Site Suggestion,

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a chat should be implemented into the site. It would be great for if people want to talk to other 405th-ers and dont have IM or dont want to give out IM. As well if ppl wanted to play on XBL they could arrange something. I dunno...just a suggestion, I think it would be good.

IPB has a shoutbox option, which is basically an integrated chat in all forum pages. If I'm not mistaken, there was one previously, but it was taken down due to bandwidth use along with spam.

There can't be any sort of chat like this without using bandwidth, which Adam likes to avoid, and this has been brought up many times in the past, and never gets very far, from what I know.

If your looking for a centralized chat system, an IRC room would be better suited to that.

I miss the old chat myself, it'd be cool to have it back. In the past I've used ShoutMix shoutboxes on forums and it seems to work well.

Gokussj5okazu said:
I miss the old chat myself, it'd be cool to have it back. In the past I've used ShoutMix shoutboxes on forums and it seems to work well.

I agree, but the site always avoids using more bandwidth than it does already, which will most likely kill the idea again.

Last edited by a moderator:
IRC == Internet Relay Chat. Low bandwidth, multiplayer notepad. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back