Ruze's Rube Odst *pic Heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the paint job! I am a huge fan of the 'license' lettering and numbers painted on it, I was thinking of doing the same on mine. I need to get to paint stage first though LOL.

@Ruze, Nice paint. You can counter sink the posts into the plastic so that when tight, even if there is a bit of material build up, the visor pulls down to the plastic tight. Then again your wall thickness must be able to support this.

@cpl. Ardias vespasian.... Rube Vac-Formed his visors, Link, and Sean Bradley do also.

This has got to be one of the most AMAZING ODST helmets I have ever seen on this site. It competes with the Weta Helmet even. It looks absolutley amazing. Be careful though. The police might come to your house to ask you why you stole the helmet from Weta's workshop. lol

Superb Job... 20093 Stars out of 5.

This is likely one of the most beautiful WETA ODST helmets I've seen. It honestly does compete (and in my opinion, overtakes) the true-blue WETA version. And if I didn't recognize Rube's handiwork to begin with, I'd say you DID beat up one of the WETA actors for their helmet. :lol

Congratulations to you for your outstanding work, and to the Rube for making (personal opinion) one of the best ODST helmet cores I've ever seen. Two great artist making one incredible piece. I see all these different kinds of weathering effects but most of it is the scraped steel look. I like this one as it is more of a chipped look.

Hey Ruze, what reference did you use for your decals? I'm trying to design some at the moment to get cut but, I'm having a bit of trouble finding good images

(beautiful paint work btw :D )

Spase said:
@Ruze, Nice paint. You can counter sink the posts into the plastic so that when tight, even if there is a bit of material build up, the visor pulls down to the plastic tight. Then again your wall thickness must be able to support this.

Thanks for the tip! Didn't even occur to me to countersink.

Shade said:
Weta Style = :)

I agree entirely, I still love the Weta suit after all this time and have started planning a full and 99ish% accurate build.

NZ-TK said:
Hey Ruze, what reference did you use for your decals? I'm trying to design some at the moment to get cut but, I'm having a bit of trouble finding good images

(beautiful paint work btw :D )

Thanks a bunch!

The pics I used I got from all over - screenshots and a lot of harder to find pics I found from the deep recesses of the web. I can send them along to you later when I get to my home PC. I also should still have a MS Visio drawing I made and used for my paint, it's got all the different decals on it. I can reformat to jpg and send that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers mate, I've got most of them kind of sorted now but, I'm still looking for a good pic of the circular one, you've done yours as a circle with a dot, and "nac" beside it. Is there photo reference of that part somewhere? I don't want to be a dirty thief and copy your one :)

[attachment=13246:sidecircle.jpg]

I seriously cannot go a day without looking at this thread, that really is an amazing paint jobe dude. It rivals that of anyone out there. It is absolutley AMAZING

Ruze789 said:
Several months ago I was lucky enough to get one of Rube's incredible ODST helmets, and after months of on-and-off work I've finally nearly finished working on it. I did the paintjob to match T Rymarr's helmet as closely as I could, I tried to get all the major damage spots and unique marks. Rymarr's helmet is the one that Bungie has, so all pics from Bungie tours feature this one. Eventually I got tired of matching spots and scratches and kind of fudged it.

It was painted with the layered method, I've got 4 layers of rattle-can paint on here. Primer base coat; Silver and then mask the silver; Dark gray auto primer then mask the dark gray, then flat black.

Visor is attached with binding posts so it's easily removed, as are the chin straps.

All I have left to do is some light surface damage to scuff it up, trim the strap down, interior paint, and padding.

ODSTHelmet-02Front.jpg

ODSTHelmet-03FrontLeft.jpg

ODSTHelmet-04FrontLeft.jpg

ODSTHelmet-05BackLeft.jpg

ODSTHelmet-06Back.jpg

ODSTHelmet-07BackRight.jpg

ODSTHelmet-08Right.jpg

ODSTHelmet-09FrontRight.jpg

ODSTHelmet-01Top.jpg

ODSTHelmet-Detail01.jpg

ODSTHelmet-Detail02.jpg

ODSTHelmet-Detail03.jpg

ODSTHelmet-Me.jpg

And the Weta one for comparison's sake:

ODSTHelmet-WetaCompare.jpg

How did you make the Visor , it's so accurated to the game one , that really impressive , very well job .

Epic work Ruze! That paint job really brings out the full awesomeness of the helmet.

One question though, what did you use to mask off the silver paint to create the scratches?

Again, awesome work!

Super-Ang said:
What kind of visor is that? It seems like it is used a lot, not a bad thing though, it looks damn good!

Super-Ang

Versinke said:
How did you make the Visor , it's so accurated to the game one , that really impressive , very well job .

I got the visor with the helmet, but Rube no longer sells the helms or visors. you can contact Link or Sean Bradley on here, they both have visors.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Epic work Rube! That paint job really brings out the full awesomeness of the helmet.

One question though, what did you use to mask off the silver paint to create the scratches?

Again, awesome work!

Assuming you mean Ruze there... and thanks! Glad I did rube's work justice.

I use Winsor & Newton Colourless Art Masking Fluid for the masking, I apply it with wooden craft sticks but I'm going to switch to rubber wedge brushes next time.

Here's what I use: Masking Fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back