Sabre ODST W.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Sabre, very cool! That pep job is better than mine! It got cold here too in Atlanta, actually it's fluxing back and forth with not much predictability so I've been stalled on working on this stuff :/

@GrimCW: you can find all of my ODST files on my thread. (link in signature)

It seriously took me weeks to complete it, not that it is hard...just I am slow.

Hugh - no way better then yours...but thank you :) I have seen yours complete so I am trying to do the creator proud. Send me a mail when you get time. I think I might have come up with a way to join front and back for wearing where no velcro or any form of connection would show :D

Road Kill - you are too kind sir...I have seen your work also ;)

GrimCW - As Hugh said...follow the link in his sig. Just about everything and ODST would want is there.

I would really like to see your set up. The velcro on mine was a temp idea to hold the two halves together, I quickly found out how much that idea sucked :/

Currently, I secure the halves with parachute buckles. Two on the top of the shoulders (which the nylon straps run over) and two on the sides under the rib pads. It works really well, I just have to force my girlfriend to armor me up every other day it seems, which she is not really excited about... haha

I think I may be the slowest Pep builder around...but finally got another piece ready for resin. Here is my ODST Chest Core, modeled and designed by Hugh. If weather holds, should be able to get a few coats of resin and maybe glass on it this week. Front is all glued together, back is being held together by a ton of binder clips but will be finished completely tomorrow.

016.jpg

I think that you're the 2nd slowest.....

I say that 'cuze I take a little over 2 months to make a helmet and low def weapons....while high def objects take almost 4 months.

ALSO!..nice ODST chest pep

So another update. I know I am moving super slow, but hey...at least I am moving :) After 3 attempts I finally made a helmet that actually fits me. Below are pics right after pep was finished with the first layer of resin (seams only) on it. I expect to put another coat of resin on the outside and once that is dry glass the inside tomorrow. Then after another layer of glass and about 4 more layers of resin on the outside I think I should be ready for the sand, bondo, detail and clean phase on monday. I know the pep file below is the low res version (Thank you Kirrou for the pep file) but I wanted to try my hand at detailing by hand via the bondo and a lot of sanding and cutting. Ok..here are the pics.

003.jpg

004.jpg

And last but definitely not least, here is my addition to the pint sized warrior brigade (wearing her own helm).

002.jpg

That's awesome! I want to make my girl an odst helmet too. How hard was it to scale her?

I'm not doing halo helms, but I do have a gundam head I sized way wrong that'll fit my 9 month old. Should I post a pic of Baby Gundam!

Hey man, It's not about how fast you pep, it's about accuracy. I take my time, Idon't like to screw up and I just had to re-pep my sixth shin which is a Jorge by Rhinoc I think. It pepped with the numbers inside, crazy right? Your peps look great, nice and clean. How many times did you pep the chest to get the right size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back