Shawn's Mark V (b) Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos on the magnets. It really does make it easier to get into and out of the torso with zero assistance.
+1 to Epicness.

Exciting to see another spartan being built from our squad. Do you think you'll have it all done for CCEE?

Cheers!

That's the plan. I have until April. I'll get as much done as I can before my garage gets too cold to work with resin, then I'll have a nice long winter of pepakura and foam work, with a mad dash to get the fiberglass done when it warms up.

Edit: and I just realized this is my 117th post, on post #42 of this thread. Must be my lucky day. I should buy a lottery ticket.

Hopefully the magnets are strong enough to prevent accidental shifting or even full disconnect if bumped!

They're pretty strong. There are 12 magnets in there to hold the torso together, and each set is on a different angle from the next set, so it doesn't just slide apart. That's enough for the most part, though I'll likely add a bit of strategically placed Velcro in a couple places just in case. I'll be adding more magnets for the weapons, if I can get that to work. I'll let you check it out next time you're over, Kris. I'll be able to have another armour party sometime in November probably.

Mine's held together with velcro, and it does the job perfectly. I can show you next time I've over how I did it. (And or just bring them over)

Mine's held together with velcro, and it does the job perfectly.

Awesome Progress man, i love seeing stuff come together so well, makes me sooo pumped for my build >u<. And Velcro is a good idea i never thought to try it. Does it hold together well even though you move a lot?

Awesome Progress man, i love seeing stuff come together so well, makes me sooo pumped for my build >u<. And Velcro is a good idea i never thought to try it. Does it hold together well even though you move a lot?
Sure does. Very secure.

Is it industrial strength? For costuming I've lost faith in anything weaker than industrial strength.

If you mean my Vlecro? I dont know the differance except weight capacity, and the stuff i have can hold four pounds per inch of velcro, I Got it from a boat supply shop.

Time for an update! Lights! I found some miniature Christmas light sets at Michael's and set them up inside my torso.

81e59090.jpg

3dda2d96.jpg

56a3f186.jpg

e369ddf7.jpg

0bdcfc88.jpg

Excuse me... I need to go and wipe the drool off of my keyboard.

What kind of power supply are you using to power the LED's? Voltage etc....

Excellent work!

I'll check the voltage and stuff out later. They're just 3AA sized battery packs with an integral switch wired to 10 LEDs. For the front one set was fine. For the back I had to cannibalize two sets. Here's a couple more pics. You can see the torso doesn't quite sit right yet. I need to pad up the inside.

f9c9b002.jpg

56f4080f.jpg

For added Hotness, here's my friend Dara in the armour.

e0157b79.jpg

Lookin' good!

Hey Shawn, by any chance, do those leds have a pulse mode; not blinking, but fade in-out? Or are they just constant on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back