Rideicons Warthog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, another warthog. Awesome! I like your method for the body panels; it should come out pretty nice.

I noticed a discussion on drivetrain/suspension. Just stick with the normal stuff. In the game, the 'hog is powered by a hydrogen generator which supplies power to four electric hub motors. Not exactly practical at the current level of that tech.

Good luck with this project. Is it going to be the standard chaingun 'hog?

Wow! how on earth did i miss this thread! brilliant work so far RideIcon. The end product is shaping up to be amazing!
For the turret, may i suggest using an M61 Vulcan
You could make it detachable. Or you could just make the passenger hog, which would be pretty cool for conventions, you can fit more people in it :D

When you finish this... you should send a picture to bungie asking for a license plate saying Officially, My other car is a warthog.

Its looking wonderful.. Keep us posted man that is all I ask.

No replica weapons on vehicles certainly poses a problem. You might be able to get away with the gauss cannon, but I'd rather see the troop transport version. You can carry more people/friends/Marines. And if you make the rear seat removable, you could have a sweet looking truck.

so your gonna put a 350 in the jeep...and no accurate suspension? are you gonna have 4 wheel steer? if so my sugestion for 4 wheel steer, leave the solid front dana 30 and get another one put the second dana 30 in the rear. the drive shaft will be at an angle but that shouldnt be a big deal. maybe a double cordon joint and a slip yoke eliminator. what size tires are you gonna use? 35s? 38s? maybe go with 4:56 gears or 4:88s. 4:88s will need a new case. you would also have to do hydraulic steering. just something to think about.
EDIT: one more thing, remember the jeep cherokee has a unibody. the frame and the cab are one in the same. cut the cab off and you severely weaken the whole thing. might have to gusset and reenforce. WILL if you go all the way down.

It's Hell Jumper's job being part of the Q&A Team to give advise and assist those in their field of knowledge. It was mearly a suggestion by a fellow 405ther.

You do your Warthog how you want to, it's your Hog.

As Hell Jumper said before. If you want to argue or whatever, take it to PMs so you dont get warned out here on the boards. Capeish?

Honor. Armor. Unity.

Carry on.

Few posts cleaned up, sorry for editing your post Kelly. To the OP, glad you've started on such an ambitious project. Kelly is right about the advice though. We would never tell folks how to do their projects, just sometimes give a little friendly advice that you may or may not want to take. So constructive critiques should be responded to as just friendly comments. -Sigma

No problemo mi amigo.

RideIcon: I'll let this post sit till your thread gets back on track and then i'll delete it ok? I hop eyou have some more pictures for us too ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely get a helmet RideIcon. Will save your eyes. But it is a pretty light isn't it!?? :D Don't know how many times I've welded without a helm and seen that blue light dance before my eyes for hours.

It's looking good. Keep after it.

Good job dood, but yeah.. get a helmet. At LEAST go to Big Lots and get those cheap googles. I once borrowed some googles at work with the auto dimming feature, and welded for about 6 hours before I realized that there was an "on/off" switch on them. My eyes were stinging sore, and looked AWESOME.. :) but yeah I had to get my glasses prescription changed shortly afterwards... I can only assume that was related.

Yes helmet good... Looking at a weld arc, not good.

Also, about the gun not being allowed in CA.. How about you make the Civilian version ??
Does yellow and big chrome wheels sound good??

I've got a welding helmet that i could give you..its not the greatest..and it doesnt have the head rest piece *the piece that fits over your head* but it is a welding helmet and its better than frying your eyes...also I don't know when i could send it

CPU64 said:
Yes helmet good... Looking at a weld arc, not good.

Also, about the gun not being allowed in CA.. How about you make the Civilian version ??
Does yellow and big chrome wheels sound good??

*deh deh duh duh duhleh lel leh deh deh duh*

154028halo_2004-01-20_15-06-28-92.JPG

realy lookin forward to seeing this one finished

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back