Regiment membership - please all read

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
I'm noticing a great deal of people who qualify to be part of a Regiment (ie: Type B Membership with 50 posts and 90 days) but have not yet been added.

Please take a moment to let us know here if you wish to be added and we'll get that taken care of for you.

So, what is a Regiment?

The 405th is more than an online community, we also work to connect Halo cosplayers in Real Life through our local “Regiments” which allow members to meet other people in their area who share their passions. Basically, a Regiment is a locally organized chapter of the wider 405th. The local Regiments are designed to allow people to meet, get to know, and work with other Halo Cosplayers in their area. These local Regiments provide a sense of Identity and Community to members and give them a space to call their own.

Additionally, the 405th participates in many events around the globe, from Game Releases, Conventions, and even Minor League Baseball games, and these Local Regiments allow us to professionally organize these events, look out for our members in attendance at these events, and put forward the best face for both the 405th and the Halo Franchise as a whole.

What does it take to join a regiment?

Membership in a regiment is an entirely voluntary process. The Armory (The New File Archive) and all sections of the Forum, except for the local regiment sections, are open to any Registered Forum Member. You do not need to join a Regiment to download files, post in the costume creation sections, or show off your build.

However, if a member decides to take the next step and join a regiment and get more involved with local fellow 405th members, they must first make sure that their account is more than 90 days old and that they have over 50 posts. This demonstrates that the member is committed to actively participating with the 405th Organization. Once a member has 50 posts on an account that is over 90 days old, they then post in this thread and request to be added to their local Regiment.

The Regimental Membership Officer, or RMO, for that Regiment is responsible for checking this thread and confirming that the member meets the requirements and belongs in their Regiment. At that time the local RMO will then give the go ahead in a special thread in the Regimental Command Staff Section for the member to be added to the Regiment.

How do you know which Regiment is your local regiment?

The current Regiments are:
Australia – Covering Australia
Canadian – Covering Canada
Colonial – Covering Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
European – Covering Europe including the British Isles and ending at the Russian border.
Midwest -Covering Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin
Mountain – Covering Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming.
New Zealand – Covering New Zealand
Pacific – Covering California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Hawaii
Southern – Covering Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Southwest – Covering Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.
Regimiento de Mexico: Mexico, Central America and South America - (Cubriendo México, América Central y América del sur)
Singapore - Covering Singapore

(Additional, 4-2-2017)
I posted in this thread, but I am still not in a Regiment. What do I do?

If you have not heard back from your Local RMO after posting on this thread, your first step should be to contact them. If you do not hear back from your local RMO, the next step should be to contact your local RCO. If your local RCO does not respond to you, then you should bring it to the attention of Division Staff Member, such as FANGS or Cadet and we will look into the issue.

Do understand that all Division and Regimental Officers are only volunteers doing this in their free time, and real life issues may distract them and keep them away from the Forum from time to time.

Last edited:
I do not think I qualify yet, but stand by for my request. On a different note, is there a forum where we can submit suggestions for the site itself? Like a suggestions box?

Upvote 0
I do not think I qualify yet, but stand by for my request. On a different note, is there a forum where we can submit suggestions for the site itself? Like a suggestions box?

Upvote 0
You need 50 posts and 90 days. You are past the 90 days but have 26 posts. Once you hit 50 you can be added.

Upvote 0
So, first I am sorry I haven't posted a build thread, but I swear I will make one and start working on my armor, when the school and grades end. I am feeling a little guilty and I am nevertheless kindly asking for permission to join the European Regiment.

Upvote 0

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back