, and groins are the same across all Armor sets they can be found in the "Base" Mark V Here:
Thank you!

Best of luck to you! I remember doing my first set. Back when I started, I had no clue about Pepakura and the like, and did everything by hand out of cardboard. Question for you, though- after you've built your paper models, then what? Are you going to try to do the Resin and Bondo method, or are you going to convert it to EVA foam?

Best of luck to you! I remember doing my first set. Back when I started, I had no clue about Pepakura and the like, and did everything by hand out of cardboard. Question for you, though- after you've built your paper models, then what? Are you going to try to do the Resin and Bondo method, or are you going to convert it to EVA foam?
Thank you! I want to do resin and Bando but I’m a bit nervous, because I’ve never done it before. I’m going to be experimenting with it first on scrap paper extra to see if I can get it to look the way I want it too. Any advice? Or should I try and go the EVA route?

Try both.....no reason not to see which one "Feels" better to you, and no better way than to "Do" each method and decide on your own. People sometimes mix it up. A foam body and a peped helmet......

Thank you! I want to do resin and Bando but I’m a bit nervous, because I’ve never done it before. I’m going to be experimenting with it first on scrap paper extra to see if I can get it to look the way I want it too. Any advice? Or should I try and go the EVA route?
Personally I built the paper models and then freehanded a the EVA version. Mostly used the paper for attaining a visual understanding and sizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back