• $250-300

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $300 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonslayer

Hi, i'm new here, and I was hoping to get some opinions from people that actually make helmets.

My price range is about $360 but I don't want to get ripped off.

So if you could please vote or just reply it would much appreciated.

Also the seller doesn't have any feedback should I be concerned?

(somone else bid on it so they must not be to worried about it.)

Do you think the shipping time is to short? It's like 5 days from halloween.

Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hand-crafted-Ha...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef9801f43

Item# 270473895747

Thank you.

dragonslayer said:
Hi, i'm new here, and I was hoping to get some opinions from people that actually make helmets.

My price range is about $360 but I don't want to get ripped off.

So if you could please vote or just reply it would much appreciated.

Also the seller doesn't have any feedback should I be concerned?

(somone else bid on it so they must not be to worried about it.)

Do you think the shipping time is to short? It's like 5 days from halloween.

Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hand-crafted-Ha...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef9801f43

Item# 270473895747

Thank you.

Looks good,... if you like it, and you think its worth it. you will be happy with it if you buy it.

P.S. I thinks its overpriced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like he made it himself, if you reallly don't want to make one and save some dough, then sure buy it. I'm gunna say still it looks warped a bit in some areas and lower detail

HaloFreakX said:
Looks like he made it himself, if you reallly don't want to make one and save some dough, then sure buy it. I'm gunna say still it looks warped a bit in some areas and lower detail

Is warping really bad?

And thanks for the fast replies.

warping is kind of bad only if it effects the fit and its pretty overpriced too but it saves you a lot of time, i would look for one with less scratches but thats just me. :cool

ARMYofONE2469 said:
WELCOME TO THE 405TH INFANTRY DIVISION :D

Thanks, I have been looking at this sight for a long time and decided to join when i had questions about the helmet.

Nugget said:You have a high budget, so you could get a much better helmet for just a bit more.

I looked and this is the only one that looks hand made.

sgt Whoopass said:warping is kind of bad only if it effects the fit and its pretty overpriced too but it saves you a lot of time, i would look for one with less scratches but thats just me.

I think it's supposed his helm at the end of the war.

I would not buy that.

1- looks cheaply made

2- no feedback is a bad sign on ebay.

3- you could make one yourself for probably 10 hours of pepping, 1 can of fiberglass resin ($12 here) 1 package of fiberglass matting (about $5 here) a few disposable gloves (50 for $5 here) and some paintbrushes and paper (about 0.88 x 5 and $15 for the 110lb cardstock) oh and don't forget some rubber cement for the pepping ($1.77)

Sure it'd take you abouta day to do- print, pep out, resin, and you wouldn't have a visor - but with that extra money you could order one (or go into a shop and buy one) and have Rush delivery put on it (be probably another $20 for shipping andaround $40 for the visor)

So for less then $110 you could have yourself a medium detail, fiberglassed helmet, that you made. Then just paint (and not worry about bondo detail since even the med def files look enough like "the real thing" for Halloween events and such.)

Plus the shop I buy nearly everything from is open 24 hours a day, so I can rush up and get more of anything I need if I needed it. (Walmart) The 110lb cardstock I get at Office Max, and the only other part I couldn't buy at wally world was the visor.

Kissker said:
I would not buy that.

1- looks cheaply made

2- no feedback is a bad sign on ebay.

3- you could make one yourself for probably 10 hours of pepping, 1 can of fiberglass resin ($12 here) 1 package of fiberglass matting (about $5 here) a few disposable gloves (50 for $5 here) and some paintbrushes and paper (about 0.88 x 5 and $15 for the 110lb cardstock) oh and don't forget some rubber cement for the pepping ($1.77)

Sure it'd take you abouta day to do- print, pep out, resin, and you wouldn't have a visor - but with that extra money you could order one (or go into a shop and buy one) and have Rush delivery put on it (be probably another $20 for shipping andaround $40 for the visor)

So for less then $110 you could have yourself a medium detail, fiberglassed helmet, that you made. Then just paint (and not worry about bondo detail since even the med def files look enough like "the real thing" for Halloween events and such.)

Plus the shop I buy nearly everything from is open 24 hours a day, so I can rush up and get more of anything I need if I needed it. (Walmart) The 110lb cardstock I get at Office Max, and the only other part I couldn't buy at wally world was the visor.

The only reason I can't make one is because I have to work 5 (9) hour days this week (which is why I have 360 set aside for halloween).

I have to log off for 4-5 hours but I will be on at 7 or 8 tonight.

If you guys could include the maximum you would bid on it or vote in the poll, it would be really awesome!

see you later.

and thank you all.

I wouldn't buy it. Not to insult the seller, but you can get a much better helmet in cast from from one of the older members here for the same price, or even less.

The helmet is pretty low in detail, so is it worth $180? I wouldn't say so, but that's not for me to decide.

personally i've seen better hand made helmets. you should make sure a) that the helmet fits, and :coolthat it's in good condition.

You'd be better off making your own. it would cost a lot less and you could make it specifically to your size

Its WAY too expensive, and I ain't gonna say it looks like crap but you can do WAY better for what you're wanting to spend. Heck, wait till after next week and I'll sell you mine cheaper, haha.

You might wanna buy a Rubies for $100 and modify it yourself for that price.

nah like adam says, buy a name brand if your looking eye to eye at that money, personally see no reason to buy this. its a low definition file. the whole point of this site is to advise people to build stuff rather than buy stuff. i just don't see the point. what are you going to do for the rest of the suit? buy it? lol. just do a decent file ep work and get i done, hell if you want ill build your the LED displays. as long a you build it

No, I don't think you should. Not to insult the person who made it, this one looks very poorly made (like my helmets :p), but I think you'd be better off buying the $100 official one and replace the visor.

Absolutly not, its the lowest of the low detail pepakura model. Plus I would agree with Adam, or I would just advise looking at the helmets that some of the 405th members have made (the plastic molds of there helmets). You should see some of the detailed, extravagent work that have been put into them. And you would probably be getting a better deal out of it too. Just look around, and if you see one you like, just pm that person. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back