Shawn's Mark V (b) Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like that barcode idea are you just going to print it out from barcodeusa.com?

Is there a barcodecanada.ca? Lol, I just found a random barcode generator on google.ca.

I started pepping the boot armour yesterday. Back at work for the next 4 days. Hopefully I'll have time to start glassing them on friday, if not earlier. I got some great base boots from Canadian Tire. They're neoprene and rubber, waterproof. So I'll still be able to do photoshoots in shallow water.

You bet. I haven't done any glassing, but I've got plenty of pepping done. I've pepped boot armour. Once it's glassed, I'll put foam underneath the plates to make the boots a little bigger. Last night at Hyokenseisou's armour party I finished padding the inside of the helmet with black yoga mat. I've also started pepping the torso armour. I'm hoping to finish pepping the chest in the next couple of days, then I'll start resin and fiberglass in the next week or so.

41b368dd.jpg

f2ea5a9e.jpg

49c76ce1.jpg

f925533c.jpg

0a07a4b9.jpg

94208986.jpg

Looking good, man! I really dig your helmet-liner setup...I don't recognize that material, do you mind if I ask what is it and how have you attached it?

Update time once again! I finished pepping the torso last night. I used large Popsicle sticks for support. I'm hoping that will help prevent warping. I'll start with resin tomorrow.

4e96d42c.jpg

46e1cfd0.jpg

9ad283a1.jpg

88af0186.jpg

I'm hoping Halloween, but I'm not sure how feasible that is. I've only put in about 60 hours of work so far. Longshot told me his MC took 1000 hours. Soooo... We'll see how fast I pull this through.

"Bobo" here with another update, sort of. I've started fibreglassing my torso. No pics, sorry, but it's just fiberglass. I'm thinking ahead to where I should cut my torso. In the picture I'm attaching, it feels like the blue line is the right place to cut for the top, but what do you guys think is good for a cut on the lower section? Red line or green?

e9e846fe.jpg

I would cut the green area, this way the seam will be hidden when your arms are down plus its not as noticeble when your standing around like it would be closer to the front

I think I will do that. I'll have to see when I progress some more.

Speaking of progress, I have at least one layer of glass in most areas, more in other places.

531bf091.jpg

d817ddb7.jpg

a4b6c0af.jpg

Bumpity bump. Sorry for the double post, but it's update time. First of all, I got Infantryman status! Woohoo! Moving on, I had an armour party on Wednesday, and got a fair bit done. To start with, it was my friend Peter's birthday on Thursday, so we gave him a grunt birthday party.

71b5621d.jpg

Next up are my new acquisitions. I got a set of handplates from Hyokenseisou, and my first magnum. Sorry I'm not sure who the maker is. Jedi Ranger organized a group order.

ed38a2d0.jpg

I also did quite a bit of work on my boots with evo foam.

79d349b7.jpg

My U/A helmet attachment is coming along nicely. You can see it here just held in place with tape.

7163a8d3.jpg

9bfe14cd.jpg

Finally my torso is almost complete. I have a little left to do around the neck, then sand a bit, and then I'll be ready to cut the front from the back.

d4b451c5.jpg

6d148d86.jpg

Lookin' good man. I'm at/or around the same stage as you. I'm doing the MkV Halo ce build so the chest is a little easier for sanding and junk since it's lacking the detail of the Reach armor (which doesn't make sense chronologically :p ). Anywho, lovin' the build and can't wait to see more. Keep it up!!!

The Magnums are from 405th member "smick6". They are some of the cleanest weapon casts I have ever dealt with!

Anyway, looking great Shawn. But I have to admit, at least in the pics, the UA attachment looks a little too big, to me anyway. Or maybe just sticking up a little too high.

Progress has been slow. My Dremel 400 died on me. :(. So once payday rolled around I bought a Dremel 4000! :D

The UA has warped more than I would like. I will probably redo it, at least the top section. The visor and bracket parts seem fine.

Anyways, progress time! I've cut my torso and added magnets!

[video]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h85/ShatirLavan/Halo/5cd3ebc8.mp4[/video]

Here are a few detail pictures in case the video doesn't work for you.

63e0f27f.jpg

72442ee4.jpg

This one shows how well the cuts blend in. Just picture it finished.

d1e5eb48.jpg

Anyways, I just have a ton of sanding to do on the torso, then I'll prime it and start on electronics. There will be a few cuts made and holes drilled for LED's before I can finish painting it. I'm also debating trying to magnetize the backplate, but we'll see if that is even feasible. I might need to make an AR first.

Looking good man, i am thinking of putting magnets throughout my armor so i can put weapons and grenades everywhere. Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back