• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camoflauge Patterns

I'm looking for the closest match to what I saw on the Marines in the "sierra" level. It'll look different based on video cards/lighting levels/etc, but at least we can pick a few close ones.
"Slightly unusual" is perhaps preferred, but we're trying to match first, and then hopefully be unique without buying historical antiques.

If you want to post large images from there, you'll need to link to their page (unless you do a screenshot)
http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/en_00201.php <--Polish metro Urban Camo
http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/en_00110.php<-- Turkish Woodland Camo
http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/en_00057.php<-- USA Grey Urban Trial Camo

I'm partial to the last one because american camo will be easier to obtain for the majority of our members.

l_200b7e33bac238592aba3a94c429840c.jpg

Nice that we're getting some discussion on here. I do agree with deadguy that USA would be best for most members. I'm sure we could help thos who aren't able to get it out. Say they pay...adam, for example, who orders it and then sends it to them? just throwing ideas out there again. On the topic of combat boots, I have a pair I bought last year for raider team at school. They might not look exactly like the onces from say academy,but they're close and I don't think academy would carry my size. My boots are size 3, so yeah...took me a long while to track those down, so I could compete. Only saying there are cases where we can't get the same thing, besides our location. Enough ranting though, I'm glad this is still going and that Adam and the mods and the others working on our charter are considering this idea.

Edit:

Another example of what this could be good for is dragon*con. I know for a fact I can have my bdu's, and boots before then,but on the subject of the armor I'm not sure. I have to wait until school gets out to work on it and others might have similar problems. With this being our first event together it might be god to go with this for people whos armor isn't ready to march, guard chief and be spotters.

Edit again:
I was skim reading the thread again and noticed deadguys post so i thought I'd answer his question the best I can.

Deadguy said:
The only thing is.. if you're wearing a military costume, you need to realistically hide your hair if it's long.. that'd be pretty far out of character otherwise, unless perhaps you're female? (how should THAT work?).

I'm in JROTC and I used to have long hair.(It still touches my shoulders,but its not at my mid-back anymore - but thats besides the point) For our uniforms and in the military, as far as I know (Somone correct me if I'm wrong), you must put your hair up so that it does not touch your collar. I have relatively short hair so i usually put it in a ponytail and if I have to wear my garrison cap then I make it lower and only pull it halfway through.(if that makes any sense...) Girls with longer hair usally put it in a bun.

Last edited by a moderator:
not to sound mean or anything but walking around with a helmet and just camo isnt going to look very.... ODST-like. I guesss is what im trying to say.

For people with out a costume, i think Camo pants, Boots and an official 405th t-shirt would look more professional/ organized.

Again im not trying to be mean or anything just my opinion =P

Ragnarok118 said:
not to sound mean or anything but walking around with a helmet and just camo isnt going to look very.... ODST-like. I guesss is what im trying to say.

For people with out a costume, i think Camo pants, Boots and an official 405th t-shirt would look more professional/ organized.

Again im not trying to be mean or anything just my opinion =P
Correct me if I'm wrong, it been a while, but did I ever mention a helmet?

I think the boots that Spase posted look the best. They would what you would think they look like in the future.

what about using the marines costume from halo 1? I mean BDU and a tactical vest and boots? could be sort sleeves or long sleeves but I don't know what do you think?
[attachment=3471:CIMG0749.JPG]

[attachment=3472:CIMG0779.JPG]

[attachment=3473:CIMG0771.JPG]

[attachment=3474:CIMG0759.JPG]

It's just a idea I want to through out there.

drgon47 said:
I think the boots that Spase posted look the best. They would what you would think they look like in the future.

Some really nice boots i have are made by BATES Footwear, they make government shoes from Police Officers, to Military, To Post Office, and they have sort of a near futuristic look to them

Bates Boots

there is a pair in the for about 25 that would be really great
ahh wat the heck heres a pic
2170.jpg

I mentioned this on the 501st - 405th comparison thread.

With Adam's mention of a $50 fee, it raises the question of were that money would go. Maybe it could go to introductory suits? We could actually send each new member a suit / costume as well as pre-cut pepakura sheets. For example, a member joins, pays the fees, and BAM, a month later, receives either a Jungle/Forest BDU or a Urban BDU with corresponding sheets of pepakura to build their armor.

Actually, we may be able to strike a deal with a BDU company somewhere so that once a member joins, the BDU's are automatically sent from the warehouse/store/whatever and that it would be discounted for the 405th. For example, send each member the following items:

http://www.bdu.com/F545238320.html
http://www.bdu.com/F520138320.html

I would say to make this an optional choice, and it would probably be a feature were you have to pay an extra $25-$50 dollars on, but it would be an excellent start for new members. We could even have PARADES at stuff like the ROSE BOWL like the 501ST!

But that's just my opinion.

It seems to me that a lot of the people who want a "recruit" costume are younger. In my opinion if you're under 18 you're too young to be involved in an adult club for quite a few reasons, I think what could be a better idea is instead of a recruit costume for the 405th, why don't you younger guys just start a halo armour fan club? Then you could wear what ever you wanted, get some screen printed tee shirts made up or something. You could have your own forum and emblems, even ranks if you wanted. And you wouldn't have to worry about any age restriction. Make it kids only. Maybe when you turn 17 or 18, you're too old, then perhaps if you have the finance, time, materials, skill and desire you can think about trying to get 405th entry.

NZ-TK said:
It seems to me that a lot of the people who want a "recruit" costume are younger. In my opinion if you're under 18 you're too young to be involved in an adult club for quite a few reasons, I think what could be a better idea is instead of a recruit costume for the 405th, why don't you younger guys just start a halo armour fan club? Then you could wear what ever you wanted, get some screen printed tee shirts made up or something. You could have your own forum and emblems, even ranks if you wanted. And you wouldn't have to worry about any age restriction. Make it kids only. Maybe when you turn 17 or 18, you're too old, then perhaps if you have the finance, time, materials, skill and desire you can think about trying to get 405th entry.

