San Diego HALO Fan Film !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are far past any worries from outsiders. For the shere fact that its a nonprofit fan film, they wont shut us down no matter the costs.

If you havent seen Grayson check it out on the net.

Watch the behind the scenes, it cost 25000 mostly because of film costs, but still thats a great examnple for all filmmakers.

But we have organised it so there are no worries.

The Pillar of Autumn arrived and it looks good.

We decided to incorporate CG effects with the the model to make for more exciting look.

That said we are working with an artist but if you would like to tackle the project of some CG animation for our film hit me up. PM me ASAP.

We are waiting on a few props still then we will construct our sets.

A teaser is coming soon so stand by for that.

you mean you're shooting in HD at 24fps, not 24p right?

Also, did you get all the costumes you needed?

i want to meet u at comic con, im coming down for the whole weekend, so maybe i can set up something if i meet u there, where we can talk about me coming and helping during some of the summer, other breaks or weekends

Wow big responce. Thanks link i know your working hard thanks for the update.

Anyone can work on it, but just so you all know we plan on shooting when all the props are in, so it could be next week, it could be next month.

We want to start shooting non character parts by the end of the month now, however the issue is that we cant leave sets up for extended periods of time so we will be setting up and knocking down within days of the shoot.

We will try and promote our movie at a glance at comicon this year so look out for us, we wont be any big booth but we will be walking around with master chief.

We will be taking donations as well.

And we are shooting 24p meaning 24fps at a progressive scan rate, however we might switch to 30p in 1080i mode because we had two camera at higher rates donated to us.

Sweet, Im in as long as I get my license and schedule worked out. Although doing it before Halo 3 release seems a bit sudden. We will see. I do live California, so its not too far away from me.

Man we have been in preproduction for a while now so nothing is sudden but we want to release it either right before or righ after halo 3.

So i had a production meeting tonight with some of the major crew and a professor costume designer for theater and film to get some ideas.

We have decided to customize our armor to make it "Movie Armor", basically its not going to be the same armor you see in the games.

Also a reason for this is the use of Westerfield Studios armor with is pieces riveted together, not whole molded pieces.

Its okay though because we made since of it all.

You see when you put armor on it doesnt just appear on you and some of MC's armor had to be locked on or welded together (temoporarily of course) but you see my point it hasnt always been on him, he can take it off.

That said we are also not sending this millions of years in the future (it also keeps production costs down) so we will be putting plastic locking buckles on parts of the armor to give it the look as if it was indeed worn and not grown into. Nilon straps as well.

For the underarmor we are still reasearcing but looks like we will go with the classic uni-tard spandex body suit, with "underarmor" pieces including a soft foam underarmor chest and back armor piece used in football. It looks cool i got it from one of the forum posts. We will also sew on pieces of foam that upholterers use for the foam in your automobile. Unique i know but it has the texture you see in the game.

We decided on this because a wet suit just cant be worn for extensive periods of time where as spandex can. We need to shoot for long periods due to location sets.

So that is a plan for now, again production on sets and filming will begin once all props and costumes are completed.

Later.
JR

Nah im not contacting them directly, i dont wanna get shut down for having a plan you know. I wanna get shut down for having a freaking awesome movie.

Well, Chewdog, if you need any help syncing your audio with your video, I am your man. That is one of my most time consuming things because I am a perfectionist when it comes to that. Hit me up on skype (emnity) if you want to talk to me about it. Or MSN (reaper1500@yahoo.com).

Not really, i have tried but Im really not all that good at the other parts rather than just finding the sounds and syncing them up. I haven't really had time because generally I am filming, editing, and producing every one of my videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back