Sean Anwalt's Halo 4/5 Master Chief build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily better, but not dead, so that's good....

Thanks for the compliment! I'm still just a little stumped about how to get that top center piece to fit better...... I know I can do better than that!

Looks awesome man!! Only thing I can say in terms of your stumped point. One thing Angelegend does not really do in the videos that has help me tremendously is measuring every single piece and seam into place. It takes 3 times longer and would be hard to film in a tut, but gave me better results once I figured it out. Often with these pepakura foam files there are slight curves and angles on pieces you can't always see when just "assembling" the pieces but if you get really detailed about measuring every piece into place using the pepakura point to point measuring tool, it will come out exactly like your 3d model. I zoom in and look for all those slight curves and bends and reassure with the ruler. Temporary braces help me a lot too if a piece of foam wants to keep growing it's curve back out too. But yeah I literally use that point to point tool in pepaura like my life depends on it. Measure every gap, angle, seam, distance, flange, transition, and edge. Literally every single piece, it can be maddening!! Those 3 vent things on top of my helmet seriously took 6 hours! Hahaha

Not necessarily better, but not dead, so that's good....

Thanks for the compliment! I'm still just a little stumped about how to get that top center piece to fit better...... I know I can do better than that!

Well you can go 1 of 3 routes to fix this:

1) Cut it out and replace w/ new piece.
2) Cover it w/ some craft foam.
3) Leave it and suffer w/ your incompetence...

If I can suffer w/ my own stupidity in building multiple helmets.......I say let others suffer as well. Misery makes for good company. :D

3) Leave it a suffer w/ your incompetence...

If I can suffer w/ my own stupidity in building multiple helmets.......I say let others suffer as well. Misery makes for good company. :D
Hahaha Dirtdives I love your style!! #3 priceless!! You forgot #4 though. Do what I do, rebuild it 5 times!!! Haha

Dam it......new format doesn't have the new "Dislike" tab yet.........
pToAEbGnc.jpg

3) Leave it and suffer w/ your incompetence...

I personally always choose #1. You wouldn't belive how many times I've had to do surgery on my ODST. Even on my Monster Hunter build I've had to do some reconstructive surgery to adjust the fit or imporvoe the look.

If you want to go w/ some texture on that part.......maybe do it yourself after the piece is in place? Score a design and heat it a bit. I find trying to level out or match up the textured side very difficult and problematic at best.

Yeah. The texture part wasn't all that bad, but it was pretty stupid. And I cut my finger doing it, which was even more so. I don't usually cut myself, but I guess the stars aligned and drew blood.

Hopefully today i'll have that piece replaced and the backpack started.

Sean Anwalt my man! Noticed you don't use registration marks, or just a line straight down the middle, that would make a world of difference, like dang son, look at the symmetry! Try it, you might just like it, also bomb build so far!

If you're referring to the shadow at the bottom of the torso, it is mostly from the lighting, but there is a little bit of foam that didn't get trimmed the way it needed to, yeah. I will try to touch that up later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back