Rundowns files hub ANNOUNCEMENT + teaser

Status
Not open for further replies.
rundown said:
video tracing :pI made a .gif of the reference pictures of the 1/4 scale bust of hottoys so that it was animated.

There were enough pictures to make the program believe that it could make the model turn with it. kinda took me some time to figure that out.

I checked after that was done on the trailer and it fits like a glove. Just some small sections need to be edited.

I dabble in modeling, and want to advance my skills and knowledge.

So im asking, whats video tracing?

Last edited by a moderator:
A_Guardian said:
I dabble in modeling, and want to advance my skills and knowledge.

So im asking, whats video tracing?

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYI5rHLpYFs[/flash]

this explains briefly what video tracing is. And since this isnt out yout i had to make it work somehow on my own in blender.

So what i did was i made a .gif and opened that in voodoo (trace program so you can put 3d models in real scene's)

so i traced that and let it run wile i was 3d modeling. My 3d model turned with the video so i could easely adjust it.

You cant get it any more acurate with manual modeling! I wish i had a 3d scanner tho.

rundown said:
[flash]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYI5rHLpYFs[/flash]

this explains briefly what video tracing is. And since this isnt out yout i had to make it work somehow on my own in blender.

So what i did was i made a .gif and opened that in voodoo (trace program so you can put 3d models in real scene's)

so i traced that and let it run wile i was 3d modeling. My 3d model turned with the video so i could easely adjust it.

You cant get it any more acurate with manual modeling! I wish i had a 3d scanner tho.

Do you know which program he used?

Jico said:
Do you know which program he used?

he used video tracing 1.0 wich isnt out yet. It is in development by the google company.

I recreated this using blender and voodo.

Spartan 051 said:
so no maya for this build

no maya :pjust me figured out how to use a technique that hasnt has a program that is availabel yet.

As you can't receive any PMs, I thought I'd share this here instead. Please let me know if this is inappropriate and I will remove it.

I just wanted to say thank you for your support in my Jorge thread. I really appreciate it coming from you, seeing our little "debate" earlier about stealing and stuff. I am really happy that you don't hold a grudge, as you are hands down the single person that have taught me the most on this site, both by your direct advice to me or indirect by just posting things all over.

Just to be totally clear, when I did question you saying that guy was stealing, I never meant for it to be insulting of your work in any way. I know I can come off rather rude even when I don't really mean it. I respect and admire what you do, and hope that I can continue learning from you as I have done in the past. Thank you for everything you do.

Take care.

Ace

AceHigh said:
As you can't receive any PMs, I thought I'd share this here instead. Please let me know if this is inappropriate and I will remove it.

I just wanted to say thank you for your support in my Jorge thread. I really appreciate it coming from you, seeing our little "debate" earlier about stealing and stuff. I am really happy that you don't hold a grudge, as you are hands down the single person that have taught me the most on this site, both by your direct advice to me or indirect by just posting things all over.

Just to be totally clear, when I did question you saying that guy was stealing, I never meant for it to be insulting of your work in any way. I know I can come off rather rude even when I don't really mean it. I respect and admire what you do, and hope that I can continue learning from you as I have done in the past. Thank you for everything you do.

Take care.

Ace

Never was angry or anything ;) people can debate sometimes. and your welcome for the reply i made. Sometimes its just to mutch.Just had to say it.

Rundown, let me just say thank you. The modelers around here don't get enough credit. I am familiar with the software used, I do solid modeling (solidworks, NX 4.0+) and know just how hard surface modeling is. I have also seen some work with software similar to what you have done with the war machine. Props sir. You do an excellent job. Wish I could say more that would convey just how much your work is appreciated and how much it astounds. To do the full reach suit is phenomenal. Thanks for giving it to us. I wish people respected your work more! Just wanted to say thanks and look forward to the next piece of art that you do. Chapeau sir!!

I was just wondering how the War Machine helmet is coming along. Please let me know when it's available. I'm very interested in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back