Recaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll, it's the same guy selling both auctions. It looks like it could be the sideshow collectable bust, but it does seem large enough to wear. I'm not sure if you're saying he's recasting the bust or a previouse work by a fellow 405th member.

What he's saying, as far as I can tell, is that the person on eBay has recast (by the looks of it) the Sideshow Iron Man bust and is selling the helmets from that mould. At least that's what it sounds like.

As much as I hate it being done (I'm one of the more anti-recasting people you'll find), I know a lot of people don't see it as being bad and honestly don't care. So chances are you wont get as much support as if it were someone recasting something that a member here made, not saying that is going to be the case here, because it might not be, but just be aware of that.

Sad thing is that was one of the first comments I heard on another board when they announced that bust, someone talking about dropping it in some silicone...

You can try reporting it and see if they do anything but don't be prick and abuse the guy or anything.

Sorry I didn't clarify it clearly, I was in a bit of a hurry.

But yes, it is a definitive recast of the Slideshow collectibles Ironman Bust.

2957_press08-001.jpg

I just wanted to get the word out about this guy and I honestly hate

re-casters. I do apologize for not being clear in my first post, I just hope that helped

clear things up. I also did file a report on him, so we'll see if that does anything.

Peace!

question: How is this any different from Adam molding off of the Muckle statue?

granted that its different in the sense that this guy is claiming it is his (or at least isnt giving credit) but can we really call him out and bash him for something we have praised the owner of the site doing?

i do not mean to offend anyone here, just trying to point out the hypocrisy.

DreadMullet said:
question: How is this any different from Adam molding off of the Muckle statue?

granted that its different in the sense that this guy is claiming it is his (or at least isnt giving credit) but can we really call him out and bash him for something we have praised the owner of the site doing?

i do not mean to offend anyone here, just trying to point out the hypocrisy.

That's part of the situation I was referring to but didn't want to post any names or single people out ;)

Lots of people do it and lots don't have a problem with it, it's that kind of grey area in recasting and that's why it doesn't get the same reaction as if someone were to recast a fan made item.

Perhaps because it's not really personalized in the same way.

At the end of the day though there's not a lot you can do about any kinds of recasting, you can try to get it pulled but they'll find other ways to sell these helmets. There's always going to be a market for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back