Simple Helmet Speaker System

1583252027867.png

No attack, just posing a question........didn't think they were around at all.......

Lol, looks like my area got hit with a bankruptcy nuke.

Maybe that is why they closed......I've never see so many so close to each other....

Well, given how big Houston is, they aren't really all that close time wise. Distance, sure, but it'll take 30 minutes to get from one to the other.

What killed them, in my opinion, is that they leaned away from what made them great. A small electronics supply chain. They became a miniature Walmart for off brand crap.

All I'm seeing from that map is that Houston can use a small electronics supply store. and maybe, perhaps maybe, update the link for an amazon listing I found (https://www.amazon.com/ZRM-4-Pack-Battery-Holder-Storage/dp/B07D276482/ref=sr_1_14?keywords=AAA+battery+holder&qid=1583254441&sr=8-14&th=1)

We have something even better! Electronic Parts Outlet

They have EVERYTHING. Also, microcenter is nice, but I can't walk out of there without spending at least $200........

Does voice distortion increase with volume?
Not really. if you are looking to distort your voice, I would recommend getting a voice changer, taking it apart and re-working the electronics into your helmet. It'll be a bit more bulkier than the simple one but you'll have more options. Only downside is, it doesn't remember the settings when you turn it off and on again. That's why I didn't use it in mine.

The power switch is a latching switch that I placed interrupting the positive of the battery and the board. I placed the switch in the ear of the helmet:

View attachment 285126

I put a switch on each side. One side controls the fan, the other controls the speaker. I had to work it into the 3D design along with the battery packs and inlet vent for the fan.
is the switch between the battery and 1 board or the battery and both boards?

is the switch between the battery and 1 board or the battery and both boards?
The battery and both boards. No use having power constantly on for any one board.

i'm curious.. As a person who likes using helmet fans. How do you think sound would be affected by that?
The fan is on in the video. so long as it is not on top of the mic, it'll be tough to pick up.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back