Sean Anwalt's Halo 4/5 Master Chief build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent a "thing".... Hey now... What happened to being a family friendly site???

Well....there sending a thing....and then there is sending "A Thing"......

Could be just...Thing

giphy-downsized.gif
That would be cool.

Well THAT was more difficult than it need to be! But here it is:
15535833986486663553762241735765.jpg

I also touched up that gaping part in the front as well.

15535834845127594486567022365071.jpg

Almost ready to start filling the seams. Then, assuming it turns out alright, I'm gonna shoe goo it! Yay.

I also did some meaningless detail stuff on the forearms, but I'm too lazy to take pictures of it. So instead I'm going to ask you all just to imagine burnished spectacles of mjolnir perfection. Then I'll post pictures later maybe if I feel like it. :)

Last edited:
Well THAT was more difficult than it need to be! But here it is:
View attachment 267918

I also touched up that gaping part in the front as well.

View attachment 267919

Almost ready to start filling the seams. Then, assuming it turns out alright, I'm gonna shoe goo it! Yay.

I also did some meaningless detail stuff on the forearms, but I'm too lazy to take pictures of it. Do instead I'm going to ask you all just to imagine burnished spectacles of mjolnir perfection. Then I'll post pictures later maybe if I feel like it. :)
This looks fantastic man! Your really making great progress quickly on this build!

Learn from me, shoe goo outside and leave it outside! My house smelled liked it for two days, but it is friggin awesome! Also your build is coming along!
So glad youre liking the shoe goo, it's incredible stuff!! But yes the fumes are very harsh. I wear a respirator when using the stuff for sure. It will certainly gas out your house in no time especially if you lay down a whole tube worth at one time! Haha

Working on the back bottom of the torso and I'm not happy with the level of detail I got... this is it, pre- any real clean up:
20190408_162009.jpg

And this is my reference picture:
Screenshot_20190326-162014_Gallery.jpg

Hmmmmm. Got some work to do!

I'll start by recreating the "locking mechanisms" that are so prevalent all over the place:
15547629362518731940263666387971.jpg

Being angled like this makes it more accurate to my reference photo.
I'm also seeing that there's a plate, kind of flaky, if you will, so i'll recreate that with a foamie... There!
15547630536149016508148300177134.jpg

And then attach everything, making sure to align everything and make things flat, especially the angled portion of the lock.

Ta daaa!
15547639867316992714937874164658.jpg

More updates to come.

Last edited:
ExCeLLuR8 when you apply the shoe goo, do you use a brush or other sort of applicator?
I use disposable gloves and smear it on. Some times you have to "massage" it into place. Then let gravity do the work, it will settle to the lowest point even into cracks and crevasses for the most part. It also helps to keep your gloved hand wiped clean with paper towels to reduce chance of a mess. You can only coat sections at a time with in an armor piece because of how it settles during curing. It also contracts as it cures to so when you put it on it may look like a lot but then it draws down once fully cured. Use a respirator! Fumes are bad

I use disposable gloves and smear it on. Some times you have to "massage" it into place. Then let gravity do the work, it will settle to the lowest point even into cracks and crevasses for the most part. It also helps to keep your gloved hand wiped clean with paper towels to reduce chance of a mess. You can only coat sections at a time with in an armor piece because of how it settles during curing. It also contracts as it cures to so when you put it on it may look like a lot but then it draws down once fully cured. Use a respirator! Fumes are bad
I used it like a glue gun and just passed in lines over the seams :eek:

I hope so. I'm going to try to make this suit indestructable and very wearer friendly so it doesn't crease or flake.
You're on the right track! Backing the seams works well.. coating the whole inside even better! Just depends how much you want to spend on it, time, fumes, and flex you want it to have. Here's how mine looks on the inside. Makes all those little pieces one big piece. Also remember it cures with a very grippy texture, go easy around areas of armor that need to slide on like handhand's through forearm pieces.
20190216_135553.jpg20190216_135313.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back