retarded decision, or just a really stupid over reaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvb18

ok, alexspartan 177 was banned recently. why? some say he cursed, i checked. he did not. others say he started a "hate thread". well if you look at the OP he says the thread is not a hate thread but instead is to discuss the topic. if it turned into a hate thread it was only from the members who posted the hate. i see no point in banning someone for either no reason or over a stupid thread that turned bad. also, at least the thread was all one sided and no flame war. so tell me. WTF is up?

Edit: Magnum, I've cursed on this forum and so has hundreds more, so stop profiling Alex

ok, alexspartan 177 was banned recently. why? some say he cursed, i checked. he did not. others say he started a "hate thread". well if you look at the OP he says the thread is not a hate thread but instead is to discuss the topic. if it turned into a hate thread it was only from the members who posted the hate. i see no point in banning someone for either no reason or over a stupid thread that turned bad. also, at least the thread was all one sided and no flame war. so tell me. WTF is up?

Edit: Magnum, I've cursed on this forum and so has hundreds more, so stop profiling Alex

I don't think it was that I think it was because he blocked out most of the letters of a curse in the blog that was deleted.
Though I'm not taking any sides and there may be other reasons why.

Hate thread or not, he talked about a person in a negative manner.

Yes, no matter how much we "Hate" a person, doesn't give us the right to smite him in public. (That's what we have facebook for.) But we do not tolerate such threads or behavior towards other people here on the 405th.

not that I have anything against the mods but I find it annoyingly contradictory when they have smiles at the end of their sentences where they lock something or say that they're swinging the "*** hammer"(banhammer)....

especially in the case of our friend alex......

if you're gonna be a bann'in you might as say GTFO because we don't like you for the moment instead of say'in the sentence and putting the dang-gom smilies....

I've said my peace....

amen man!

Magnum........I be it was just alex right? I mean since he started it right? and all the others got just a "little" talk?

also the "hate" thread talk has to be some joke I don't know about right? I mean we're talking about Justin Bieber here not the founder of our site............

also who's complaining aobut the site as a whole as in "I'm tired of our site....mud"? I don't understand?

I don't think it was that I think it was because he blocked out most of the letters of a curse in the blog that was deleted.
Though I'm not taking any sides and there may be other reasons why.

I believe this is the correct answer.

Cursing is against the rules, has been for a very long time, and since so many people are blatantly ignoring that rule despite repeated warnings there will now be repercussions involved.

Alex has been given warnings about cursing before and continues to do it. Single letter censoring is essentially the same thing as cursing and will not be tolerated as such.

It's a pretty simple rule guys, just choose another word! There are plenty of words in the English language to choose from without having to use one that will get you warned/temp banned/ perma banned.

Like I said, he was reported for both times. Meaning, ANOTHER FORUM MEMBER reported him. If you or even I was reported for such an offense, I would expect the other mods to take the same action against me or anyone else. Now, if you'd like to keep this whining up, I'm sure we can find some cheese for those of you complaining.

@rvb18, usually when I see people cursing I just edit it out myself(like I've done with your posts quite a few times), but it's become too much of a problem not to punish you guys for it. Like I said in the 'Why can't we curse thread' awhile back, either deal with it and don't curse or find another forum to do it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back