Sean Anwalt's Mk V build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a fan of disney. In a former rant on the subject I stated something along the lines of Disney not giving a hoot for star wars, it's characters, or the fabulous star wars universe created by a unified coalition of fans who created a PLETHORA of books and stories on the subject. Instead, Disney's lazy eyes lolled up to star wars, changed into money signs, and then, giving this amazing and hard- working coalition the biggest bird possible, swallowed the star wars universe and inflated it with unspeakable disappointments such as millenial bad guys who are as deep as a politician's promise and thoughtless writing, deserving nothing more than a quick shuffle to the other side of the street with disdainful look in one's eye.

May those in disney be swiftly and ignominiously placed into their specially reserved spot in a hot and uncomfortable place. Money slobs.

George Lucas, seeing the money signs AND a possible (and well deserved) way to avoid over- zealous nerds bombarding him forever, snatched his creation, Star Wars, kissed it gently on the forehead, and desperately cast it to the glutton of disney, whence there was no going back.

THAT, Dirtdives, is my definition of George Lucas "prostituting" star wars.

HEY! Anyone wanna see a codpiece in a stick shift? No? Oh well.

View attachment 261684
Drove to grandma's house for a thing. Great opportunity for a test drive of the suit.

Mod podge sucks.

I use the 5 sec loctite super glue for initial bonding, which is very strong then I reinforce all my seams from behind with shoe goo. Let me tell ya man, indestructible! Shoe goo can get pricey but worth it. I've used it on many other things over the year and I've never had it bust loose. Whether of shoe soles or anything else. Turns out is bonds very well to Eva foam and it's still flexible. Get it at Walmart in the shoe section. I have a scrap forearm piece laying around that didn't turn out right but it's shoe goo from behide. I try to pull it apart everyday and I still haven't tore it yet. Haha

Looky what I maked!
20181110_222231.jpg

I don't have a 3D printer like a lot of you rich folks. Heck, bills get any higher I'll have to replace my current one with a 1D printer! So I made this out of foam. Kinda free-handed it, and it's not square, but it looks good, so i'll stick with it.

ACHOO!

20181019_071144.jpg

oh! gosh! I'm sorry, that's gross, what a mess. I'm sorry, excuse me, here, lemme clean that up a little bit...
15420035688493743136464195155256.jpg

There, that's better. Sheesh!

Now that I know what I'm doing, I decided my curaisse needed improving. So I improved it! I intend to form the gasket around the arms from scratch, in order to be more game accurate. I will also do the back and undersuit in like fashion.

20181013_142855.jpg

Last edited:
zachturner009 I just changed jobs and this new schedule is killing me for time, otherwise I'd already be done, I'm sure.

On your suit, do you have pockets or storage compartments? Or just the thigh rig? I saw what PerniciousDuke did with his chest center piece, but I don't have that attachment, and I have things to carry. How do you do it?

zachturner009 I just changed jobs and this new schedule is killing me for time, otherwise I'd already be done, I'm sure.

On your suit, do you have pockets or storage compartments? Or just the thigh rig? I saw what PerniciousDuke did with his chest center piece, but I don't have that attachment, and I have things to carry. How do you do it?
I just have a thigh rig, it held everything, I would have done pockets inside the chest, just didnt see a way to actually get it once my biceps and forearm pieces were on, so thigh rig was way easier.

Gotcha. Guess i'll just have to rig me up a sweet thigh rig too, then. I'll do that after I'm totally done.

For now, enjoy my nearly completed helmet:
20181112_213445.jpg 20181112_165042.jpg 20181113_060009.jpg
The visor is cut out and ready, just need to add padding before I insert it.

Special thanks to TurboCharizard for his stencils. I've been wondering how I was gonna get those little details done.

Gotcha. Guess i'll just have to rig me up a sweet thigh rig too, then. I'll do that after I'm totally done.

For now, enjoy my nearly completed helmet:
View attachment 262275 View attachment 262276 View attachment 262277
The visor is cut out and ready, just need to add padding before I insert it.

Special thanks to TurboCharizard for his stencils. I've been wondering how I was gonna get those little details done.

Dude that looks sick!! Very well done! I love the reach armor. My h3 helmet rebuild is coming along 10x better also now, scaling is perfect

Takes 1 and 2 for comparison.

20181116_154016.jpg

I'm much happier with this second torso than the first. It's more game- accurate, as well. I've not attempted the spine portions yet, but will probably attach those to the undersuit? We'll see.

Here's a comparison shot of the back vs. The game for comparing:

20181115_210929.jpg
20181013_142855.jpg

How does this look?

Takes 1 and 2 for comparison.

View attachment 262336

I'm much happier with this second torso than the first. It's more game- accurate, as well. I've not attempted the spine portions yet, but will probably attach those to the undersuit? We'll see.

Here's a comparison shot of the back vs. The game for comparing:

View attachment 262339 View attachment 262338

How does this look?

Dude that is freaking legendary awesome!! Love this reach build. I'll be starting my torso soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back