Sean Anwalt's Halo 4/5 Master Chief build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to try that stuff.
My master chief helmet is s
The shoe goo has been really good to me so far. There are a few places I've gone a little overboard rto help ensure "mob-proof" resistance, (shoulder to bicep attachment), but it seems to be holding up really well. In some places I have used hot glue to fill holes, and others hot glue AND shoe goo. My hope is that this will save some goo and add structural support, since the hot glue doesn't flex as much as the shoe goo.

Definitely messy to work with, so wear gloves along with regular PPE.
yeah buddy!! I couldn't imagine doing these builds without it quite honestly knowing exactly how well it works. Allows me to do different foam detail and not have any doubt of weakness or failure points. Its used to attach netting to fatigues to make ghillie suits. I use to make those for hunting and never had a bust crawling through heavy brush and trees snagging at the burlap and netting. I've used this stuff many years in various hobbies actually, all of which the use was intended to "mob proof" pieces that take abuse and can't break.

Sean Anwalt hurry up! It's looking really good, you should definitely rebuild your Reach with your skills from this build!

Are you insinuating that my Reach suit is not the most spectacular costume you've ever seen!?!? Audacious young whippersnapper....

Haha jk

I have the thighs almost all the way done, just finished the butt- plate, which was kind of fun to build, actually, and should have the codpiece finished hopefully this week. I need to do the helmet, shoes and under suit, and I'm done constructing.
20190429_175202.jpg

20190429_184553.jpg

I just purchased 5 little fans and battery packs from Amazon for like, $7, and intend to put them in the helmet and armor, using rubber tubing to direct airflow around my body to help keep me cool. Here's the link if anyone is interested:

I tried to suit up last night and take a picture, but since I was all alone I couldn't do it. I'll try again later if the wife will help.

No, no, I mean, uh, help me out Dirtdives

Resized_8710_pool-noodle001.gif

Now go write a poem about how awesome my reach suit is, and how even dirtdives can't get you out of this one!

:mad:

Behold! My Spartan thighs! That I, like TurboCharizard before me, may save lives!

I need to touch up the very top surfaces, but I think they look good.

I wasn't happy with some of the left out detail, like the bit that attaches the knee pad to the thigh, so I scratch built it. I think they turned out ok. I'll be adding the little circle lock details at the top part once all the seams are smooth and etc...

Had a lot of seam work to do... do they look ok?
20190501_061523.jpg

Behold! My Spartan thighs! That I, like TurboCharizard before me, may save lives!

I need to touch up the very top surfaces, but I think they look good.

I wasn't happy with some of the left out detail, like the bit that attaches the knee pad to the thigh, so I scratch built it. I think they turned out ok. I'll be adding the little circle lock details at the top part once all the seams are smooth and etc...

Had a lot of seam work to do... do they look ok?
View attachment 269342
Perfect

I am making a helmet out of foam, and it's freaking me out a little bit because, helmets.
So PerniciousDuke TurboCharizard Dirtdives and everyone else, can I have a few critical eyes help me? I'm second guessing myself and it's driving me bonkers.

How are the seams? I haven't sanded them, yet but I'm planning to. Does it look 'puffy'?

20190502_223800.jpg

155685890775222463894969108060.jpg

15568589544655528543181889686885.jpg

I'm sticking with "it's perfectly sized" and "be an optimist!" For the time being.

I am making a helmet out of foam, and it's freaking me out a little bit because, helmets.
So PerniciousDuke TurboCharizard Dirtdives and everyone else, can I have a few critical eyes help me? I'm second guessing myself and it's driving me bonkers.

How are the seams? I haven't sanded them, yet but I'm planning to. Does it look 'puffy'?

View attachment 269488

View attachment 269489

View attachment 269490

I'm sticking with "it's perfectly sized" and "be an optimist!" For the time being.
Looks pretty good! The helmet is turning out great, and the seams dont look like they would be a problem. Looks like in some places your blade may have cut in in a place you didnt want to so you have another seem, but other than that it is just fine. Nothing a little putty or kwickseal or other preferred method wont fix!

Just for clarification, what do you mean by puffy?

Judging by the rest of the armor this helmet is going to be top tier. I dont know why you are second guessing yourself... if anyone should, it would be me second guessing why I havent built one of these myself because you inspire me XD

Looks pretty good! The helmet is turning out great, and the seams dont look like they would be a problem. Looks like in some places your blade may have cut in in a place you didnt want to so you have another seem, but other than that it is just fine. Nothing a little putty or kwickseal or other preferred method wont fix!

Just for clarification, what do you mean by puffy?

Judging by the rest of the armor this helmet is going to be top tier. I dont know why you are second guessing yourself... if anyone should, it would be me second guessing why I havent built one of these myself because you inspire me XD

Thanks, man. I feel like the helmet should look the best out of everything, because a lot of attention goes there, you know?

Sometimes when you make a helmet out of foam the foam looks rounded out between the seams, causing it to look like it was made of marshmallows or something. I just want to avoid that particular look

Count me in as another one that didn't think puffy.

The only thing that I can really comment on is that the central stripe isn't perfectly perpendicular to the brim in the second photo. It could be a matter of camera angles though. Everything is looking awesome in my opinion.

Quick update. I redid the top of the helmet. Here are a few pictures of what I've got. I haven't hit it with any sanding at all, yet, and have a bit more heat forming to do, but I think it looks better.

He it is compared to take 1:
20190505_104727.jpg

Haven't cleaned up the center of the visor, yet.
20190505_104646.jpg

And under the brim. The difference in details of halo 4 vs. Halo 3 is crazy.
20190505_104628.jpg

Welp, double post again. I Am ashamed.

Aaaaaand I'm over it. But what I'm not over is my quality with foam. I'm doing my first ever foam helmet, but I am a bit of a perfectionist, and this is killing me! I need a critic's eye. What do you think?

20190508_175634.jpg

20190508_194753.jpg

Be careful, though! There's a line drawn in pen that isn't square, it's thrusting things off...

This is what I'm using for reference:
Screenshot_20190508-154424_Gallery.jpg

I think it is sooo bad you should quit foqm as it is!

Looking great! The right side of the jaw area in the picture looks like it may be a little higher than the left, and the craftfoam semicircle is a little funky(but that is going to be very hard to make right... maybe use a sharpened brass pipe to hole punch and cut it in half? Still some more detail you have to do but it's looking great and will be phenomenal when done, and even is now!

Thought your reach helm was foam, but this helmet is a mothertrucker, it really does look good man. It shows that you put time in it!

Thanks man! My reach helmet is actually a pepakura build from 2012. This is mt first foam helmet. Thanks for thre compliment!

I think it is sooo bad you should quit foqm as it is!

Looking great! The right side of the jaw area in the picture looks like it may be a little higher than the left, and the craftfoam semicircle is a little funky(but that is going to be very hard to make right... maybe use a sharpened brass pipe to hole punch and cut it in half? Still some more detail you have to do but it's looking great and will be phenomenal when done, and even is now!

Thanks, dash. I am going to need to touch up the center, and the cheeks I'm hoping I'll be able to form into place. I'll try to get that done today after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back