Site Suggestion Box

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by Lieutenant Jaku, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Lieutenant Jaku

Lieutenant Jaku Well-Known Member

there was no good thread for this so I made one. we need an official site suggestion thread.
    but the thing I have noticed is although we cant respond to other regiment threads, there doesn't seem to be any reason we shouldn't be able to like other regiment threads, and was wondering if we might get this sometime in the future.

Dirtdives likes this.
  2. FANGS

FANGS Commanding Officer Community Staff Division Staff

I was actually thinking of that the other day. I'm going to talk to the Regiment Staff to see how they feel but we have purposely set up those private areas for each Regiment so that Regiment only discussions could happen so there really is no reason for people not to be able to respond to threads in the general Regiment areas, even if it isn't their Regiment. Let me get back to you on that one.

Dirtdives likes this.
  3. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO 405th Regiment Officer

Other random suggestion, <strike>strikethrough</strike> text.

Dirtdives and Lieutenant Jaku like this.
  4. Sean Anwalt

Sean Anwalt RCO 405th Regiment Officer

In the armory, I would like to have a picture of the piece next to the download link so one can see what the piece looks like prior to downloading it.

Dirtdives and Lieutenant Jaku like this.
  5. Asgardianhammer

Asgardianhammer Identity Officer Division Staff 405th Regiment Officer

Sean Anwalt There are thumbnails below. I don't believe the forum platform that we are on will allow for the part to be displayed next to the name of the piece. Also the download now gives you everything zipped in a complete set so you are not downloading individual files any longer.

6. Sean Anwalt

Awesome. I'll need to look over it again.

Dirtdives likes this.
  7. FANGS

Just as a note to the first request - I have spoken to Art. He is unable to look in to the changes I've requested at this time but as soon as he can we will be working through the changes I'm requesting.

Lieutenant Jaku and Dirtdives like this.
  8. foxleader

foxleader Well-Known Member

well I got one, and its one that was brought up over three years ago but here it is again... CHAT ROOM, now I know theirs a app called Line which has all the bells and whistles, I don't know if we can use it for the 405th chat room or not, because it would make things a little easier for us at cons when we can use it to send out messages to just those guys post photos which can be uploaded by another member and even video chat if need be.

Lieutenant Jaku likes this.
  9. Lieutenant Jaku

Im not sure what we would really need this for besides videochat, since the whoule site is basically a big chat room.

10. FANGS

I appreciate the suggestion foxleader but a chat room isn't going to be added here. There is Facebook for quick communication as well as the 405th Discord channel which is rarely used.

11. Lieutenant Jaku

where would the link for that be? ive never heard of a 405th discord before

12. FANGS

13. FANGS

We now have the ability to respond to threads in any Regiment!

Those of you who are a part of Regiments know that each Regiment has two parts. One is closed and for Regiment members only, and the other is open to anyone on the 405th. Until now, "open" meant that anyone could read but you couldn't respond in a thread and you couldn't start a new topic.

While it remains that you cannot start a new thread in a Regiment you are not a member of, you can now reply to threads in any Regiment's open area regardless of whether or not you are a member of that Regiment or any Regiment at all! So please take some time to check out other Regiments!

Any questions?

14. Lieutenant Jaku

how can we tell if threads are open or closed

15. FANGS

If the area is closed, you won't see it at all, except in your own Regiment. It's at the top and will say, for example, "Colonial Regiment - Members Only". It really is only used for election stuff at the moment.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Sean Anwalt and Lieutenant Jaku like this.
  16. TurboCharizard

Interesting quirk I've found since I went and tried out the Pacific Regiment area.

I can comment, quote and reply but the like option for posts isn't available.

17. Dirtdives

Dirtdives Sr Member

Why can't we like something in other Regiments threads? We can post......Isn't liking something just as important?

18. TurboCharizard

Probably just a permission that needs to be enabled. Don't mind me, I'm just here for the bug bounty.

19. FANGS

Thanks for letting me know about the liking thing. Probably just a separate permission. I'll let Art but it will likely be awhile before he can get to that request.

20. Dirtdives

Dirtdives Sr Member

Thanks.......want to give credit where credit is due.

21. FANGS

Likes should be fixed. Let me know if it isn't.

22. TurboCharizard

I liked a thing. Thanks FANGS and Art Andrews for allowing me to chat up even more sections of the forum.

23. Dirtdives

Dirtdives Sr Member

You mean derail more sections of the forum right? ;) Cuse I'm there also.

24. Sean Anwalt

Thanks a lot, FANGS and Art Andrews! Now he can chat up even more sections of the forum!

Bahaha burst kidding. I also have already enjoyed the experience posting and liking in other regiments can bring.

Dirtdives likes this.