Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Undecided

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ie do not have a ID tab over your pocket that is "US ARMY or MARINES" and your good...

well god bless google. cuz i was more or less familiar with the legality and i was the one who brought it up. thanks Sinjinsmiley

some dog tags would be awesome, but some people might not have the time to make armor and want to, like i want to but dont have the time. pm me if you deside to do it

Rob said:
ie do not have a ID tab over your pocket that is "US ARMY or MARINES" and your good...
Exactly!

*Hugs black jungle boots* I don't like the brown boots and I have to wear ACU's for raiders next year....I don't like the ACUs....

Thats off topic anyway. I'm glad people are posting I almost though this was dead...

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaya Tetsu said:
Exactly!

*Hugs black jungle boots* I don't like the brown boots and I have to wear ACU's for raiders next year....I don't like the ACUs....

Thats off topic anyway. I'm glad people are posting I almost though this was dead...
I think the only members of the Army that like ACUs are on the uniform board. :) Nobody else seems to care much for them.

I think the Marine or ODST should be based on BDUs and not ACUs better for the costume.

If we pick one Soft costume every two weeks and beat it too death I can add in to the List of costumes a lot easer. :)

i dont know why all of your are bashing the acus i love them. But i love the breast pockets so much nicer.

I hate the bdus there so much warmer and you have to put every thing on by string

The thing that sucks when your friend take of your unit patch and puts in on backwards

Spartan 051 said:
i dont know why all of your are bashing the acus i love them. But i love the breast pockets so much nicer.

I hate the bdus there so much warmer and you have to put every thing on by string

The thing that sucks when your friend take of your unit patch and puts in on backwards
true that!!! true that!!!!!

well for those who hate the acu's the army is replacing them soon. alot of bad reviews from the field. well thats atleast what i heard from the army guys i was attached to.

Semper Fi

Like I said before, the law is mostly set to prevent us imitating a US soldier. (I talked to a Serviceman again).

Now is the issue regarding the use of a United Nations logo. Do you think they would bring the hammer down on the UNSC and its subsidaries?

I am a complete noob here at the 405th. I haven't started my armor/weapons yet. I've read all I can and downloaded files to get started - really hard to start when working nights and tcb during the day. Having a "recruit" uniform IMO is a great idea. I think "recruit" is a poor choice of wording. It should be "support" uniform. As those who are/have served in the armed forces know, a grunt/leg won't get anywhere without support personnel. Admin, logistics, you name it, infantry can only go as far as the food, gas and other supplies allow. The temp tattoo idea is great. I agree with the t-shirt/bdu pant idea. Combat boots can be had cheap on the net. They don't have to "match"! Look at any active unit that isn't in a combat environment and the boots vary. Yes I speak from firsthand experience - over 10 years US Army. I'm sure I'm not the only new member (or older member) here who doesn't have much time to work on making armor/weapons. Working nights I spend my daytime hours paying bills, etc. After work I do what I want - email, armor, etc. The weekends I do the things I have to do around my house - chores! With a few hours devoted to my hobbies. I feel you all are making this more difficult than it needs to be. As to "wearing" the uniform, if you are a vet, wear it with your patches. If you aren't, then something needs to be out of place. Just like they do in the movies - wear the rank upside down or patches out of place. Something obvious that someone "in the know" would recognize. This is a great idea to get all 405th members involved and potentially/hopefully bring new members into the fold. As for me, my armor is on my plate and will get completed along with my weapons. It will just probably take me longer than others. I for one would like to attend events with other 405th members and not stand out by wearing my jeans and "I don't have armor" t-shirt. Just my nickel worth since I've ranted a little. :cautious:

Going to an event with basic gear is much better than showing up in a half-ass'd "i made it this morning" P.O.S.

You could end up looking like this guy.
Gundam.jpg

...i love photoshop :D

Ahhh Just the thread i was looking for..

Went and posted my Ideas of the Marines BDU's in the Hard amour thread as that was all i found on the topic...

On the subject of H3 he Arms race Marines..In Game With the BDU's being urban of pattern we really need to decide what ones best..
All available from BDU
Standard US Urban,
Urban
Subdued US Urban,
Subdued
Didgital Subdued Urban,
Digital
Or even the experimental T pattern Urban that the USMC where going to adopt..
T Patt

Heres what Weta used..

updatetwinsho3.jpg

Then do we go one further and have then Crye styled?.And what colour coolmax?. Makes it alot cooler Under Body armor from first hand experience when its been over 30oC...
76169613.jpg

Hats/covers wise...
Well Ingame the standard USMC style cover is used in OD By Johnson and Reynolds..cant remember seeing any boonies in H3..

