Savvytanks Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sniperbaas392 said:
I think you have a mighty fine helmet, sir. ;)

Nice job on the sniper goggles too.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you use for the visor?

Cheers

its one of Links visors. i got one for me and one for a friend.

Savvy

Last edited by a moderator:
sierra092 said:
wow, the helmet looks bliss. especially the goggles.

Whats mm did you scale it to?

the helmet is scaled to... what ever the pep file was scaled to. the goggles are a scratch build that i made from Ithicas van cup holder. the goggles are still a little rough but i did make them in about 4 hours at Ithicas on a sper of the moment thing. i got the mold if anyones interested.

Savvy

For the Lenses I might suggest taking a page from your own book, specifically the volume about lightsaber creation and use some kind of translucent ball in place of the plastic.

Then again, if cutting the plastic away isn't your thing, just mask off the area around the lenses and use some of the colored (silver/gold/copper/bronze) chrome spray that I think rustoleum sells. It's very glossy and smooth, and you can always go over the top with some triple-thick crystal glaze to get that depth effect.

*shrugs* just something I've been kicking around in my head.

The helmet looks frakking sweet!

(Blame Battlestar Galactica for that last >.<)

(null).exe said:
For the Lenses I might suggest taking a page from your own book, specifically the volume about lightsaber creation and use some kind of translucent ball in place of the plastic.

Then again, if cutting the plastic away isn't your thing, just mask off the area around the lenses and use some of the colored (silver/gold/copper/bronze) chrome spray that I think rustoleum sells. It's very glossy and smooth, and you can always go over the top with some triple-thick crystal glaze to get that depth effect.

*shrugs* just something I've been kicking around in my head.

The helmet looks frakking sweet!

(Blame Battlestar Galactica for that last >.<)

iv also thought about the super ball thing. but i havent been able to find one the right size or color. im still keeping an eye out for it tho. iv also thought about cutting up some cheap bonoculurs to get the right effect.

Savvy

SavvyTank said:
iv also thought about the super ball thing. but i havent been able to find one the right size or color. im still keeping an eye out for it tho. iv also thought about cutting up some cheap bonoculurs to get the right effect.

Savvy

well sir if you are casting these (and I assume you are) use the brass cold casting powder from reynolds (smooth-on). It will create the mirror effect after a quick sanding from a 250 grit or higher.

BenStreeper said:
well sir if you are casting these (and I assume you are) use the brass cold casting powder from reynolds (smooth-on). It will create the mirror effect after a quick sanding from a 250 grit or higher.

will this only work with the clear plastics or will it work with 320??

Savvy

SavvyTank said:
will this only work with the clear plastics or will it work with 320??

Savvy

Works with all plastics they sell, howevery it will not be see-through if you metalized it sir.

SavvyTank said:
I got a quick paint job done on the helmet. i still need to find a to find a good paint to paint the lenses on the goggles, but this will do for now.

gallery_13695_1202_38397.jpg

[...]

well, tell me what you think.

Savvy

Fantastic work there, Savvy! I love the look on the goggles; adds quite a nice touch to it overall, and really sets it apart from the standard ODST helmet. It's amazing what one can do with a simple found item, such as a vehicle's cup holder. Incredible :D

SPARTAN II said:
Fantastic work there, Savvy! I love the look on the goggles; adds quite a nice touch to it overall, and really sets it apart from the standard ODST helmet. It's amazing what one can do with a simple found item, such as a vehicle's cup holder. Incredible :D

yeah ingenuity. im adding the rack on the top of the helmet today to make it look closer, but i ran out of super glue. so i need to make a run to the store. ill try to get some pics up today before i have to go to work.

Savvy

You already know I think your stuff is awesome, but I'm going to say it again here just for the new helmet pics:

Awesome.

:Attention Stand:

Very very cool $#!T Sir!!

totally impressed by ur skills, can`t wait to see more progress

regards

Psy

Altair651 said:
Do you have a deadline for the armour? And sweet job on the armour so far man!

yes i do. September 21 midnight for both suits. wish me GL.

EvilDorito said:
Thats a fine peice of work. what did you use to make the guantlets??? there absolutely perfect.

i used craft foam and rubber flooring mats. ill see if i can find a pic of it being made.

Altair651 said:
Well good luck :)

thank you sir.

well because people have been asking me how i made the gantlets i have scrounged up a pic of it not finished.

gallery_13695_1425_29243.jpg

its made from craft foam, flooring mats and rivets.

hope this helps

Savvy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back