Simple Helmet Speaker System

I created a more detailed wiring diagram that has the port names.

Edit: I got one of the connections Wrong

Last edited:
So I know this thread is about 3 years old but I am hoping someone who knows more than me will see this and help. I am trying to build this setup for my master chief helmet and followed the instructions exactly but am only getting a buzzing from the speaker. I set up the whole rig to test before putting it in the helmet and have changed out every part one by one to try to eliminate any bad parts. I adjusted the gain on the microphone amp and volume on the sound amp. I assume the microphone amp also serves as the microphone but I am not that familiar with this level of electronics so that was just an assumption. The only other thing I can think of to troubleshoot is to just soder everything up incase its a bad connection point.

Here is a list of components in case I messed that up.

and I added these to make wiring easier on my second pass.

Thanks to anyone who happens to help.

So I know this thread is about 3 years old but I am hoping someone who knows more than me will see this and help. I am trying to build this setup for my master chief helmet and followed the instructions exactly but am only getting a buzzing from the speaker. I set up the whole rig to test before putting it in the helmet and have changed out every part one by one to try to eliminate any bad parts. I adjusted the gain on the microphone amp and volume on the sound amp. I assume the microphone amp also serves as the microphone but I am not that familiar with this level of electronics so that was just an assumption. The only other thing I can think of to troubleshoot is to just soder everything up incase its a bad connection point.

Here is a list of components in case I messed that up.

and I added these to make wiring easier on my second pass.

Thanks to anyone who happens to help.
Most parts looks spot on. The only thing I have different than you was a 28mm Speaker like this one: 2W 28mm Bass Speaker

It's is nice if you get it to work.

However, if you are going to use at conventions I would instead use this: Amazon.com

It is louder and easier to hear from the person you are speaking to.

Most parts looks spot on. The only thing I have different than you was a 28mm Speaker like this one: 2W 28mm Bass Speaker

It's is nice if you get it to work.

However, if you are going to use at conventions I would instead use this: Amazon.com

It is louder and easier to hear from the person you are speaking to.
If you buy the wireless style of the one moe posted above you can also mount the mic semi-permanently in your helmet

I tried to build this exact system, and cannot for the life of me remove the feedback from the mic + speaker. No matter where I put the mic in the helmet I'd get it. I had to lower the volume so much on both the mic gain and the amplifier pot that you can't even hear it.

Might have to do the external speaker instead.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back