So...(Thoughts and Opinions on Craft Robo needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylkon

Jr Member
Long story short, I really enjoy the process of pepakura and making the different things from cardstock.

But...

Recently, time is something I am a little short on. Add to that the fact that if I spend more then 40 minutes cutting, I get these strange twinges and tingles along my arm and fingers, which can often turn a little painful.

With birthday and a couple scholarships I've earned, I have a little bit of extra money. I am debating purchasing a Craft Robo and using it for the cutting process. I could work on my Quantum homework while pieces get cut, (I assume, anyway) and glue when its time.

Nowhere in my town does somebody (that I've thought of) sell one, which means I can't see a demo model, or even peek at the packaging for more info.

I've looked at some of the threads on here and was hoping somebody who owns one/knows more can give me some info about their usefulness, hidden costs I don't know about (The right model) etc. I can't rely on the many sites I've visited, because their reviews seem somehow biased (or written at a first grade level).

Thanks for your time and patience reading my wall of text.

Craft robo's are defiantly worth it, it saves a LOT of time and patience and divides the time of pepping by about 3-4! It really helps out many people (I dont have one :( )

If you have the money and really like pepping, get one.

I am fairly new to pepping but I did one single piece without my silouhette SD (craftrobo) and decided I had to have one.
I wanted it however more for the folding than the cutting (but not having to cut is awsome). The perforated fold lines makes folding extremely simple and SUPER SUPER clean.
In short they are very well worth it and cut (ignore the pun lol) a lot of time out of pepping

I am fairly new to pepping but I did one single piece without my silouhette SD (craftrobo) and decided I had to have one.
I wanted it however more for the folding than the cutting (but not having to cut is awsome). The perforated fold lines makes folding extremely simple and SUPER SUPER clean.
In short they are very well worth it and cut (ignore the pun lol) a lot of time out of pepping

Which model is yours (or more importantly, how easy is it to use)? I saw at least three models, but don't need anything fancy. Also, what is this I hear about guiding sheets? DO you have to put a sheet on each piece of cardstock? The demos I saw on Youtube weren't real helpful.

I have this model.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Quickutz-Silhou...Die_Cutting_Machines_Dies&hash=item3f02ea992a

You will also have to purchase the Pepakura verion that supports the craft robo.
As far as the carrier sheets go it comes with one that you use to put the paper on. The stickiness lasts for a while and after its not so sticky anymore you can buy a new one or go to Jo Anne fabricks and pick up some temoprary/moveable sticky glue and reglue it.

They are easy to use. You just arrange the parts on the pep pages so they are within the registration marks in the pepakura that supports craft robo and then you print them out. You lay the first sheet on the sticky carrier sheet and then feed it into the craftrobo. Then youpress the cut button in pepakura and go through all the prompts. The machine then finds the registration marks to align itself automatically and then cuts it. You then unload it remove the pieces and the scrap paper from the carrier sheet and put your next page down and start all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back