Seongman Labs - Mjolnir Mark VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianV

Background info:

Ever since I got a hold of Halo: CE I dreamed of having the mighty Mjolnir armor. As the years passed by, more Halo games and more frustration for not owning such a piece of equipment, I thought making a full suit of armor was a feat only possible for studios such as Weta. Well, it all changed one afternoon, when I found a Pep file of Isaac's helmet on /po/ and I was finally introduced to the marvelous world of Pepakura.
Trying to find the software to open the pdo's, I came across master Thorssolli's blog, and I almost pull a muscle from my eyelids trying to admire the sheer beauty of his project. Through him I found the halo costuming wikia and it led me here.
Now, I am a teacher, and I am one thesis away from getting my degree, which has created time difficulties along the way. This project was started late march, and chronographed (Not sure if word) to be ready for halloween, now I am not sure.
I am also the only known branch of the 405th in Colombia, and I've got to say that a lot of improvisation and experimentation has taken place in order to find all the correct materials for my armor, and not being able to buy from websites has made it all even more difficult, but I do enjoy a good challenge.

Enough with the chit chat, here are some pics from my progress:
28319387680343654767308.jpg

The second pep of the helmet, the first one was a low detail and it turned up waaaay too small.
28319387680353654767308.jpg

Every step of the process, I was afraid I would mess it all up.
29391391249148654767308.jpg

Here it is, first "Supermasilla" (Bondo, in Spanish) layer.
29391391250988654767308.jpg

And here it is with the shoulder.

Updates to this post are not going to be made as often as I would like to because of time constraints, but I swear to the mighty Forerunners this project will be finished. I will also try to create an spanish post for all of those Spartans who are not as fluent as me.

Stay tuned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back