Its good to get the Base uniform sorted for that "onbase" look in the evenings at cons when the drinking starts and ur fed up of being in armour all day.

Patches and rank.. Well the Bungie UNSCDF Pin's are a good start as we all know...On Plain USMC covers. maybe sprayed gold Like Johnson and Reynolds's. Silver for Junior ranks and Gold for Sgt's Up to Generals/Admirals.

UNSCDF Name tape and your surname on your BDU's Or just plain UNSC. Pair of Jump wings or HALO wings if you are ODST maybe?.

I personally think we should have patches of Nations on our Arms..Me personally being English I shall wear a subdued Union Jack on my right arm, just because Halo Marines are Mixed race! Primarily Australian voiced in H1..Im guessing thats all due to the Colony they come from maybe?

Boots Wise..
Ingame are Black US Panama sole Jungle boots and in Arms race they are Black Original Swat boots...I know this as i own a tan pair.

Its all Up to us what we use...If we get a basic BDU colour depending on what Part of the Halo Period we are Portraying...In Contact Harvest Johnson uses OD Bdu's so you could get away with a Set of OD BDUS in a RAID style, (Chinese collar, Pockets on arms, Zip front, Slanted pockets on shirt front ect)

Whats You all recon Chaps N Chapets?

tlither said:
Having a "recruit" uniform IMO is a great idea. I think "recruit" is a poor choice of wording. It should be "support" uniform. As those who are/have served in the armed forces know, a grunt/leg won't get anywhere without support personnel. Admin, logistics, you name it, infantry can only go as far as the food, gas and other supplies allow.
I can make a mean bolognaise, if it means I can be a 405th-er

ShArK said:
UNSCDF Name tape and your surname on your BDU's Or just plain UNSC. Pair of Jump wings or HALO wings if you are ODST maybe?.

I personally think we should have patches of Nations on our Arms..Me personally being English I shall wear a subdued Union Jack on my right arm, just because Halo Marines are Mixed race! Primarily Australian voiced in H1..Im guessing thats all due to the Colony they come from maybe?
Maybe not actual names. Screen names are much better, as they're what people know you as. After all, you don't know me as, say, Bob, You know me as helios.

helios said:
I can make a mean bolognaise, if it means I can be a 405th-er
Maybe not actual names. Screen names are much better, as they're what people know you as. After all, you don't know me as, say, Bob, You know me as helios.

FROM THE POWERS OT BE... We are going with a name and # thing. That is all I can say for now.

As for the patch rank up side down The UNSC with its one Patch and IC Tabs is just that an UNSC uniform. No US or UK patches will be on it. SO there is NOT a problem there.

That is all

Rob-3378 (Hint)

I always figured that the UNSC would divide between countries. I mean, sure, it's the UNITED Nations Space Corp, but just as modern-day UN troops wear a defining country patch, why not UNSC members? After all... forgive me, but every depiction of the UNSC seems biased towards Americans or Australians/South Africans. Which means the rest of the world gets lumped with ridiculous upside-down rank badges, as well as the rest of it. Observe:

BRITISH Sergeant badge
AMERICAN Sergeant badge

I know which I'd prefer, due in part to patriotism and part to aesthetic design. And wearing a country patch isn't so bad - it shows where you're from. I know I'll be sticking one on my arm, put it that way - and beware those who try to take it off. I still have my rank and country patches from my time in the Army Cadets - it'd be a shame to let them go to waste.

As for the rank tag and service number - agreed. I like this idea.

Either way, I wouldn't describe any armed services personnel rank insignia as being ridiculous, merely because it appears in an upside orientation as that how it appears in your personal country of origin military. Such broad comments may be interpreted as offensive to some of our members and I would suggest that such comments be kept to a minimum.

Costuming standards for the Official 405th Infantry Division costuming organization will be based on game content, not your personal country of origination unfortunately. It is your personal choice as to the level of accuracy your costume portrays, however it will be judged against reference material from the Halo universe. I'd hope no one would remove something from your costume without permission, however you may be asked to modify certain details if you wish to be part of the 405th Infantry Division costuming organization.

Country of origination patches for non official events could be considered appropriate. But that has yet to be discussed.

*grins*

You take my comments too literally. The British army was the basis for all American ranks, inclusive of the rank designs, and after having served in a section of the Army (albeit a junior section) I've developed what you might call a patriotic bias.

American rank patches aren't stupid or outlandish or in any way actually bad, however I may point out that their basis comes from British rank slides and as a Briton myself I have a natural (and admittedly strong) preference for British rank insignia. Yes, I'll wear an American rank slide on my jacket, but my lightweights and epaulettes will feature British designs primarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back