Sean Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.
AoBfrost said:
And Sean doesnt even show up for his own surprise virtual birthday party he doesnt know about :\

Well, when he does pop in here later today (which I'm sure he will), that'll just make for more of a surprise, then... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Birthday!

Don't look at it as getting older - just think about all the cool stuff you did, the things you learned, and the people you met over the last year. Would you give any of it up - no? Then it's been a year well-spent...

SPARTAN II said:
I just barely understood what all of that said. I hate leet-speak... :p

LINK
Translations...
I have it bookmarked for those times that I really can't decode.

Wow! Thanks everybody! You sure know how to make a guy feel appreciated.

Honestly I really needed to hear this. I was feeling kinda down about all sorts of things yesterday. Thanks a bunch for cheering me up!

Funny thing is I still really feel like a kid in most respects, turning 33 is sorta surreal. I think of my whole life up to this point, and everything I thought I'd do by this point in my life and feeel like I haven't had enough time yet to reach those goals. But then I remember all the things I have done, and all the unexpected surprises along the way and I realize that I've led a very full accomplished life, and I'm still going!

For those of you who don't know, before I devoted myself to all things Halo I had a fairly distinguished career in sculpture. I'm lucky enough to have some sculpture on display in a few very respectable museums, and have worked on national monuments and lots of public sculpture. I loved my work but it wasn't very satisfying to me on a personal level. I wasn't getting much credit for all the hard work that I was doing. When I reached a breaking point in my residency at a local college I decided that I had spent enough of my life making other people rich and famous and I wanted to spend the rest of my life doing work I was truly interested in. Finding this website has really filled in a major portion of that... I suppose in a number of ways it's refocused my goals and a big part of that is taking the skills that I've learned and passing them on to people who really appreciate the knowledge. Being a part of a community thats just as obsessed with this craft as I am is every bit as satisfying and rewarding as I had hoped it would be.

So thanks, right back at you guys (and gals!) Thanks for allowing me to help and thanks for all the help you've given me. Most of all thanks for helping an old fart remember thats you're only as old as you want to be!..

Heres to the 405th, and building a community for us all!

-Sean

Sean Bradley said:
-Sean

QTMFT

if that doesn't say it all

happy b-day from the biggest family you will ever have, without the annoying in-laws :lol:

Wow. Well my birthday is Tomorrow. Looks like us staff all seem to have birthdays around this time :p .

Happy Birthday once again :)!

-Doom

Sean Bradley said:
Wow! Thanks everybody! You sure know how to make a guy feel appreciated.

Honestly I really needed to hear this. I was feeling kinda down about all sorts of things yesterday. Thanks a bunch for cheering me up!

Funny thing is I still really feel like a kid in most respects, turning 33 is sorta surreal. I think of my whole life up to this point, and everything I thought I'd do by this point in my life and feeel like I haven't had enough time yet to reach those goals. But then I remember all the things I have done, and all the unexpected surprises along the way and I realize that I've led a very full accomplished life, and I'm still going!

For those of you who don't know, before I devoted myself to all things Halo I had a fairly distinguished career in sculpture. I'm lucky enough to have some sculpture on display in a few very respectable museums, and have worked on national monuments and lots of public sculpture. I loved my work but it wasn't very satisfying to me on a personal level. I wasn't getting much credit for all the hard work that I was doing. When I reached a breaking point in my residency at a local college I decided that I had spent enough of my life making other people rich and famous and I wanted to spend the rest of my life doing work I was truly interested in. Finding this website has really filled in a major portion of that... I suppose in a number of ways it's refocused my goals and a big part of that is taking the skills that I've learned and passing them on to people who really appreciate the knowledge. Being a part of a community thats just as obsessed with this craft as I am is every bit as satisfying and rewarding as I had hoped it would be.

So thanks, right back at you guys (and gals!) Thanks for allowing me to help and thanks for all the help you've given me. Most of all thanks for helping an old fart remember thats you're only as old as you want to be!..

-Sean
THE CAKE IS A LIE

Finally you showed up :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back