Roll Call!

NobleofDeath16

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S511
Name: Jacob or Sweed
Costuming since: this is my first time building but I’ve cosplayed in the past in high school.
About me: Ever since my first convention in 2015 I’ve been in awe of the cosplay communities and I’ve always wanted to be part of it. My first cosplay idea was my destiny hunter, but my 15 year old self wasn’t up to the task.
Favorite Con: Dallas Fan Expo
Costume/Props: I’ve been building a halo 4 master chief for the past three months and have painted it to look like Church from Red vs Blue. I’ve also built a magnum and hopefully will have a sniper rifle sometime soon?
Welcome, Sweed! We can't wait to see all your progress on your chief. Whats your next part you are crafting out for it?

MrJamin

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
Well the armor is all done, I’d like to build a sniper rifle but I’m looking in on how to do that
Here is a pretty decent thread about making one from foam and other materials:

Morphumax

Name: Michael Crane
Costuming Since: I haven't, actually, but I'd like to start! (That's why I'm here lol)
About Me: I am finishing my Freshman year (as of Spring 2021) at IUPUI with a major in mechanical engineering. My main interests are Transformers and Halo (obviously lol). I've been collecting Transformers for practically all my life.
Favorite Cons: I don't typically go to conventions, but my favorite one I've been to was Outpost Discovery, where I discovered this forum from the panel there. I somehow forgot and now here I am!
Costumes/Props: None so far. I'd like to start, but I don't really have the confidence to do so on my own.

I've always kinda struggled with making friends, and I thought that in joining this forum I'd finally find some people with common interests. I was hopefully looking for someone near me to teach me how to build a suit and help me along the way :)

Fallen

Member DIN
S922
I've always kinda struggled with making friends, and I thought that in joining this forum I'd finally find some people with common interests. I was hopefully looking for someone near me to teach me how to build a suit and help me along the way :)

Welcome! We do have some members out of IN, and there are plenty of people on the forums who are more than happy to help you get started or answer any questions you have. I'd suggest you take a look at the Halo Costume Tutorials section of the forums begin. Also, we have a Discord where you can ask questions and share updates on whatever you're working on (or just come hang out with us).

Morphumax

Welcome! We do have some members out of IN, and there are plenty of people on the forums who are more than happy to help you get started or answer any questions you have. I'd suggest you take a look at the Halo Costume Tutorials section of the forums begin. Also, we have a Discord where you can ask questions and share updates on whatever you're working on (or just come hang out with us).
Cool, thanks so much!! Is there an easy place to find templates and such? And out of curiosity, how practical/easy is it to 3D print the armor?

Cadet

Executive Officer
Division Staff
Community Staff
Member DIN
S111
Cool, thanks so much!! Is there an easy place to find templates and such? And out of curiosity, how practical/easy is it to 3D print the armor?
If you check out the Tutorial section that Megan linked you to, you will see that all templates for Pep and Foam can be found sorted by game, faction, and armor set in the File Armory, located here:

3D Printing Files made available for free to the community can be found here:

Multiple members have created fully 3D printed suits, so, it is practical, but as for easy? Like all methods, no one build technique is inherently superior, easier, or accurate than another. Each has its pros and cons, things that make it comparatively more difficult and also easier than another style and at the end of the day depends on the user skill level and personal preference.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.