Shady Ebay Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.
every now and then i scan through ebay to see what people put up and how much they charge for armor. i see this same one come up every time but no one bids. [LINK REMOVED] it seems odd to me that he is charging so much when everyone else starts at 50$ and it had no padding or visor, which he says he will 'put it all in if it reaches the buy now price' he also says it's made from plastic, and has a picture of 4 of these same visorless helmets. i'm just curious if anyone can verify if this guy is legit or if he is casting off someones work

Timothy Rodowicz said:
every now and then i scan through ebay to see what people put up and how much they charge for armor. i see this same one come up every time but no one bids. HERE. it seems odd to me that he is charging so much when everyone else starts at 50$ and it had no padding or visor, which he says he will 'put it all in if it reaches the buy now price' he also says it's made from plastic, and has a picture of 4 of these same visorless helmets. i'm just curious if anyone can verify if this guy is legit or if he is casting off someones work

I can't speak for anyone else here but I never start my auctions at $50. Mainly because that wouldn't even cover the materials put into one of my helmets, let alone the time it takes to cast, paint, put together etc. I can't speak to whether or not his helmet is a recast but the price is a very small bit high for a "Raw" cast but still a good price. BTW: One of the ways you can tell an original artist from a recaster is the price of a raw casting. Most of the time a recaster will have a low, low, low price and the quality is also very bad (thin castings, crappy material, bad molds, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
it all seems to fit. so all i need is someone to see if it might be a recast of their work. in more than one photo i can easily tell the helmet is warped to the left side, it's really obvious. the asking price isn't worth what i see in those photos. if this guy is ripping off someone, i want to shut him down

AceHigh said:
I think that the same ebay account was the topic of this thread: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24908&st=0&p=402825&hl=ebay&fromsearch=1&#entry402825

Not 100% sure though, but if so, he's a recaster.

It's the same person, you can tell from the imperfections. And quoting NZ-TK from last topic.

NZ-TK said:
Please dont post links to recast auctions. They don't need the free advertising. Ebay is full of that kind of garbage, best to stay away from it altogether. A better way is to deal with artists directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please dont post links to recast auctions. They don't need the free advertising. Best way is to deal with artists directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back