Your absolutly right. Most younger people would rather just buy / receive their suit. But it is also for those who don't have the time or the money, not necessarily the under 18s.

I am personally gonna build my suit out of Pepakura, and I am not gonna let this die. I have wanted a suit of MJOLNIR armor for 2 years.

I'm using some of your models, btw, NZ-TK.

I don't think we should start another community for younger, because seriously, it will turn pretty bad. I'm also against a recruit costume. I think old and young people should make more "Halo" related costumes than a simple BDU.

I think we should have like a comitee (sp?) which brings the better costumer to the main forums and everything. Like headhunters...

LastSpartan said:
I don't think we should start another community for younger, because seriously, it will turn pretty bad. I'm also against a recruit costume. I think old and young people should make more "Halo" related costumes than a simple BDU.

I think we should have like a comitee (sp?) which brings the better costumer to the main forums and everything. Like headhunters...

It's more than just a simple BDU. It's a BDU with the Marine / ODST armor plates.

But yes, your right on everything else.

BTW, your new avatar made me LMAO.

Spartan137 said:

With Adam's mention of a $50 fee, it raises the question of were that money would go. Maybe it could go to introductory suits? We could actually send each new member a suit / costume as well as pre-cut pepakura sheets. For example, a member joins, pays the fees, and BAM, a month later, receives either a Jungle/Forest BDU or a Urban BDU with corresponding sheets of pepakura to build their armor.

Actually, we may be able to strike a deal with a BDU company somewhere so that once a member joins, the BDU's are automatically sent from the warehouse/store/whatever and that it would be discounted for the 405th. For example, send each member the following items:

I would say to make this an optional choice, and it would probably be a feature were you have to pay an extra $25-$50 dollars on, but it would be an excellent start for new members. We could even have PARADES at stuff like the ROSE BOWL like the 501ST!

i would watch out the price of cammo is pricey when you throw in boots, acu's or bdu's, hat, and vest

I think that price would be like 100 or some thing

Spartan137 said:

That would be great if the 405th owned the rights to do that, but we don't and doing what you suggest is Illegal.

And the Rose Parade was organized by LFL and each person in it was reviewed on thier marching skill and costume. It was not just somthing that the 501st decieded to do.

hey guys first post. as an actual current serving marine. that use of current uniforms is technically illegal. even if its pants and boot and a diff shirt. by boots i mean the brown suede ones that are currently being used. the reason being is that from the waist down would be authentic military style wear. but if the pants are the new model (digitals) then black boots could be worn to avoid a possible legal debacle. dunno if i'm real clear about what im saying. any questions just send me a message.

tenacioust183 said:
hey guys first post. as an actual current serving marine. that use of current uniforms is technically illegal. even if its pants and boot and a diff shirt. by boots i mean the brown suede ones that are currently being used. the reason being is that from the waist down would be authentic military style wear. but if the pants are the new model (digitals) then black boots could be worn to avoid a possible legal debacle. dunno if i'm real clear about what im saying. any questions just send me a message.
Why is it illegal to wear military bdu?

From a bit of Googling it seems that under Section 771 of Title 10, Subtitle A, Part 2, Chapter 45 of the United States code (viewable here):
Except as otherwise provided by law, no person except a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, as the case may be, may wear—
(1) the uniform, or a distinctive part of the uniform, of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps; or
(2) a uniform any part of which is similar to a distinctive part of the uniform of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps.
There are several exceptions to this which are detailed here. However, none of these seem to cover our particular activity.

However, the army regulations (Army Regulation 670-1 Paragraph 1-12) do go on to define distinctive items as:
<ul>[*] (1) All Army headgear, when worn with insignia.[*] (2) Badges and tabs (identification, marksmanship, combat, and special skill).[*] (3) Uniform buttons (U.S. Army or Corps of Engineers).[*] (4) Decorations, service medals, service and training ribbons, and other awards and their appurtenances.[*] (5) Insignia of any design or color that the Army has adopted.</div>[/list]So as long as you aren't wearing any of those you should be fine. As most of us will just be wearing BDUs this can mostly be disregarded.

Edit:
For those in the UK a similar regulation can be found in the 1894 Uniforms Act:
It shall not be lawful for any person not serving in Her Majesty’s Military Forces to wear without Her Majesty’s permission the uniform of any of those forces, or any dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of any such uniform: Provided that this enactment shall not prevent . . . . . . F1 any persons from wearing any uniform or dress in the course of a stage play performed in a place duly licensed or authorised for the public performance of stage plays, or in the course of a music hall or circus performance, or in the course of any bona fide military representation.
Although a definition of distictive marks is not given in the Act is can be assumed that insignia is required to complete the uniform so the previous conclusion applies here in the UK.

The rule is primarily in place to prevent impersonators from popping up, so, for example, I would get arrested for impersonating Gen. Patrious (or however you spell his name), but if I was walking around saying that I am Corporal *INSERT NAME HERE* of the UNSC Marine Corp., no one would give a flying ****. The goverment mostly just doesn't want us giving the soldiers bad rep.

We consulted a National Guardsman about this rule at a Scout (STFU) meeting about a year ago. From what I can understand, I think the rule is that you can wear military BDU's, both digitized and otherwise, as long as there are no markings representing country, squad, division, name, etc, etc.

A direct usage in the scale I proposed a while back would more than likely be illegal, but just buying a set of urban digital BDUs for use in your armor won't get you in trouble, and neither should saying that you are a Corporal in the UNSCMC.

BUNGie and Microsoft, on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back